ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Carson - Can Iowa beat out Bama, Ohio St & Oklahoma for this elite DE?

ChuckThomas12

Team MVP
Jan 15, 2016
Western Iowa
Big time prospect, highly underrated.

Recently released his Top 10. Hawkeyes make the cut.

Can we go toe to toe with these heavyweights and land his commitment?

It's great to pick up these solid regional commits vs the lower half of the Big Ten, but those are recruiting battles we are expected to win. Can KF & staff prove they have what it takes to land some big time nationally elite players? Would be a HUGE get for us.

Reactions: VicHawkeye
For Carson it's down to Oklahoma, Nebraska, Alabama and Ohio State. Don't know why he didn't just name a Top 5 tonight, but whatever. I know he's #1 on Nebraska's board at DE (Ronnie Perkins being 1b).

Perkins or Carson, take your pick at DE. Both are very talented out of Missouri.

What a kick in the balls for the mizzou fanbase today. Mario Goodrich to Neb followed by Carson putting Iowa State in his Top 11 and not freaking Mizzou. Lol

3rd place?? I think it was just 2 years ago they finished dead last in the West! Not 100% positive but even Pur whipped them that year.
That was their transition year that the got better as the year went along and played us tough until Tommy Turnover gave us the game. They did not end up near last though they ended with a winning season and beat a good UCLA in a bowl while we laid an egg in our bowl game again and got ran over by Stanfordl

That was their transition year that the got better as the year went along and played us tough until Tommy Turnover gave us the game. They did not end up near last though they ended with a winning season and beat a good UCLA in a bowl while we laid an egg in our bowl game again and got ran over by Stanfordl
6-7 is not a winning season

Husker - the difference is I don't go to your boards. Look at all the newly joined Huskers in this thread alone who come to a Hawk board to jerk each other off about a kid who may or may not ever play for the vaunted blackshirts. BTW Iowa just scored again.

Reactions: ScoutRefugee
Alas, poor Iowa can only pull out OLD newspaper clippings of Nile Kinnick.

Maybe just maybe the old coach might want to step up those practices a little........... from the Omaha World Herald 12/12/2016:

"After Iowa beat Nebraska 40-10, NU defensive coordinator Mark Banker told reporters that the Hawkeyes’ practices must have been a “bloodbath” because of the physical way they played against the Huskers.

The comment, first relayed on Twitter by The World-Herald, was retweeted by several Iowa coaches. It was seen as a badge of honor for Iowa and, to some Nebraska fans, a critique on what NU lacked in its practices."

While I agree fans of other teams should not start threads, there are plenty of threads and posts over here that involve neb and even some that only concern neb that were posted by hawk fans.

While I agree fans of other teams should not start threads, there are plenty of threads and posts over here that involve neb and even some that only concern neb that were posted by hawk fans.

It makes the off season more interesting.

Reactions: Ray1125
Maybe just maybe the old coach might want to step up those practices a little........... from the Omaha World Herald 12/12/2016:

"After Iowa beat Nebraska 40-10, NU defensive coordinator Mark Banker told reporters that the Hawkeyes’ practices must have been a “bloodbath” because of the physical way they played against the Huskers.

The comment, first relayed on Twitter by The World-Herald, was retweeted by several Iowa coaches. It was seen as a badge of honor for Iowa and, to some Nebraska fans, a critique on what NU lacked in its practices."
That is true, Iowa did to Nebraska what Nebraska once did to almost everyone.
We only have to go back to 2015 to see that Nebraska displayed the same physical play against Iowa to the tune of 485 yards to 250 or so, turnovers being the difference. There has been no dominance from either team in this series since Nebraska joined. Enjoy the matchup and hope it is for the west each time it's played.

That is true, Iowa did to Nebraska what Nebraska once did to almost everyone.
We only have to go back to 2015 to see that Nebraska displayed the same physical play against Iowa to the tune of 485 yards to 250 or so, turnovers being the difference. There has been no dominance from either team in this series since Nebraska joined. Enjoy the matchup and hope it is for the west each time it's played.

Turnovers change games and change strategies and play calling. It is like Hillary won the popular vote argument. That ain't what determines the winner and loser (yardage totals).

And you've got huskers on our site posting that all we can do is look back at Nile Kinnick. All this banter is great, but TALK is cheap! Until it's changed on the field, the only thing Hawk fans need to look at is SCOREBOARD!

Please show me the last thread not started by a husker fan. As there is one about some recruit that you got one of your fans started the other day. Which by the way how lame to start a thread on another teams board about a recruit your team got. Like we care or are so super impressed. I went back 5 pages 200 threads and ZERO with Nebraska in the thread name. One where everyone is posting in about the over/under win total that husker trolls came lurking too after many post not even mentioning Nebraska. Heck this one doesn't even mention Nebraska either, only OU and Ohio St. Which tells me how many Husker fans come over looking into threads looking to interject the same old lame boring stuff here then proclaim this statement as you have done. No just shows lot of pathetic Husker fans who say "Iowa doesn't matter" but sure spend a heck of lot of time not only posting but rifling through threads to find slightest thing husker related to post on.

So again for the highlighted part please inform me of these threads or quit spewing your stupid false narrative here.

Reactions: Ree4
Not now, but our recruiting is going up. If we continue to get better in recruiting little by little and having better seasons and not just going 10-2 back to 7-5 then we will be able to get in on players like him and maybe win some 4/5 stars. Also not saying we need to become Iowa State or Minnesota or anything but offering more of the top guys would be helpful too

Its just too bad Kirk and Co, couldn't keep the recruiting up after the 03-05 run.

Co-Hawk - I agree although pretty darn tough. We have very limited local prospects and unless you are OSU or Michigan hard to get southern kids north. Not making excuses just a fact. And even in Iowa we may lose good recruits for various reasons. Lazard is a legacy, Downing for his major, Ross P to go to Alabama, and Martin (which I still don't get) to Michigan. I know there are others like Darboh too. Anyway, always gonna be an uphill climb. I guess we could offer the entire country like Campbell but don't personally want to do that. We average a top 10 finish every 3.5 years with KF and our players have won numerous national awards and get to the NFL. 2 questions for people with more time than me but I think would probably show the strength of our program. First, how many programs have more diverse awards than us under KF (meaning coach of the year, Maxwell, Unitas, Doak Walker, Thorpe, Outland, Moore Oline, Mackey, Groza?). Second, how many teams from 02-2016, have more than 5 top 10 finishes? Curious to know.

Reactions: DocRambo
Co-Hawk - I agree although pretty darn tough. We have very limited local prospects and unless you are OSU or Michigan hard to get southern kids north. Not making excuses just a fact. And even in Iowa we may lose good recruits for various reasons. Lazard is a legacy, Downing for his major, Ross P to go to Alabama, and Martin (which I still don't get) to Michigan. I know there are others like Darboh too. Anyway, always gonna be an uphill climb. I guess we could offer the entire country like Campbell but don't personally want to do that. We average a top 10 finish every 3.5 years with KF and our players have won numerous national awards and get to the NFL. 2 questions for people with more time than me but I think would probably show the strength of our program. First, how many programs have more diverse awards than us under KF (meaning coach of the year, Maxwell, Unitas, Doak Walker, Thorpe, Outland, Moore Oline, Mackey, Groza?). Second, how many teams from 02-2016, have more than 5 top 10 finishes? Curious to know.
You think we should we content with being top 20 every 4 years? I say every 2 would be fine because teams have off years here and there

Nope. I agree. Would want more consistency. But how many teams have 5 top 10 finishes from 2002-2016? How many teams in that time frame have played in 3 BCS bowls? Just curious.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
We only have to go back to 2015 to see that Nebraska displayed the same pussy play against Iowa to the tune of 485 yards to 250 or so, turnovers being the difference.

Context matters.

Iowa only had 250 yards because the end zone kept getting in the way.

Nebraska had 433 (not 485) because Iowa was fine with Tommy throwing floaters between the 20s.

Iowa averaged more yards per play, 5.7 to 5.2.

But, at least Husker fans got their little moral victory by focusing on total yards.

Here are the totals from this century (2001-2016). Top 10 AP finishes:

Ohio State - 12
Alabama - 10
Oklahoma - 10
USC - 9
Georgia - 7
LSU - 7
Texas - 7
Oregon - 6
Florida - 5
Iowa - 5
TCU - 5

All other teams are 4 or less during that same time.

Wow look at all the Nebraska IDIOTS showing up on a thread nothing to do with them, what's new there i guess they are trying to do everything to get the WOODSHED laying they received from Iowa really left a bad taste in their mouth..

To bad those losers aren't smart enough to stay on their own boards...morons

Thanks CB. Unreal. So in this century Iowa has more top 10 finishes than every team in the Big 10 not named OSU, and the Big 12 not named Oklahoma or Texas (with a tie with TCU; not sure when they joined the crappy Big 12)? That is incredible. And only 8 teams in the country have more top 10 finishes this century?! I didn't realize that. But yeah Iowa is a fake ID and not nationallly relevant. Wow.

Thanks CB. Unreal. So in this century Iowa has more top 10 finishes than every team in the Big 10 not named OSU, and the Big 12 not named Oklahoma or Texas (with a tie with TCU; not sure when they joined the crappy Big 12)? That is incredible. And only 8 teams in the country have more top 10 finishes this century?! I didn't realize that. But yeah Iowa is a fake ID and not nationallly relevant. Wow.
What no Michigan in there! LOL! Its amazing the schools still getting ranked at the beginning of the year based on their past successes.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT