ADVERTISEMENT

Davidkov transfer?

But waiting til now would make zero sense

If and this is a definite "if"
He believes he is better than guys in front of him and he is not getting 1st-team reps, it would make sense. I have no idea if that is what is going on here. I do know the two players at RT last year were the worst RTs I can remember in 40+ years of following Iowa football.

If and this is a definite "if"
He believes he is better than guys in front of him and he is not getting 1st-team reps, it would make sense. I have no idea if that is what is going on here. I do know the two players at RT last year were the worst RTs I can remember in 40+ years of following Iowa football.
Same concerns here, however it's not like he was buried on the depth chart and he'd have had the opportunity to play his way into a starting role during Fall practice over the next 3 weeks. Maybe he's not as ready as everyone assumed because of his ranking. In any case, he was going to see plenty of reps this season even as a backup tackle. If he is in fact leaving, and we know nothing, there has to be other reasons beyond the opening depth chart.

Everything I heard about Davidkov sounded positive exiting spring ... so unless there's actually something credible circulating around, I'm not terribly worried.
It would just be nice to hear why he is apparently not in camp, or at least on the sidelines

Reactions: VodkaSam
It would just be nice to hear why he is apparently not in camp, or at least on the sidelines
Who knows ... it could be as simple as it just being Covid. It could have been a death in the family. It could be an injury. Many possible explanations ... most of which are far more plausible than a knee-jerk reaction of him transferring.

Who knows ... it could be as simple as it just being Covid. It could have been a death in the family. It could be an injury. Many possible explanations ... most of which are far more plausible than a knee-jerk reaction of him transferring.
We all have the dreaded Vid.

I wonder what the covid protocols are now, in terms of how long they have to sit out before practicing again.

Everyone will know this Saturday during open kids practice. If he ain't there yet then, might be something to it.

Fortunately, this thread will never end.
7292993e-8bec-47a1-a335-46b65a815c0d_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT