ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley comment about the Iowa win.

Actually this year may be the most diverse in decades, with South Carolina still being the clear favorite.

Several strong teams in the PAC, ACC, B12, Big East, SEC and B10 although Indiana and OSU haven't quite hit their strides yet and Maryland has taken a massive step backwards.

The tournament should be a fun one once again, and my guess is you MAYBE see two of the same teams in the F4 this year.
Yup. There certainly is far more talent in WBB this year than in the past and it keeps improving every year. Those UCONN teams were really good, but there wasn't nearly the diversity of talent out there as there is today. And 15 years from now I'm betting there will be even more talent and quality teams.

This is the call she is referring to which gave Molly Davis 3 free throws. Probably not a shooting foul.

Maybe not, but there are at least 3 examples of Clark (and others) being basically tackled while shooting and nothing being called. People who point to this as a reason to somehow minimize Clark's shot probably don't want to get into a "this was a missed call" contest because the balance of missed calls hurt Iowa far more than it did MSU.

She called out everyone for criticizing refs in the LSU game, basically calling it racist and standing up for the refs who were being ripped mainly for their calls that went against Iowa. But then she calls out the refs in the MSU game for making a call that went in Iowa's favor, so suddenly publicly maligning the refs is an ok thing to do.

Would love to hear her explanation as to why she defended the refs in the one case, and felt it was ok to call them out in the other.

It’d be so great if anyone ever read thru another thread to see if a topic has already been discussed to death. This happens daily with WBB content…I would not be surprised to see yet another thread about this tomorrow. Why is no one capable of reading, or at least using the search function?

Also lol at you fragile bros convinced every black woman is racist. Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist. You can take a number of classes at the institution we all cheer for in the anthropology, poli sci, international studies departments etc to learn why that is. The irony of you guys pretending to be victims while complaining about Staley wanting to play the victim too lmaooo.

Try Again Music Video GIF
If we're all racists then so is she.

I don’t think she is racist. I do think she is over sensitive and will play the race card far too easily. She has made digs at Clark before. Last year she had to defend herself from what she said about Clark by saying she had given Clark the Staley POY award the prior two years (and also last year).

To answer your question, probably the answer is how much she has played the race card and her public digs at Clark. I do think some people are resentful of Clark from all of the attention she has been given. I can see Staley feeling that way when she has a team chalk full of stars.
Hmmm, SO she plays the race card, BUT she's not racist? Okay then what is she a victim? Hard to swallow that someone with her accomplishments and stature can still play that card.....

Reactions: youflog1hawk
She called out everyone for criticizing refs in the LSU game, basically calling it racist and standing up for the refs who were being ripped mainly for their calls that went against Iowa. But then she calls out the refs in the MSU game for making a call that went in Iowa's favor, so suddenly publicly maligning the refs is an ok thing to do.

Would love to hear her explanation as to why she defended the refs in the one case, and felt it was ok to call them out in the other.
Well, the obvious answer is because one of those situations helped her team and the other doesn't.

She said "nice shot" but the game ball should have gone to the refs who called the shooting foul when Molly was shot faking beyond the three. Now maybe yes or no that is true. But I would love to ask Coach Staley this, "If your team was so defensively great, had the greatest recruits, was so incredibly deep, and had an umpteen game winning streak, and you are such a phenomenal coach, then why were you unable to make adjustments to beat the Iowa Hawkeyes?"
Because she was too busy preparing herself and her team for yet another bar room brawl... 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
LolI guarantee every department listed above is 90% registered democrats and 'woke' ones at that.
Yes! Lol it’s a pretty great place that way! I don’t think I ever had a conservative professor tbh. Iowa City is such a liberal oasis…its why I love cheering for this school so much — great memories, great people :) I don’t live in Iowa anymore but I bet yall are glad your taxes dollars are doing god’s work right?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

PS the reason you guys are so upset about whether black people can be racist is bc you guys don’t understand how institutionalized racism or intersectionality works. Again, you can take a number of classes at our Alma mater to learn about it, it’s good stuff. In state tuition is cheap. It’s not rly that complicated either.

Also, I know this might explode your heads even more but if you follow some of our players on social media…brace yourself…you’ll see they’re pretty damn woke too! Clutch your pearls brothers!

Last edited:
Yes! Lol it’s a pretty great place that way! I don’t think I ever had a conservative professor tbh. Iowa City is such a liberal oasis…its why I love cheering for this school so much — great memories, great people :) I don’t live in Iowa anymore but I bet yall are glad your taxes dollars are doing god’s work right?

PS the reason you guys are so upset about whether black people can be racist is bc you guys don’t understand how institutionalized racism or intersectionality works. Again, you can take a number of classes at our Alma mater to learn about it, it’s good stuff. In state tuition is cheap. It’s not rly that complicated either.

Also, I know this might explode your heads even more but if you follow some of our players on social media…brace yourself…you’ll see they’re pretty damn woke too! Clutch your pearls brothers!
How is California treating you?

Yeah I don't understand the people here. That's clearly not a shooting foul. Of course that called helped Iowa and Staley isn't wrong in her tweet.
Thank god Bluder doesn't call out SC for all the calls they get...she'd be tweeting a lot. Don't know if she is racist but it's obvious her pettiness for Iowa beating them last year is pathetic.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Yeah I don't understand the people here. That's clearly not a shooting foul. Of course that called helped Iowa and Staley isn't wrong in her tweet.
She isn't wrong that it was a bad call. She's wrong for being a coach of another college basketball team and commenting on the officiating in a game she has nothing to do with, other than that the call favored (and not even that significantly, in the end) the only team that's beaten her in the last year and a half.

It's not just unprofessional; it's borderline unhinged.

Disagree. Definitely went into self protection mode to avoid potential injury. To continue with her shot would have exposed her to far more violent contact and the call was made to acknowledge that.

Reactions: ditchdigger59
How is California treating you?
I live in New England lol but do I go to Cali all the time. I’ve lived in Boston, NYC, CT and had a great time here (will be at the Rutgers game tomorrow!)…but everytime I’m in Cali I cant help but wonder if I chose the wrong coast.

Life is so good there. Nothing like the Bay Area — I get why people pay so much money to live there. I love LA / San Diego as well — great food, so much culture. Stunning architecture, beaches, mountains, everywhere you look. Not to mention the nightlife, music scene, etc. Or the weather obviously.

I’m rly looking forward to going to Iowa wbb games in LA. I used to fly back to Chicago if I couldn’t make an Rutgers / Maryland game, and it’ll be a great excuse to make the trip. Chicago is my favorite US city but I’ve been probably a hundred times now lol going back to my time at Iowa when I dated a guy who lived there.

Last edited:

You libs are going to be the ruination of the world

And the ref who made the call was mixed race against MSU.

It’d be so great if anyone ever read thru another thread to see if a topic has already been discussed to death. This happens daily with WBB content…I would not be surprised to see yet another thread about this tomorrow. Why is no one capable of reading, or at least using the search function?

Also lol at you fragile bros convinced every black woman is racist. Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist. You can take a number of classes at the institution we all cheer for in the anthropology, poli sci, international studies departments etc to learn why that is. The irony of you guys pretending to be victims while complaining about Staley wanting to play the victim too lmaooo.

Try Again Music Video GIF
lol. It’s amazing how many people can’t call balls and strikes anymore. Staley and Reese are cut from the same cloth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT