ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley: "She's going to go down in the history books as arguably the best player to grace our collegiate sports"

With regards titles, she’s had (very) good teammates in support but no great players. Maybe this year. Hard to do it on your own. Hard to do it even with great players. Jordan didn’t win until Pippen came along. Kareem didn’t win in LA until Magic showed up. Counting titles is a false standard of a player’s greatness.

With regards titles, she’s had (very) good teammates in support but no great players. Maybe this year. Hard to do it on your own. Hard to do it even with great players. Jordan didn’t win until Pippen came along. Kareem didn’t win in LA until Magic showed up. Counting titles is a false standard of a player’s greatness.

i am glad there was a lot of push back to Jay's comments

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Just to call out the hypocrisy.

You just have some takes that are so incredibly bad
that they stick in my memory. It’s sad how aggrieved you and some of these other posters are.

You responded to @BGHAWK that you are here to "just call out the hypocrisy."

Speaking of incredibly bad takes and you being a total hypocrite, you posted this in the Swoopes thread:

Stoops is obviously an idiot, but to those of you crying racism, just stop. Stop making everything about race. ❄️

Yet you constantly make things about race, as seen in these examples:

Spoken like a truly privileged white person. I’d love to see you walk in the shoes of a person of another race.

It's Texas, it's definitely race related.

Are officials somehow more moral than non officials? There is racism everywhere, especially in rural Iowa. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this 100% true.

Last edited:
You responded to @BGHAWK that you are here to "just call out the hypocrisy."

Speaking of incredibly bad takes and you being a total hypocrite, you posted this in the Swoopes thread:

Yet you constantly make things about race, as seen in these examples:
InsaneHawkJJP has a fitting name, he's insane as fock

Reactions: Franisdaman
Last year she was the first to say “yes, Caitlin has it, she is that” with regard to things like being transcendent, deserving of NPOY, etc. but also remarked that other players were right up there too, including Aliyah Boston.
Actually most of her comments are just fine. Mostly she just thinks that several players should be in the conversation, even if Clark wins all the awards. Really no problem with that. Wasn't to pleased with what she said about Bluders "bar fight" comment, BUT I can chalk that up to the frustration right after losing to Iowa. I think she was just as shocked as the rest of the country.....

Actually most of her comments are just fine. Mostly she just thinks that several players should be in the conversation, even if Clark wins all the awards. Really no problem with that. Wasn't to pleased with what she said about Bluders "bar fight" comment, BUT I can chalk that up to the frustration right after losing to Iowa. I think she was just as shocked as the rest of the country.....
100% to all of this. I have little patience for
thinly veiled dog whistles (see many of my previous comments on this board) but I don’t think there was anything remotely problematic to what Bluder said. I’d be willing to bet she has told O’Grady to be more of a bar fighter lol. It certainly got lost in translation and I can see the bottom line of Staleys POV, which is really “keep my team out of your mouth” — to everyone, not just Bluder. But the reaction was certainly over the top and reeked of saltiness.

It’s worth reiterating Staley was a HUGE fan of Caitlin her freshman year (as were MANY South Carolina fans — there was a sizable number of people who believed she should have won NFOY/NPOY over Paige. Some of that of course is anti-UConn pettiness, but it is what it is). Lots of re-tweeting her highlights and “don’t sleep on Caitlin Clark!” takes out of that corner of social media. But a year later she got bigger than they could have imagined and yeah, saltiness took over.

Last edited:
Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT