ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon and the Jumbo package?

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
RZ or 3rd and 1 or less should include "14" personnel with 4 TE's and Large as the FB. That's a lot of beef and we should really consider putting in Deacon vs Cade in those situations. I remember Oklahoma and FL both doing this, especially now when pushing the QB is perfectly legal. Stanley would be jealous! :)

YES!!!!

I don't care if the other team knows it is coming. This should have been 2 straight plays with 17 seconds left (or whatever) and a timeout. So dumb we didn't do it.
I was really hoping they would have put DHill in at QB on the 4th and 1+ yard to go in the first half. I wouldnt have Cade doing the qb sneak right now but as the OP said but in a jumbo package and let hill sneak it. And show a little change once in a while by letting Hill slide down the line looking for a gap, et

Do we suddenly have high confidence in the center? That appeared to limit sneaks and the like last year.

This line still stinks, I wouldn't assume they get some giant push when the defense is sure what is coming.

I scream to myself ‘HARD COUNT’ every short down situation and we never go that route. I’d love to see us try and pick up a cheap 5 and a first down

RZ or 3rd and 1 or less should include "14" personnel with 4 TE's and Large as the FB. That's a lot of beef and we should really consider putting in Deacon vs Cade in those situations. I remember Oklahoma and FL both doing this, especially now when pushing the QB is perfectly legal. Stanley would be jealous! :)
It makes WAY too much sense so you’ll never see it.

I scream to myself ‘HARD COUNT’ every short down situation and we never go that route. I’d love to see us try and pick up a cheap 5 and a first down
Agree, however, sometimes that throws off the Offense as well and we jump and then suddenly it's 3rd and 6! Also, it was always the worst kept secret on 3rd and 1, Iowa hurries to line, goes on "set" and then runs a QB sneak. Perfect time to hurry to line, go long/hard count and make the D jump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT