ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill has found a new home

I’m not bashing Deacon - what I don’t understand is why its seems that a program like Iowa - a top 20 program year after year after year - can not consistently get or develop a QB.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
I’m not bashing Deacon - what I don’t understand is why its seems that a program like Iowa - a top 20 program year after year after year - can not consistently get or develop a QB.
Some kids think they should start right away and want to be treated as THE guy.

Its another reminder just how terrible this got under Brian. We all hoped he would be the one to modernize things and tell the emperor he had no clothes, and it turned out that Brian decided to get naked too. Just pure incompetence.

Recruiting Hill was a desperation move to begin with, and no one looking at that offense that actually has a brain thinks we'd have done any worse putting a running back at QB instead of going with that mess. What an awful position to put a player, that by all accounts is just an earnest, good dude, and came to Iowa with a short runway while being underdeveloped, and to levy that kind of burden on him.

It goes without saying that I lost a lot of respect all the way around for KF after last season. You can't have a set of cascading failures like that at the most important position on the field and survive normally. It was sickening having them dick around this spring with Deacon as QB1 - and do this all the while it cost his son his job. Crazy. If this isn't fixed this fall, it should be game over.
It’s painfully obvious as more time has passed that once KOK left, the offense and QB position absolutely fell off a cliff.

We had a really good run of QB’s that I don’t think some of our fans appreciate:

Stanzi
Vandenburg
Rudock
Beathard
Stanley

All KOK and GD guys. I think Spencer would’ve looked a lot different if KOK would’ve been the only person in his ear.

At any rate, best of luck to Deacon. He tried his best, but was put into a broken situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT