ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill in Transfer Portal

I agree with this but I have to ask the question...how would have Marco looked if he had been playing earlier in the year once everyone could see Hill was terrible?

I’ll answer that with a question, how did he look this spring?

All those QBs you listed had the benefit of a well above average OLine. Deacon Hill with any of those lines still sux.

Huh….was that the question. If so I misread it badly. I had thought you said KF has had a lot of bad quarterbacks.

Did you reach out to KF? I mean seriously you’ve already drawn your own conclusion. What’s the verdict Sherlock and how does it once again show how incompetent your head coach is?

I mean, it’s not like you’re all that unpredictable.
WTF is your problem? I gave my opinion based on the info available, and chances are very good I'm right as usual, to your dismay.

And do you have an answer for my original question or are you just here to throw around insults?

I admit that it pleases me how much I get under your skin. I know there's not a lot of merit preying on weak-minded individuals, but nothing wrong with cheap entertainment. 😂 😂 😂 😂 🤡

All those QBs you listed had the benefit of a well above average OLine. Deacon Hill with any of those lines still sux.
I’d also add that I don’t think the OL is as bad as we all think. They clearly need tons of work and to improve, don’t get me wrong, but when the other team basically knows what’s coming based on formation and personnel, you’re asking an already hard position to do way more battling uphill than they should be. whole offensive system was a complete shit show that needed reworked.

WTF is your problem? I gave my opinion based on the info available, and chances are very good I'm right as usual, to your dismay.

And do you have an answer for my original question or are you just here to throw around insults?

I admit that it pleases me how much I get under your skin. I know there's not a lot of merit preying on weak-minded individuals, but nothing wrong with cheap entertainment. 😂 😂 😂 😂 🤡

Awesome then we’re both screwing with each other. I’m pumped. Let’s see if we can get this all the way to overtime….

By the way, what exactly have you been right about? Because I haven’t seen too much…. And I am far from the only one that thinks you’re a shithead

Doh!!!!!

Wow! Deacon Hill transfer news AND this post in the same day. This is like Christmas and BF getting fired day all wrapped into one.

I’m sorry to tell you this, especially with you being so good at getting under my skin and all, but as long as you’re here, I’m gonna be here…

Well, let me say that in a different fashion as long as you continue be the negative hostile bitch that you are I will continue to be here🤓

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
And I am far from the only one that thinks you’re a shithead
Likewise

I’m sorry to tell you this, especially with you being so good at getting under my skin and all, but as long as you’re here, I’m gonna be here…

Well, let me say that in a different fashion as long as you continue be the negative hostile bitch that you are I will continue to be here🤓
I'm glad I have such an effect on your life. You're just an afterthought to me.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Likewise

I'm glad I have such an effect on your life. You're just an afterthought to me.

Not true or we wouldn’t have had the “whats your problem dude”…LOL

You have to be careful what you say, Friend?

😂😂😂

I am, however, excited to see what your rationalization will be🤓

And I need to remind you, as I know you’ve seen me say it before, but if you and people like you think I’m a shithead that is a major major victory for me…

That’s a WIN!!!!! That is totally what I’m shooting for. I’m tired of negative people like you saying whatever shitty things you wanna say.

I’d also add that I don’t think the OL is as bad as we all think. They clearly need tons of work and to improve, don’t get me wrong, but when the other team basically knows what’s coming based on formation and personnel, you’re asking an already hard position to do way more battling uphill than they should be. whole offensive system was a complete shit show that needed reworked.
This! Early returns on the 1 spring practice the media and fans saw last weekend included media saying OL looked better than in years past at this stage. And that's saying something vs. Phil's defense. It's amazing what a true OC and QB coach can do with a few tweaks to the offensive attack, including motion and new wrinkles w/out drastic changes. Even small tweaks allow the QB or WR to get open and the OL doesn't have to hold blocks for 15 seconds or go 5 vs. 8 on a consistent basis. And this was all having 2-3 starters out due to injury Saturday.

Reactions: Easthawk1062
Not true or we wouldn’t have had the “whats your problem dude”…LOL

You have to be careful what you say, Friend?
I'm going to defend myself from any message board yahoo. I'll be on this board whether you're here or not. You basically admitted that your being here is based partially on me. I'm honored by your obsession.

And I need to remind you, as I know you’ve seen me say it before, but if you and people like you think I’m a shithead that is a major major victory for me…

That’s a WIN!!!!! That is totally what I’m shooting for. I’m tired of negative people like you saying whatever shitty things you wanna say.
You're a sh*thead regardless; has nothing to do with me or any of the so-called negative posters. You've made numerous posts with blanket insults of everyone on this board. I prefer people who give their opinion about the football program; that's what this board is for. The offense has deserved any and all criticism it has received, and contrary to what you think, that sentiment is a pretty good reflection of the entire fan base, not just the posters you don't like.

I'm going to defend myself from any message board yahoo. I'll be on this board whether you're here or not. You basically admitted that your being here is based partially on me. I'm honored by your obsession.

You're a sh*thead regardless; has nothing to do with me or any of the so-called negative posters. You've made numerous posts with blanket insults of everyone on this board. I prefer people who give their opinion about the football program; that's what this board is for. The offense has deserved any and all criticism it has received, and contrary to what you think, that sentiment is a pretty good reflection of the entire fan base, not just the posters you don't like.

Dude, if you gave your opinion on football without being a dickhead you and I’d be golden…

In the meantime, I am extremely obsessed by you and I intend to be here screwing with you for the rest of my life and every time you respond to me I know I got you…

This is fun😊

PS…. Not a lot of posters I don’t like there’s only about 30 to 40 of you that take the same miserable bitchy slant over and over and over again.

I don’t really blame you though. I blame your upbringing and your schooling. Clearly you’re not aware that societally it’s a negative reflection….

You honestly can’t help yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
thread_hijack_in_progress_sign.png

Dude, if you gave your opinion on football without being a dickhead you and I’d be golden…
You boast about being an a-hole on here, but complain about me being similar. I don't get it.
every time you respond to me I know I got you…

This is fun😊
Likewise
I don’t really blame you though. I blame your upbringing and your schooling. Clearly you’re not aware that societally it’s a negative reflection….

You honestly can’t help yourself. 🤷‍♂️
Now you're just being stupid. You're better at just being an a-hole; stick to that.
By the way, what exactly have you been right about? Because I haven’t seen too much….
Link to my being wrong?

I'm going to do the board a favor and stop responding to your drivel for tonight. This is too good of a day in Hawkeye football to have this going on. Enjoy insulting everyone else on the board whose opinion you don't like or doesn't project it in an "Iowa nice" way.

P.S. - You know, this board has complained about GB, BF and DH more than anyone else the past few years. Now they're gone, so chances are all the complainers were right/justified. Think about that.

This! Early returns on the 1 spring practice the media and fans saw last weekend included media saying OL looked better than in years past at this stage. And that's saying something vs. Phil's defense. It's amazing what a true OC and QB coach can do with a few tweaks to the offensive attack, including motion and new wrinkles w/out drastic changes. Even small tweaks allow the QB or WR to get open and the OL doesn't have to hold blocks for 15 seconds or go 5 vs. 8 on a consistent basis. And this was all having 2-3 starters out due to injury Saturday.
As an OL/DL guy this is something I’m really hopefully for and excited to see. If we can make life easier up front for our guys I think we will all be pretty happy with the direction this thing stars heading. Fingers crossed.

I believe deacon was at 290lbs when he left wisky and did lose 35lbs by the fall.
Bottom line: he stepped in when we needed a QB and helped us have a 10-2 season...so thanks to deacon and good luck. Will always be a Hawkeye!
LOL @ helped. They won in spite of that whale.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ML was the scout team QB all year. He wasn't given any snaps with the offense. He was serviceable in the bowl game considering and it appears Lester thinks ML is the worthy of a shot in comparison to Hill. Just admit, that KF messed up playing Hill all year.

Holy shit… here is my hope for fans like you. KF retires and you get to witness 2-10 for the next 6 years.

And for the record if KF had started ML in a couple games, even if if we lost, I would give him the benefit of the doubt being coach and figuring he decided that’s what he had to do to win or give himself the best chance…

That automatically makes me more reasonable than you…

Because YOU KNOW. In the name of all that’s right, you KNOW what should have happened.

Good for you, that makes you smarter and a better fan than me.

What do you think your record would be as the head coach?

Seemed like a good dude,

Holy shit… here is my hope for fans like you. KF retires and you get to witness 2-10 for the next 6 years.

And for the record if KF had started ML in a couple games, even if if we lost, I would give him the benefit of the doubt being coach and figuring he decided that’s what he had to do to win or give himself the best chance…

That automatically makes me more reasonable than you…

Because YOU KNOW. In the name of all that’s right, you KNOW what should have happened.

Good for you, that makes you smarter and a better fan than me.

What do you think your record would be as the head coach?
You have issues. Are you related to Kirk? You've become insufferable. Get a grip dude.

You have issues. Are you related to Kirk? You've become insufferable. Get a grip dude.

Never met him, have no intention of meeting him, don’t want his autograph, don’t wanna shake his hand. He’s a football coach, that’s it.

And you are a message board fan…that’s it.

As for me all I do is riff off of what you say and you clearly “know” what would’ve been better for the football team.

I’m not sure why you’re here and not out recruiting🤷‍♂️

Here is something I’ve just never been able to comprehend… Being a successful coach has become an extremely lucrative position.

And yet we have people on this board every day sometimes hours at a time giving away Coaching advice for free….

Let that sink in for a little bit, and if you find me insufferable good for me

Let me put a wrap on this thread (yeah right! :)

We are hopeful Cade is healthy as our #1. Marco is the right #2 right now. He showed improvement Saturday on limited exposure to a legit OC/QB coach. It would seem like we are still in the market for another QB which makes sense. We added what looks to be a pretty good O lineman out of the portal. Looking at another WR. We ran the ball fairly well against OUR defense. Nice to see. Was not perfect but better than I expected. I am liking our OC right now. All of this above is a positive over last year. How much? We will see.

I didn’t read all 6 pages but expect the new OC had a lot to do with it. Probably already posted.

I’ll answer that with a question, how did he look this spring?
No clue. I wasn’t there. Do you think he would have looked worse than Hill if he had 5-6 starts under his belt? If he’s literally worse than Hill, I don’t even know what KF is doing at that position anymore. Finding a great QB is something the staff isn’t competent at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT