ADVERTISEMENT

Deanna Clhurella

MikeT2425

HR MVP
Oct 13, 2002
Iowa City
Sorry if this is over done, but does someone have or can post a video of the GOAT DeAnna - Churella B1G Championship match? The Fieldhouse and I practically came apart! Thanks.

Sorry if this is over done, but does someone have or can post a video of the GOAT DeAnna - Churella B1G Championship match? The Fieldhouse and I practically came apart! Thanks.
I was also there and would have to agree this had to be one on the greatest matches I every attended. Back and forth take downs and reversals..AWESOME

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Nm, It was the NCAA final which isn't a great memory. Can't find the BT final but sounds like an exciting match.

Last edited:
Nm, It was the NCAA final which isn't a great memory. Can't find the BT final but sounds like an exciting match.

I suppose if you didn't see it, it may sound like an exciting match... It was the greatest match in college history. However, I do agree, Deanna getting steamrolled and pinned at the NCAAs two weekends later kind of ruins it. Just watching a video of it won't do it justice. Many other factors added to the experience and excitement other than just the high scoring match which was 14-14, 6-4 OT. The match in the Big Ten Finals was in the old, shaky and very loud Fieldhouse in Iowa City. Prior to the start of the Finals, Wisconsin was actually leading in the team standings. DeAnna was a 2x Big Ten Champ and had finished 3rd and 6th at the NCAAs. Churella was a 2X NCAA Champ. The home crowd, the build up, and the reputation of the opponent really added to the excitement. Perhaps to a non-Iowa fan, or if you weren't there, it is just one of the great matches. When I compare it to Ironside vs Kolat, Kolat had not yet won an NCAA title.... or McIllravy vs Abbas, where Mcillravy had already knocked off the 1 seed in the semis, and Abbas, the two seed, never won an NCAA title. I also believed leading up to it, McIllravy would win that match.

I suppose if you didn't see it, it may sound like an exciting match... It was the greatest match in college history. However, I do agree, Deanna getting steamrolled and pinned at the NCAAs two weekends later kind of ruins it. Just watching a video of it won't do it justice. Many other factors added to the experience and excitement other than just the high scoring match which was 14-14, 6-4 OT. The match in the Big Ten Finals was in the old, shaky and very loud Fieldhouse in Iowa City. Prior to the start of the Finals, Wisconsin was actually leading in the team standings. DeAnna was a 2x Big Ten Champ and had finished 3rd and 6th at the NCAAs. Churella was a 2X NCAA Champ. The home crowd, the build up, and the reputation of the opponent really added to the excitement. Perhaps to a non-Iowa fan, or if you weren't there, it is just one of the great matches. When I compare it to Ironside vs Kolat, Kolat had not yet won an NCAA title.... or McIllravy vs Abbas, where Mcillravy had already knocked off the 1 seed in the semis, and Abbas, the two seed, never won an NCAA title. I also believed leading up to it, McIllravy would win that match.
bman546 = the wrestling fan equivalent of Google. Dude remembers EVERYTHING. If there's such thing as a wrestling savant, he's it.

Reactions: pml_dad and bman546
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT