ADVERTISEMENT

Potential lineup

tony0051

HR MVP
Mar 29, 2006
Can someone lmk who we have in the lineup this yr. Don't follow enough to know transfers/commits/de-commits etc...

Thanks

125: Drake Ayala, SO

133: Brody Teske, SR/Cullan Schriever, JR

141: Real Woods, SR

149: Victor Voinovich, SO

157: Cobe Siebrecht, SR/Anthony Ferrari, FR

165: Patrick Kennedy, SO

174: Nelson Brands, SR

184: Abe Assad, SR

197: Zach Glazier, SR/Kolby Franklin, FR/A.J. Ferrari, SO

HWT: Tony Cassioppi, SR

125: Drake Ayala, SO

133: Brody Teske, SR/Cullan Schriever, JR

141: Real Woods, SR

149: Victor Voinovich, SO

157: Cobe Siebrecht, SR/Anthony Ferrari, FR

165: Patrick Kennedy, SO

174: Nelson Brands, SR

184: Abe Assad, SR

197: Zach Glazier, SR/Kolby Franklin, FR/A.J. Ferrari, SO

HWT: Tony Cassioppi, SR
I'd throw Caleb Rathjen in the mix at 149 as well.

Anthony vs Cobe, thoughts? Excited to see Drake back at 100% , you can see the potential this kid has with his length, scrappiness, and gas tank. Little more weight room he will be a serious threat.

Reactions: sdvike
I thought I read in here rumors of drake being injured and being out til Jan? Also didn’t we get a 125 transfer in that may challenge drake? No opinion just noting.

Reactions: el dub
Anthony vs Cobe, thoughts? Excited to see Drake back at 100% , you can see the potential this kid has with his length, scrappiness, and gas tank. Little more weight room he will be a serious threat.
Concur WRT Drake. He's a gamer and will be fun to watch for the next few years. Can't wait! WRT Cobe vs. Anthony, who knows? Cobe is truly a funk master but IMO he's still a R12 guy, barring some upsets. Would love to see him AA, but just don't know. Loved watching him last year; he's never out of it. That said, if we're going to make any noise next year we're going to need 2-3 finalists and 4-5 more high AAs. I just don't think Cobe is going to fit into that mix as much as I would love to see it.

I thought I read in here rumors of drake being injured and being out til Jan? Also didn’t we get a 125 transfer in that may challenge drake? No opinion just noting.
I don't see any 125 transfer challenging a healthy Drake who's had time to fully recover from his injury and get his strength and cardio back. Despite Lee pinning him, he's still an easy top 5 guy IMO.

Reactions: hlstone
We got a transfer so at least we have a credible guy to put out there if Drake can't go but him being a challenge to Drake I'm not seeing that.

I am not sold on Drake. I sure hope I am wrong. I expect Cruz to be the guy.

christmas vacation GIF

How good is Anthony Ferrari?

AJ won a natty wis freshman year at Oklahoma State. Angelo is #1 recruit in the nation.

How good is Anthony Ferrari?

AJ won a natty wis freshman year at Oklahoma State. Angelo is #1 recruit in the nation.
He's very good. If there was a "worst" of the bunch I'd say it's him, but he is still an absolute talent. Him and seibrecht will be close imo. Maybe him being brought in will light a fire under seibrecht to fight harder for "his spot" especially as a senior who's only gotten one shot at the field so far.

Two serious shoulder injuries in two years. He has to prove he can stay healthy before we can pencil him in as a serious contributor.

In my mind, that’s different than not being sold. But perhaps that’s what he meant.

But Drake made NCAAs and notched a win with one arm. Not sure Cruz is good enough to do with with 2. But he has limited experience so who knows I guess.

In my mind, that’s different than not being sold. But perhaps that’s what he meant.

But Drake made NCAAs and notched a win with one arm. Not sure Cruz is good enough to do with with 2. But he has limited experience so who knows I guess.
If Cruz becomes a legit 125 he does have the talent to compete. A healthy Drake is still a top five AA imo. Shoulder injuries can be tricky and often times take awhile to build back strength, not to mention their rate of re-injury seems to be rather high.

Cruz offers Iowa good depth at 125. Far better than we’ve had for awhile. Rooting for Drake to get and stay healthy but I’m more optimistic about his backup then I have been the past 6 years or so.

2024-2025

125: Drake Ayala, JR

133: Cullan Schriever, SR

141: Ryder Block, FR

149: Victor Voinovich, JR

157: Anthony Ferrari, SO

165: Patrick Kennedy, JR

174: Gabe Arnold, FR

184: Aiden Riggens, SO/Angelo Ferrari, FR - True

197: Kolby Franklin, SO/A.J. Ferrari, JR

HWT: Ben Keuter, FR

2025-2026

125: Joey Cruz, JR

133: Drake Ayala, SR

141: Ryder Block, SO

149: Victor Voinovich, SR

157: Anthony Ferrari, JR

165: Patrick Kennedy, SR

174: Gabe Arnold, SO

184: Angelo Ferrari, SO

197: Kolby Franklin, JR/A.J. Ferrari, SR

HWT: Ben Keuter, SO

Some more to chew on. Happy to hear any alternative thoughts......

2024-2025

2025-2026

24-25 I believe Drake will be a 133 but that's just my opinion. And maybe a Caliendo in there as well

2024-2025

2025-2026

In the era of open transfer markets and nil it’s almost a fools errand to speculate on a lineup more than one yr out. The lineups you posted seem to be accurate. I think it would be interesting to bookmark this projection and come back in a year or so.

Do we think Block will hold 141 for multiple years (Lean and mean like Kevin Jack)? Or will he grow in to 149 and compete with Estrada/Voinovich/Rathjen? I see he's wrestling 145 at Junior duals, not that necessarily means anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT