ADVERTISEMENT

[December 27] The Hill: GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger calls Trump's election fraud allegations a 'grifting scam'

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) called on President Trump and his allies to drop their push to overturn the results of 2020 election, referring to the effort as a "scam" during an interview Sunday with CNN's "State of the Union."

Speaking with host Dana Bash, the Illinois Republican took aim at allies of the president and so-called thought leaders on social media who have come up with different scenarios in which they believe Trump could overturn the election results and serve a second term.

"They're getting retweets. They're getting followers. They're raising money off this scam. It is a scam," Kinzinger said.

"It is going to disappoint the people who think this election was stolen," he continued.

"But instead of being upset with the people who led them on this grifting scam, they're gonna somehow try to convince these people that it was, I don't know, what's the new word? The RINOs in Congress," he said, noting the acronym for the pejorative phrase "Republican in name only."

"We have to follow the Constitution, and I'm sorry if the outcome is not what you wanted," said Kinzinger.

His remarks are some of the strongest Trump and his allies have seen among a member of the GOP House minority. Most congressional Republicans have either remained silent on the issue or voiced support for efforts to examine unproven claims of voter and election fraud leveled by the president's attorneys and others.

GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) called on President Trump and his allies to drop their push to overturn the results of 2020 election, referring to the effort as a "scam" during an interview Sunday with CNN's "State of the Union."

Speaking with host Dana Bash, the Illinois Republican took aim at allies of the president and so-called thought leaders on social media who have come up with different scenarios in which they believe Trump could overturn the election results and serve a second term.

"They're getting retweets. They're getting followers. They're raising money off this scam. It is a scam," Kinzinger said.

"It is going to disappoint the people who think this election was stolen," he continued.

"But instead of being upset with the people who led them on this grifting scam, they're gonna somehow try to convince these people that it was, I don't know, what's the new word? The RINOs in Congress," he said, noting the acronym for the pejorative phrase "Republican in name only."

"We have to follow the Constitution, and I'm sorry if the outcome is not what you wanted," said Kinzinger.

His remarks are some of the strongest Trump and his allies have seen among a member of the GOP House minority. Most congressional Republicans have either remained silent on the issue or voiced support for efforts to examine unproven claims of voter and election fraud leveled by the president's attorneys and others.

How far have we fallen when this guy seems like a damn hero and very brave when all he is doing is stating the obvious.

The truth for GOP politicians is shocking and scary when used.

Props for just doing the expected. Thanks Rep Kinzinger.
OK, boys and girls, who is next?
Fulfill your elected duty.

This guy insulted my President. All Donald Trump has done is fight for Americans while the Swamp stabbed him in the back.

Help me fight against Kinzinger by donating to my PayPal. Let’s stick it to this dweeb and fight our President.

Like and Subscribe.

Mandatory reading for the rest that are silent....

9784871877640_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

I met with him as part of some policy work my former company was weighing in on. He came across as as one part tool and one part idiot.

But I have to say I judged him wrong. He is far less of a tool than I thought. Hope we see more of this from his colleagues.

One part tool, and one part idiot. I'm going to use this line on some of my friends.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT