ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Impact collision ejected the stuff of life

Haven't you got the point yet? Your question is stupid because it starts out on a wrong premise.

And why is it the wrong premise?

Because hounded says so, that's why.

Isnt' that a most convenient way to dismiss questions one cares not to answer?

Wrong premise!! That's almost as good as telling someone they are in denial. Wrong - you're in denial!! That's the ultimate comeback.

Originally posted by NPRLover:

So is this yet another lie from Hounded?
[/QUOTE]

To be another lie, there would have to be a first lie from me on this board. There has not.

If this is a lie, then your's is a lie. And you started it. Are you now a stumbling block for me?

Actually, it is only a question. It can't be a lie. The obvious point being to your original question. I have never let me daughters go out on practice dates with their uncles.

Haven't you got the point yet? Your question is stupid because it starts out on a wrong premise.

Wrong premise!! That's almost as good as telling someone they are in denial. Wrong - you're in denial!! That's the ultimate comeback.

It just keeps getting better and better with hounded.

The latest:

BTW - I have answers, but sometimes the circumstances dictate not giving them to just anyone.

Is this the fundamentalist equivalent to "I know you are but what am I?"

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:

Originally posted by NC_Hawk:
all of a sudden I'm feeling the need for any "new to the HROT" lurkers and posters that I am not a former pedophile. That is just not-cool.

Too late now. You should have read the wise words in my sig line.

I was, however, using sacrasm to continue my back-and-forth with Hounded....to show you all what a fake he can sometimes be.

That's not called sarcasm. It's called "lying."

Am I really a fake? I don't think so.

His opinions are many....but his answers to tough questions are oh so few.

Yeah, that's me. I don't ever answer or engage in any tough discussions.

I'll keep searching for answers Hounded....since you don't have any.

Keep searching.

BTW - I have answers, but sometimes the circumstances dictate not giving them to just anyone.

are these "circumstances" you speak of....like being in the company of complete Christian NUT JOBS or not?

And no...you don't have many answers...you have your beliefs, and they are MOST CERTAINLY not an answer to a question...it is mostly looney talk. I can just see it...on judgment day...Hounded strolls up to the big white gates...and God says, "MAN, you totally missed my whole point....GOOD BYE!"

Originally posted by SalAunese:
This argument is getting rather lame. Doesnt seem like you are as accepting of others as you would like to believe.

from my experience...I don't think "Christians" like Hounded feel any need whatsoever to be accepting of others.

So is this yet another lie from Hounded?

To be another lie, there would have to be a first lie from me on this board. There has not.

If this is a lie, then your's is a lie. And you started it. Are you now a stumbling block for me? /images/smilies/mad.gif

Actually, it is only a question. It can't be a lie. The obvious point being to your original question. I have never let me daughters go out on practice dates with their uncles.

Oh, there has definitely been a lie from you and I exposed it.

Now you are lying about there being no previous lies. Is there no limit to your mendacity, hounded?

I would at least expect you to be honest and own up to it. You do like to give the appearance of forthrightness and honesty, but when push comes to shove it is all a sham. Maybe you can fool man, hounded, but you cannot fool God.

Just to refresh your memory, you claimed that I was obsessed and conducted multiple searches in attempting to discredit one of your previous "scientists".

Truth be told, discrediting your science sources is not difficult, and as I patiently explained to you already, I did not search anybody's cv. I merely investigated the religious-school-qua-academic-fraud institution known as "Northwestern College" in St. Paul and brought to light their "vision statement" that all they teach is filtered through a christian lens. That would include science, would it not? But I guess that assumes they are telling the truth, and as we have seen, that is sometimes a scarce commodity among the fundamentalist.
This post was edited on 9/7 12:37 PM by NPRLoverif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

It's sad. Though I know you don't believe it, I thought you would have had enough knowledge to figure out the incorrect premise. But I see it's over your head too.

This argument is getting rather lame. Doesnt seem like you are as accepting of others as you would like to believe.

from my experience...I don't think "Christians" like Hounded feel any need whatsoever to be accepting of others.

I'm glad to see that you placed Christians in quotes.

It just keeps getting better and better with hounded.

The latest:

Is this the fundamentalist equivalent to "I know you are but what am I?"

Wow. You're now even responding to your own posts. Perhaps you need a break from the board.

It's sad. Though I know you don't believe it, I thought you would have had enough knowledge to figure out the incorrect premise. But I see it's over your head too.

And I continue to observe that you cannot support your "wrong premise" rebuttal.

And just how accepting do you think I believe I am?

Oh, there has definitely been a lie from you and I exposed it

LOL - right. The only thing exposed is your consistent inventive memory of what I have said.

Now you are lying about there being no previous lies. Is there no limit to your mendacity, hounded?

Yes. A great limit. But apparently there is none to yours.

I would at least expect you to be honest and own up to it. You do like to give the appearance of forthrightness and honesty, but when push comes to shove it is all a sham. Maybe you can fool man, hounded, but you cannot fool God.

Oh goodie. A sermon from NPR. That deserves two emoticons.

Just to refresh your memory, you claimed that I was obsessed and conducted multiple searches in attempting to discredit one of your previous "scientists".

I see you still have recovered from me nailing you on that one. Don't worry about it. I don't hold it against you.

[/QUOTE]

And I continue to observe that you cannot support your "wrong premise" rebuttal.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I can fully support it. But it's more fun for me to see you not able to figure it out.
This post was edited on 9/7 12:54 PM by HoundedHawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Hounded? May I ask you something? What exactly is your opinion when it comes to the creation of the universe and the advent of life on earth? Did God wave a magic wand and presto life was created? How did Adam and Eve come about? Or did God/Yaweh/Allah have a hand in the creation of the celestial happenings that created our universe as we know it?

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
Hounded? May I ask you something? What exactly is your opinion when it comes to the creation of the universe and the advent of life on earth? Did God wave a magic wand and presto life was created? How did Adam and Eve come about? Or did God/Yaweh/Allah have a hand in the creation of the celestial happenings that created our universe as we know it?

A respectful question deserves a respectful answer.

I believe there is one almighty God who created the the entire universe and all life in it. I do not believe He used evolution.

I believe there is one almighty God who created the the entire universe and all life in it. I do not believe He used evolution.

One almighty God?

There is a God of the Old Testament, and a God of the New Testament. They are wildly different.

Not to mention the monotheistic fraud known as the "trinity": Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost (does that guy do anything other than help people speak in tongues?).

But if it makes you feel any better, yes, it is one God.

Hounded doesn't realize it yet, but he's an ultra-Orthodox Jew.

Mt 12:36 - And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak,
they shall render account for it in the day of judgment. - (NASB)

ahhhhh good old guilt....where would we be without the ultimate ultimatum?? Hounded, you must admit the Catholics have the market cornered on guilt...I mean they practically invented it!!...and this is coming from a Catholic kid!...but there is plenty of guilt to go around for all the little creatures of God.

In a way its like using "Santa is watching" on my kids, but I have found this is only affective in November and December for them. I guess I could tell them, "God is watching and if you are not careful little girl....you will burn in the fire of hell for the rest of eternity." Damn, I'll try that tonight and report back.

Back on track, I like political debate, but science and theory is also fun too. I hope the Righties don't kill science in this country, because I am anxious to see what questions we can answer and raise in the next 20 years.

Hounded doesn't realize it yet, but he's an ultra-Orthodox Jew.

Nope.

One almighty God?

There is a God of the Old Testament, and a God of the New Testament. They are wildly different.

LOL - You're full of funnies today.

Not to mention the monotheistic fraud known as the "trinity": Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost (does that guy do anything other than help people speak in tongues?).

But if it makes you feel any better, yes, it is one God.

I don't use the term "trinity" but if it makes you smile keep using it.

So why dont you believe in evolution? What is your opinion on such scientific research relating to the evolution of mankind? From primate to modern day human? What is your opinion on the cro-magnon/neanderthal/homo ecrectus finds? Do you believe them to be non-human? Or do you believe modern day homo sapiens are derived from an "adam and eve" type beginning?

So why dont you believe in evolution? What is your opinion on such scientific research relating to the evolution of mankind? From primate to modern day human? What is your opinion on the cro-magnon/neanderthal/homo ecrectus finds? Do you believe them to be non-human? Or do you believe modern day homo sapiens are derived from an "adam and eve" type beginning?

I don't believe in evolution because I believe it is statistically impossible for matter to arrange itself in this manner.

I believe most of the scientific research is based upon the false assumption that evolution occurred. Therefore I interpret the data differently.

I believe Neanderthal and Cro-magnon are merely other races of human beings.

I do believe God started out with Adam and Eve and they had within themselves the genetic diversity to produce all subsequent humans.

I guess I could tell them, "God is watching and if you are not careful little girl....you will burn in the fire of hell for the rest of eternity." Damn, I'll try that tonight and report back.

Try it on yourself first.

I believe most of the scientific research is based upon the false assumption that evolution occurred.

Another example when hounded's "wrong premise" saves the day for him.

See how convenient that is?

Gosh, why would anybody think that evolution has occurred? Evidence, facts, fossil record? Why use those items when the good book says otherwise.

Can I get an Amen, brother!!

I don't believe in evolution because I believe it is statistically impossible for matter to arrange itself in this manner.

I believe most of the scientific research is based upon the false assumption that evolution occurred. Therefore I interpret the data differently.

I believe Neanderthal and Cro-magnon are merely other races of human beings.

I do believe God started out with Adam and Eve and they had within themselves the genetic diversity to produce all subsequent humans.

Interesting.. Well that sort of makes Judaism an awfully old religion. So do you believe in the story of Adam and Eve as told in the bible? I've never thought of neanderthals and Cro-Magnons to be other races, but other branches in the human development tree. According to scientific research, we hardly share any evolutionary traits with the Neanderthal since they're from another branch of the evolutionary tree that didnt spawn into homo sapien. Anyways, back to the Adam and Eve issue...So you believe that Adam and Eve are the spawns of not only homo sapien but the other human variations as well? Just a little confused, but I appreciate the forthright answers you've given me.. Im just interested in hearing your take on the issue.

I believe most of the scientific research is based upon the false assumption that evolution occurred.

Another example when hounded's "wrong premise" saves the day for him.

See how convenient that is?

Gosh, why would anybody think that evolution has occurred? Evidence, facts, fossil record? Why use those items when the good book says otherwise.

Can I get an Amen, brother!!

Im guessing it is because it seems like that he believes Adam and Eve spawned the human race, thus nullifying the theories on human evolution.

. . .if life has been around for millions of years, and came to earth via a huge comet why in the heck would God send us his son just a mere two thousand years ago to help us understand his Dad's role in the Universe....and how he made man in his image and all....???

Was he just tinkering around with the dinosaurs, sea-life, and stuff before he was ready to go ahead and "make" man??

If this is true....it sure does make the Bible look like a really good selling book comprised of total fiction.

Let me get back to the original reason I wouldn't answer. One may believe the Bible is total fiction, but at least believe it is total fiction on account what it actually says. It doesn't say God was tinkering around with dinosaurs, sea-life etc. for countless years before he made man. It says He made all creatures within the same week.

"I don't believe in evolution because I believe it is statistically impossible for matter to arrange itself in this manner."

You have that well memorized. The old creationist fall back(that has no basis in science). Got a link for this that's not a creationist website.

. . .if life has been around for millions of years, and came to earth via a huge comet why in the heck would God send us his son just a mere two thousand years ago to help us understand his Dad's role in the Universe....and how he made man in his image and all....???

Was he just tinkering around with the dinosaurs, sea-life, and stuff before he was ready to go ahead and "make" man??

If this is true....it sure does make the Bible look like a really good selling book comprised of total fiction.

Let me get back to the original reason I wouldn't answer. One may believe the Bible is total fiction, but at least believe it is total fiction on account what it actually says. It doesn't say God was tinkering around with dinosaurs, sea-life etc. for countless years before he made man. It says He made all creatures within the same week.

In those times, days lasted millions of years. The bible also forgets to mention that humanity spawned from inbreeding.

Actually the odds are not that great when you take into context the number of places in the universe where life could possibly arise. Check out this link on the Drake equation(
c57fe678db3cb8c47ca58c85bd5d41c2.png
). This is just for intelligent life in our Galaxy which we might come into contact with. If you scroll down you will see the very conservative number of N=0.0000002211. Which looks very small, but when you multiply it by the estimated number of galaxies(~400,000,000,000,000) then you get 88,440,000. That's a whole lot of civilizations out there. The odds are only exteremly small when you pick a specific planet/moon. And this is for Intellegent life. Imagine what the "odds" are for bacteria.

What's going to happen when we do find bacteria outside the Earth in the next few years? You will have to revise your whole ideology.
This post was edited on 9/7 1:20 PM by fsu1jreedif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Drake equation

I guess I could tell them, "God is watching and if you are not careful little girl....you will burn in the fire of hell for the rest of eternity." Damn, I'll try that tonight and report back.

Try it on yourself first.

why? I have already figured out the religious guilt game and I don't want to play....but don't worry about my soul friend, I'll make my life here on earth meaningful, I will love and care for my family, I will reach out to those in need around me, and I will treat others how I would want to be treated....but I only do that because it feels better to live my life this way...not because I am commanded to do so. That makes sense to me...you, however, do not!

According to scientific research, we hardly share any evolutionary traits with the Neanderthal since they're from another branch of the evolutionary tree that didnt spawn into homo sapien.

I think you should check your facts on this one. These guys are listed as humans.

Anyways, back to the Adam and Eve issue...So you believe that Adam and Eve are the spawns of not only homo sapien but the other human variations as well? Just a little confused, but I appreciate the forthright answers you've given me.. Im just interested in hearing your take on the issue.

Yes, Adam and Eve were the first humans. All humans have come from them.

And since all the dinosaurs were also around then, this is what Adam & Eve looked like:

fred-wilma-pebbles-200pix.gif

According
to scientific research, we hardly share any evolutionary traits with
the Neanderthal since they're from another branch of the evolutionary
tree that didnt spawn into homo sapien.

I think you should check your facts on this one. These guys are listed as humans.

Wrong, we were different species.

Humans=Homo sapiens
Neanderthal=Homo neanderthalensis

According to scientific research, we hardly share any evolutionary traits with the Neanderthal since they're from another branch of the evolutionary tree that didnt spawn into homo sapien.

Anyways, back to the Adam and Eve issue...So you believe that Adam and Eve are the spawns of not only homo sapien but the other human variations as well? Just a little confused, but I appreciate the forthright answers you've given me.. Im just interested in hearing your take on the issue.

I didnt say they were not human, but merely from unrelated chains in the human development tree, since we're not using the word "evolution" with you. Yes, I agree they share human traits, but not as homo sapien. Thats what I meant to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT