ADVERTISEMENT

Deere announces more Iowa layoffs as sales slow amid gloomy farm income forecast.

What's $4 a bushel corn got to do with Deere workers going on strike and making the company less than competitive with other companies making the same product.
Farmers (who use their products) aren’t selling their crops at these low prices!? Until prices improve, implement dealers, truckers and folks in the transportation industry are going to see a slow down in work demand. Coincidently, I am sojourning the Mississippi River at the moment and barge transporters and railroads have noticed a slowdown recently. Pull your head out of your ass son. Try and understand how business works.

I do hope the people that have been laid off had a backup plan. You have to hope they didn’t over extend themselves in purchasing high price items that actually decrease in value.

Farmers (who use their products) aren’t selling their crops at these low prices!? Until prices improve, implement dealers, truckers and folks in the transportation industry are going to see a slow down in work demand. Coincidently, I am sojourning the Mississippi River at the moment and barge transporters and railroads have noticed a slowdown recently. Pull your head out of your ass son. Try and understand how business works.
Nope, what happened is the union priced themselves out of being competitive with foreign made agriculture machines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT