ADVERTISEMENT

Definition of insanity

I agree with everything that's been said here, and have agreed with it for the past ten years.

1. Fix our own house before we cry about the neighbors. Tom has scored 100 points only 4 times in 16 seasons. He did it three seasons ago, so we know it's still possible. Solve that riddle first. (Not really a riddle: more champs.)

2. I don't have a better solution than sticking with Tom, who should be motivated to solve it. It's his legacy. He doesn't want to be sitting at Oaknoll in 20 years moping about how he never won a title after 2021.

3. Penn State isn't untouchable. Among all-time NCAA point totals, Penn State has never cracked the top 6. Let's suck it up and f-ing go after them. (I'm back on the Ferrari train, btw. Kamikaze, baby. Win or die.)

We are not even #2 when it comes to recruiting. fosu is better. Cornell does well. Even Dresser is better at identifying and pursuing talent. Nebraska does well. NC State does well.
Excellent point. Without the portal, Iowa has a lot less points at the big dance. The portal is a testament to how much of an attraction their program is, but the need for the portal is a testament to the weakness of their actual recruiting successes.
With that being said, I cannot even come up with one person who I think would be better to lead the Hawks than Tom Brands. That does not mean I couldn't come up with some better names for an assistant coach though.

I cannot even come up with one person who I think would be better to lead the Hawks than Tom Brands. That does not mean I couldn't come up with some better names for an assistant coach though.
Are you implyng ...
  • There might not be that much diversity in approach and thought among twin brothers.
  • Tom Brands and Iowa wrestling might benefit from having an assistant head coach who might challenge him more often with diverse thoughts and approaches.
  • If the head and assistant coach are usually aligned, mightn't this also tend to make it more difficult for younger coaches to effectively bring forth their differing opinions.
Brotherly love is a beautiful thing. Just maybe it's not the best thing for what Iowa wrestling needs going forward.

Spencer has spoke that he loves Terry in his corner. Sooner, rather than later, might be the better time for Terry to move to the HWC full-time.

This is an example, you can't get everything on yourself, but you can reach some stuff, lacrosse balls and bands can assist you too. Hands on from a provider works better though but this will help you at home.
Okay, I’ll play. These are basically the tools used in the Graston technique of using soft, rounded stainless steel instruments to do cross friction massage to release scar tissue.

For my next post, I’ll be discussing (in great detail) my intensity/recovery days during my training for the lowest level of amateur road bike racing about 17 years ago.

Okay, I’ll play. These are basically the tools used in the Graston technique of using soft, rounded stainless steel instruments to do cross friction massage to release scar tissue.

For my next post, I’ll be discussing (in great detail) my intensity/recovery days during my training for the lowest level of amateur road bike racing about 17 years ago.
Yep, and you know how many people don't know about this stuff? It has come a long way from the early 90s when Mike Leahy started teaching ART.
It's still widely ignored. And athletics is one of the areas where it caught on. But as late as 2010 PSU was still using HIT as their strength program , so it's not out of the realm of possibility that programs are ahead of other programs in recovery and training methods.
I can say it works because it works for me. I have the same anatomical structures as any other human, whether they lift, bike ride ( my chiropractor used to go to the Ironman in Hawaii to work in people with ART) , or work production .
Obviously PSU is staying healthy and peaking for nationals, what they are doing is working . And these things would work on factory workers, hobbyist golfers, and gym rats.

Yes, I just use a dry rub on brisket but would rather brine a turkey or thick pork chops, brining is a must on salmon..
Salt water, maple syrup, honey, and all spice work great...
Ooopppss well whatever you say, it's as on track as any other convo in here.

Reactions: 12tdsaw and el dub
Yes, I just use a dry rub on brisket but would rather brine a turkey or thick pork chops, brining is a must on salmon..
Salt water, maple syrup, honey, and all spice work great...
Ooopppss well whatever you say, it's as on track as any other convo in here.

Brining salmon?! I guess salmon soup is a thing.

Would they work equally on small joints?

I'm thinking the right thumb of a certain cell-using keyboard warrior.
Are you talking about Batdad here??

Actually yeah, that Mike Leahy guy is a like a mad scientist. His palpation skills are crazy, he was actually a test pilot prior to going to chiropractic college. If you know anything about that bunch they are very smart guys. When I met him it was 25 years ago and one of his instructors worked on my shoulder. My chiropractor asked me to tag along that weekend because he wanted me to be a testing dummy lol.
I sat and watched these fellows work and they were working on hand muscles, forearms, rotator cuffs etc. I like to save a buck so I let them go to town on me. All it cost was a few or more beers. Chiropractors seem to love beer.
And I know I'm going on about this stuff, but if someone seeks out this kind of care and gets help, that's a good thing. It's helped me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT