ADVERTISEMENT

Definitive HORT Political Board Make-Up Poll. VOTE HERE!

Well?

• Total voters
This thread is completely about political affiliation. Nothing else. It’s not my fault you can’t color in the lines doobs.
I'm just responding to your post about political leanings making someone your people. My people are made up of many different backgrounds. Politics would be very very low on the list of exclusion. Virtually non-existent. If it's not for you then that is a you problem.

I'm just responding to your post about political leanings making someone your people. My people are made up of many different backgrounds. Politics would be very very low on the list of exclusion. Virtually non-existent. If it's not for you then that is a you problem.

I can’t make it any clearer what this post solely is about. You extending it to something broader than that and being butt hurt about it is something I can’t control. You do you. I’m in the mood today that I want you all to feel good about yourselves.

Reactions: BelemNole
I can’t make it any clearer what this post solely is about. You extending it to something broader than that and being butt hurt about it is something I can’t control. You do you. I’m in the mood today that I want you all to feel good about yourselves.
Bike ride?

Lol at you actually believing this. The current Republican party is MAGA lunatics and conspiracy nuts like yourself. The Democrats (the ones who actually make policy....not randoms on Twitter) are the same boring corporate left of center party they've been.
What I said is 1000% true. Our society and our reps have become much more liberal over the last 30 years. That shouldn't even be disputable at this point unless you are just lying to yourself.

• Haha
What I said is 1000% true. Our society and our reps have become much more liberal over the last 30 years. That shouldn't even be disputable at this point unless you are just lying to yourself.
🤦

Go ask anyone in the rest of the world which way American politics leans. They will most definitely not tell you it is liberal in any way. Where do you people even come up with this it is baffling how you could be so confidently wrong.

🤦

Go ask anyone in the rest of the world which way American politics leans. They will most definitely not tell you it is liberal in any way. Where do you people even come up with this it is baffling how you could be so confidently wrong.
So the USA is a more conservative society over the last 30 years? I would like to hear this.

So the USA is a more conservative society over the last 30 years? I would like to hear this.
What makes it so much more liberal in your eyes? Aside from society as a whole getting their shit together and taking steps to let people live how they want to (being gay trans etc) what is so radically liberal about our society? Those things shouldn't be considered liberal btw it is just basic human decency. And within that change conservatives have lost their ever living minds because they feel personally aggrieved that other people aren't living life like they think they should.

Then as far as politics goes it isn't even debatable that the Overton window has shifted massively to the right. As I said ask the rest of the world what they think of our politics. They would laugh you out of the room if you said it was liberal.

A couple have had the balls to self identify, but here’s the current list. Maybe send a Facebook meme or something out to get them in here.

“IAFB2021, BDE, stolen_valor, northern, scrud, trad, bins, arbor, abby, phenomenally, seminole97, luscious, farmboy, biggrey, dogboy, speedway, KFdisciple, chonk, fernetz_fan, Hawk_82, Hans81, roncuba, goldie, honda, swarm, shawn, dough, letsgohawks411, Keller99, jamesv, rifler, IMCC, kwik, faulty, fakenewsking, doob, titan, ihhawk, carvag, clarinda, hiwillie, stoopsbro, docrambo, finance, ICWest, Pine, SA, TJ, hitman, SIXERS, gus, hawkman34, coors, bow.to.the.narrative, ICHerky, franisdaman, dropitlike, deangelo....etc. etc. haven't even voted yet.”

Man, what a list. Imagine standing in a room with this and saying:

2dfb61d4-7085-4e50-b3c2-7e5e06ecc708_text.gif

You do you brother, but….

giphy.gif
WTF??

Keeping a list of message board posters and their political leanings cannot be healthy, normal behavior.

WTF??

Keeping a list of message board posters and their political leanings cannot be healthy, normal behavior.

It took me about an hour yesterday while I was on (7 phucking hours of) boring conference calls to nail them all down. Just go to a few posts about minneapolis, trans, and boys in sports and look at the posts and the likes. With such a small scope I've probably missed quite a few.

It's amazing how simple of a task it was. But feel free to spaz about it. Like I said, I want you all to feel good about yourselves today. I'm in a good mood.

What makes it so much more liberal in your eyes? Aside from society as a whole getting their shit together and taking steps to let people live how they want to (being gay trans etc) what is so radically liberal about our society? Those things shouldn't be considered liberal btw it is just basic human decency. And within that change conservatives have lost their ever living minds because they feel personally aggrieved that other people aren't living life like they think they should.

Then as far as politics goes it isn't even debatable that the Overton window has shifted massively to the right. As I said ask the rest of the world what they think of our politics. They would laugh you out of the room if you said it was liberal.
Wow

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-democrats-have-shifted-left-over-the-last-30-years/

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publ...n-50-years-ago-but-change-not-reflected-.html

Is Polarization Asymmetrical?​

The ideological consolidation nationwide has happened on both the left and the right of the political spectrum, but the long-term shift among Democrats stands out as particularly noteworthy. The share of Democrats who are liberal on all or most value dimensions has nearly doubled from just 30% in 1994 to 56% today. The share who are consistently liberal has quadrupled from just 5% to 23% over the past 20 years.

The share of Democrats who are liberal on all or most value dimensions has nearly doubled from just 30% in 1994 to 56% today
In absolute terms, the ideological shift among Republicans has been more modest, in 1994, 45% of Republicans were right-of-center, with 13% consistently conservative. Those figures are up to 53% and 20% today.

But there are two key considerations to keep in mind before concluding that the liberals are driving ideological polarization. First, 1994 was a relative high point in conservative political thinking among Republicans. In fact, between 1994 and 2004 the average Republican moved substantially toward the center ideologically, as concern about the deficit, government waste and abuses of social safety net that characterized the “Contract with America” era faded in the first term of the Bush administration.

It took me about an hour yesterday while I was on (7 phucking hours of) boring conference calls to nail them all down. Just go to a few posts about minneapolis, trans, and boys in sports and look at the posts and the likes. With such a small scope I've probably missed quite a few.

It's amazing how simple of a task it was. But feel free to spaz about it. Like I said, I want you all to feel good about yourselves today. I'm in a good mood.
Super normal behavior.

This board has always been a lefty hub and if you challenge their group think, the bat signal goes out.

Super normal behavior.

This board has always been a lefty hub and if you challenge their group think, the bat signal goes out.

I'm sorry that all the mensa member listed don't give you the safe space you desire. Like I said, I want you all to feel good and safe today. Start a chicago thread for your own special bat signal and you'll get all the righty hugs you could want.

As pointed out and against your victimization stance - there are plenty of you boys on HORT to hug!

Well, I guess we all need a hobby.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: HawCory and Hawki97
It's a nice distraction while the other group of people are droning on about the need to update corporate policies.

I won't give HORT many compliments, but you all are more interesting than that.
I’ve had one job in my career where I had to deal with, what I would refer to, as “overthinking abstract concepts”. All that language is French to me. Theorizing about how to maximize processes and mixing words up to say the same thing. People who aren’t doers, coming up with busy work and meetings to slow the doers down.

I’ve had one job in my career where I had to deal with, what I would refer to, as “overthinking abstract concepts”. All that language is French to me. Theorizing about how to maximize processes and mixing words up to say the same thing. People who aren’t doers, coming up with busy work and meetings to slow the doers down.

I don't disagree with this at all. I quit "doing" a long time ago. I actually quit all together / retired but got sucked into being a paid consultant to my former clients to listen to these busy bodies and interject my occasional brilliance.

While analyzing HORT. Obviously.

Speaking of, they droned on longer than planned. I was supposed to be on my bike 45 minutes ago. Times up, I'm out.

I'll check back later and see if the HROT righties sacked up and voted.

I don't disagree with this at all. I quit "doing" a long time ago. I actually quit all together / retired but got sucked into being a paid consultant to my former clients to listen to these busy bodies and interject my occasional brilliance.

While analyzing HORT. Obviously.

Speaking of, they droned on longer than planned. I was supposed to be on my bike 45 minutes ago. Times up, I'm out.

I'll check back later and see if the HROT righties sacked up and voted.
Occasional? Give yourself some credit, it’s borderline regular. Not quite full regular. Borderline plus. :)

Not sure why but a lot of your boys are scurrrrrred to vote.

life-movie.gif
It's damn near a 40 point difference with a handful of "I'd love to vote Republicans but I just can't do it, even though the world goes more and more liberal every year" under Republicans, lol torbee.

Hey, asshats, vote so we can eliminate the excuse.

It's damn near a 40 point difference with a handful of "I'd love to vote Republicans but I just can't do it, even though the world goes more and more liberal every year" under Republicans, lol torbee.

Hey, asshats, vote so we can eliminate the excuse.

Even with your boys cowering it's pretty close to what I expected. This board is around 60/40 left/right IMHO. Not nearly as slanted as you butt hurt victim righties think it is. Unless people vote though, we'll never know.

As far as torbs, we got james - you get him. Even prisoner swap.

Even with your boys cowering it's pretty close to what I expected. This board is around 60/40 left/right IMHO. Not nearly as slanted as you butt hurt victim righties think it is. Unless people vote though, we'll never know.

As far as torbs, we got james - you get him. Even prisoner swap.
It's currently running 2 to 1 and none of the Chis alts have showed up.

Yes, this place is an echo chamber for dems and the funny part is you have to bring the whole country in to find 60 of them.

We shall check back.

Vote ya lazy whores.

It's currently running 2 to 1 and none of the Chis alts have showed up.

Yes, this place is an echo chamber for dems and the funny part is you have to bring the whole country in to find 60 of them.

We shall check back.

Vote ya lazy whores.

What is this whole country thing you keep going on about? You realize my "does hort (less the floridians) reflect Iowayans" well and this thread which encompasses the whole are going at two different things...right?

Simply pointing at the data sir.

And we need more of it! Shit, quick scan of the front page and i missed 1inamillion, tornadohawk93, hawkman, Bubs, markfromj, tonythetiger, etc. Plenty more out there I'm sure even with the lying fence sitters that don't want to be in MAGA's shadow.

I'm getting on my bike again in 30 mins and don't have time, get out there and...

images

Edit to add: It's also possible I've beat all your buddies into submission with rickygervaislaugh.gif and they ignore me. If so...

wry-smile-dog.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT