ADVERTISEMENT

Democrat Jerry Nadler Admits on Camera Open Borders are to turn migrants into Voters

Yes. But we have a constitution that speaks to that for federal elections.

States can focus on letting all the people have a say in what we laughingly call self-government. It's good for democracy, for the communities, and for America when states and localities actually let all the people participate.

Republicans tend to disagree. Not all Democrats agree, either.

What's a good argument for denying residents the vote? I can't think of one. Can you?
If they are illegal they have broken federal law and should not vote. If they are legal residents then they should be able to vote. Pretty simple I think.

In what sense does a nation remain sovereign if anyone can jump the border and vote in our elections?
Good grief. We still have age and residency requirements. And we still have rules about legal entry into the country.

The idea that people can just stream across the border and vote for the city council of the town they land in the next day is GOP hysteria on display.

Should anyone be restricted in voting at all?

Why shouldn’t we just let the rest of world pick our members of government.

Can you think of a reason we wouldn’t want that to happen?

Why doesn’t Texas pick the governor of California? What’s wrong with that idea? Can you think of any reasons? How thick are you?
Nobody is suggesting nonsense like that.

When the only way to defend your anti-democratic position is to invent stupid scenarios that nobody advocates, you probably need to reexamine your position.

The idea that people can just stream across the border and vote for the city council of the town they land in the next day is GOP hysteria on display.

I see, so you wouldn't allow them to vote on day one of their newly acquired residency,... When could they vote, day two?

President TrumpPresident Biden
Time Period of ArrestsFY 2019–2020 (24 months)1/20/21–3/31/2023 (26.3 Months)
Total encounters1,365,5295,022,027
Expulsions/repatriations647,4372,557,603
No confirmed departure718,0922,464,424
Weird that you chose pandemic years to compare here...

Or not.

It only takes 18 years and 9 months to make a voter...
Actually, immigrants can be naturalized within that time-frame, if they follow our laws and pay the $600+ fee to apply for citizenship.

Every been to a naturalization ceremony, Cletus? I have.

Reactions: BelemNole
States already have residency requirements for voting. follow them, or modify them if people think that's needed.

Why do you think this would be a big deal?

Because it's a step in the wrong direction,.. which makes it easier to continue down a bad path.

Actually, immigrants can be naturalized within that time-frame, if they follow our laws and pay the $600+ fee to apply for citizenship.

Every been to a naturalization ceremony, Cletus? I have.

No Joe, I nevery have been,.. but not surprised that you have, since you've done everything.

Should anyone be restricted in voting at all?

Why shouldn’t we just let the rest of world pick our members of government.

Can you think of a reason we wouldn’t want that to happen?

Why doesn’t Texas pick the governor of California? What’s wrong with that idea? Can you think of any reasons? How thick are you?

WWJD is heavily indoctrinated, blind to reason, and intentionally obtuse.

He’s lost.

WWJD is heavily indoctrinated, blind to reason, and intentionally obtuse.

He’s lost.
Some of us favor democracy. Some don't.

What some here seem to have forgotten is the point of democracy. Which is that people should be able to choose their own government and participate in their own governance.

A key phrase in that formulation is "their own." If I live in Memphis, my own government is that of Memphis. If you live in Dallas, your own government is not Memphis.

That's why I get to vote in Memphis elections, and you don't.

Why is this hard for some people to understand?

Dems looking to do the same thing they did with ronald raegen. Never forget how they lied through their teeth, did not live up to what they promised, and permanently shifted California to a permanent blue state from a red state prior to opening up citizenship to illegals. Same exact plan by the same morally bankrupt party.

Dems looking to do the same thing they did with ronald raegen. Never forget how they lied through their teeth, did not live up to what they promised, and permanently shifted California to a permanent blue state from a red state prior to opening up citizenship to illegals. Same exact plan by the same morally bankrupt party.

California cannot "open up citizenship to illegals", because California has no say in federal immigration/naturalization laws, idiot.

Link

VERIFY confirmed that the language of 13 of these municipalities’ laws includes undocumented immigrants among the noncitizens allowed to vote. The other four allow some noncitizens to vote, but not undocumented immigrants.
These municipalities include San Francisco and Oakland in California, Washington, D.C., and 10 communities in Maryland. All 10 of the Maryland communities are within the two counties that directly border Washington, D.C.
Some of these municipalities, such as San Francisco and Oakland, only allow their undocumented residents and other noncitizens to vote in local school board elections, and only if they are parents of children attending the local school district. Others, such as Washington, D.C., allow noncitizens to vote for offices such as mayor and council member, as well as on referendums.
Seems reasonable to me.

They get a say in the laws they have to follow.

Why do you people waste your time arguing a point with a paid propagandist? At least if I troll I just do it for my own kicks...not because some jackass is paying me.

Notice he does not deny it.

Ummmm...that person would be, you know, a citizen. Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

I'm okay with the current arrangement,.. I just like to point out the 18.75 year time frame to build a voter, when people claim that illegal immigration has zero impact on voting in this country.

I'm okay with the current arrangement,.. I just like to point out the 18.75 year time frame to build a voter

Again: it's far shorter than this for legally naturalized immigrants.

If only "original" residents of America and their descendants could legally vote today, you would likely not be eligible.

They are here legally an are paying taxes. They are not voting in federal elections and the states have the right to run their own elections. You just buy the far right narrative. You always have.

Correct,.. like I said they are not citizens and don't deserve to vote.

I'm okay with the current arrangement,.. I just like to point out the 18.75 year time frame to build a voter, when people claim that illegal immigration has zero impact on voting in this country.
Sounds like the GOP has 18 years to figure out how to earn the vote of those citizens then.

But they haven't figured that out in 30+ years, so I doubt that changes in the next 18.

I assume you are some sort of person paid to push the Musk Narrative on forums. Does it pay well?
I assume you are a person paid just to push Nikole Hannah-Jones narrative on forums, does it pay well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT