ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis to Iowa Republicans: ‘I hope and pray’ Biden is Democratic nominee

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis spoke to the Iowa Republican Party Wednesday on the terrace of an Italian-style villa in Milwaukee overlooking Lake Michigan, possibly showing his interest in another bid for the presidency.
During his 10 minutes of remarks, DeSantis, who unsuccessfully challenged Donald Trump for the nomination this year, praised the policies that have been put forward by Iowa GOP lawmakers over the years and said he would be keeping an eye on the state for other ideas.
Iowa Republican delegates are especially important to any GOP politician who wants to win the Iowa caucuses, which remains the first-in-the-nation presidential contest for the party, although not for Democrats.

“You’ve had strong leadership in your state, starting with your governor,” DeSantis said, referring to Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds. “But your legislature — they have done more during her tenure than most states do in decades.”

Iowa state lawmakers, he said, “should continue leading by example,” before adding that Florida Republicans are “not going to let you get ahead of us.”

“If you guys are doing good things that we haven’t done, I’m going to follow through and do it,” DeSantis said.

Speaking from the Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum during the Republican National Convention, DeSantis said he hopes that Democrats don’t pull President Joe Biden as their presumptive nominee.

“I hope and pray that they don’t take that nomination away from him. We want him to be the Democratic nominee,” DeSantis said to cheers and applause. “And I’m going to be rooting for him. I know, the knives are out.”
Voters saw during the first presidential debate that Biden doesn’t have what it takes to be president, he said.

“If someone applied to be appointed to, like, a mosquito control board, and they had Biden’s faculty, and they came and sat in my office and said they wanted to be (on the) mosquito control board, I’d say, ‘No, you can’t do the job,’” DeSantis said. “So he clearly is not going to be able to do the job and so that’s good for us. That’s what we want.”

Well it is the 4th quarter in the football game and the Republicans are up 63 to nothing. To get a w they need to watch the clock run out with that lead still there.

As the WSJ opined this morning Republicans should know that heartbreaking fumbles can happen right at the goal line.
It ain’t over and anything can happen.
They would have to have a pretty major major screw-up after the assassination attempt.rnc conv. Joe losing it

Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis spoke to the Iowa Republican Party Wednesday on the terrace of an Italian-style villa in Milwaukee overlooking Lake Michigan, possibly showing his interest in another bid for the presidency.
During his 10 minutes of remarks, DeSantis, who unsuccessfully challenged Donald Trump for the nomination this year, praised the policies that have been put forward by Iowa GOP lawmakers over the years and said he would be keeping an eye on the state for other ideas.
Iowa Republican delegates are especially important to any GOP politician who wants to win the Iowa caucuses, which remains the first-in-the-nation presidential contest for the party, although not for Democrats.

“You’ve had strong leadership in your state, starting with your governor,” DeSantis said, referring to Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds. “But your legislature — they have done more during her tenure than most states do in decades.”

Iowa state lawmakers, he said, “should continue leading by example,” before adding that Florida Republicans are “not going to let you get ahead of us.”

“If you guys are doing good things that we haven’t done, I’m going to follow through and do it,” DeSantis said.

Speaking from the Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum during the Republican National Convention, DeSantis said he hopes that Democrats don’t pull President Joe Biden as their presumptive nominee.

“I hope and pray that they don’t take that nomination away from him. We want him to be the Democratic nominee,” DeSantis said to cheers and applause. “And I’m going to be rooting for him. I know, the knives are out.”
Voters saw during the first presidential debate that Biden doesn’t have what it takes to be president, he said.

“If someone applied to be appointed to, like, a mosquito control board, and they had Biden’s faculty, and they came and sat in my office and said they wanted to be (on the) mosquito control board, I’d say, ‘No, you can’t do the job,’” DeSantis said. “So he clearly is not going to be able to do the job and so that’s good for us. That’s what we want.”

Sorry Governor. He's out.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT