ADVERTISEMENT

Dessert Island Top 5 - Christmas Movie Edition

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
If you could only take 5 Christmas movies to watch on a dessert island, what would they be?

#1 - A Christmas Story
#2 - Christmas Vacation
#3 - Elf
#4 - Home Alone
#5 - Gremlins

Special Caveat:

OjGXO3.gif

Elf
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
The Santa Clause

Great call on Scrooged. Forgot about it.

I’d also have to add How the Grinch Stole Christmas but don’t know if that counts. Mandatory viewing at our house.

I’d also have to add How the Grinch Stole Christmas but don’t know if that counts. Mandatory viewing at our house.
We have some "mandatory viwers" as well:

- Christmas with the Kranks
- The Grinch (Jim Carrey & Animated)
- Home Alone 1 & 2
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town & Rudolph
- Plus the one's I listed in the OP

Animated or Jim Carey version? I enjoy both, but would go with the JC version for the island. I’d probably replace The Santa Clause with The Grinch. I’ve probably seen The Santa Clause 20+ times. It used to be my oldest son’s favorite Christmas movie when he was younger. We watched it way too many times, but always thought Tim Allen played that role well. Plus it had Judge Reinhold in in. Can’t go wrong with Brad Hamilton from Fast Times.

Animated or Jim Carey version? I enjoy both, but would go with the JC version for the island. I’d probably replace The Santa Clause with The Grinch. I’ve probably seen The Santa Clause 20+ times. It used to be my oldest son’s favorite Christmas movie when he was younger. We watched it way too many times, but always thought Tim Allen played that role well. Plus it had Judge Reinhold in in. Can’t go wrong with Brad Hamilton from Fast Times.

Animated for me. But the Carey version is solid too.

Good memories as a young kid watching the animated. Telling family members all year that the three words that best describe them are stink, stank, stunk, etc. and now with the younger nieces and nephews.

If you could only take 5 Christmas movies to watch on a dessert island, what would they be?

#1 - A Christmas Story
#2 - Christmas Vacation
#3 - Elf
#4 - Home Alone
#5 - Gremlins

Special Caveat:

OjGXO3.gif
The only 2 I make a point to watch are 4 christmases (HIGHLY underrated) and Christmas vacation. Other than that, meh.

Reactions: Twoooooooo

#1 - A Christmas Story
#2 - Christmas Vacation
#3 - Elf
#4 - Home Alone
#5 - Gremlins

Special Caveat:

OjGXO3.gif
Are we talking about a desert island or one theoretically made from dessert?

No particular order:
Grinch - all versions
Home Alone 1 only
Jingle All the Way
Santa Clause franchise
Christmas with the Kranks
It's a Wonderful Life
The Polar Express

It Happened On 5th Avenue
Remember the Night
A Christmas Carol (1938)
Christmas in Connecticut (Original)
White Christmas

#1 - Christmas Vacation
#2 - A Christmas Story
#3 - Elf
#4 - Die Hard
#5 - Polar Express

Sidebar/PSA : there is a new contender for movie that may become a cult Christmas classic: Violent Night.

Sleeper hit last Christmas season it is now streaming on Prime and hilarious and violent. David Harbour is great.

1, A Christmas Story
2. It’s a Wonderful Life
3. Elf
4. Scrooged
5. Die Hard
We are watching Elf now, looked for Die Hard on Netflix, but it’s not available, and I can’t find It’s A Wonderful Life. I really want to watch that this year after reading about how it was Jimmy Stewart’s first movie after returning from WW2.
We did watch White Christmas, earlier.
Instead of watching Die Hard we had to satisfy ourselves by quoting random passages, such as, “We’re gonna need more FBI guys”!

It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th st (original)
Christmas Vacation
Gremlins
Scrooged

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT