ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS. COWBOYS THREAD****

Reason film study of Tua vs Cowboys

Episode 945: Tua Tagovailoa Injured?! + NFL Film Study Of Tua Tagovailoa Vs The Dallas Cowboys

McDaniel breaks down film of the long throw to Waddle from the end zone. He shows repeated views of the blocking, which was outstanding.

My “Better Late Than Never” Takeaways From The Dolphins 22-20 Win Over The Dallas Cowboys:

• DING! DONG! SOME NARRATIVES ARE DEAD! Dolphins beat a team over .500! Dolphins get a big December win! Tua leads a game winning drive in December against the #4 passing defense!

• Prediction - the next big narrative to get checked off the list will be when this team wins a playoff game and bet your ass, it’s happening!

• I apologize to Jason Sanders for any slanders I’ve ever thrown his way

• Tua missed some “gimmie” throws but overall was really good, making some great throws in the clutch. Targeted 9 different receivers for 293 yards and not one was over 100 yards

• McDaniel needs to stop leaning on that fade inside the 5 and overall needs to be more creative inside the opponents 10 play calling wise to finish more drives off with TDs

• Tyreek should have had a beer 200 yard game. Another big drop in a big game though, he’s obviously banged up and played really well after the drop.

• Losing Waddle with a high ankle injury for the next few weeks absolutely sucks as it seems he was starting to really come on as of late. He’s battled through a lot of physical ailments this season. Warrior.

• I thought Durham Smythe had his beat game of the year. If they can find a consistent seam threat that can offer you something after the catch and also block, this offense can find another level.

• I know McDaniel said Mostert could have kept playing but with the season he’s having, I agree with the decision to protect him from himself. This team needs him for the playoff run and with Achane also banged up, better safe than sorry

• His numbers won’t leap out at you but Jeff Wilson Jr. stepped up when called upon against Dallas

• Offensive Line still has a ton to clean up heading into the Ravens game. Going to need their best showing of the season.

• Hoping Jackson and Hunt are both back this week because that would be MASSIVE

• AVG had one of those games where the Thor came out of him and everyone felt the power of Mjölnir on Sunday

• Bradley Chubb is playing at an All-Pro level, there’s just nothing else to say. Phenomenal.

• Zach Sieler just continues to have a breakout season fresh of signing a new extension, making it look as if Miami got him on a team friendly deal with every snap

• Duke Riley has exceeded my expectations as a starter. Is he perfect? No but for the most part he’s been impressive stepping in for Baker.

• Jalen Ramsey out CeeDee Lamb on the side of a milk carton when he covered him. Add him to the list of top WRs along with Garrett Wilson and Terry McLaurin who have been erased recently by Ramsey when matched up.

• Jalen Tolbert Moss’ing X wasn’t on my Christmas Eve bingo card. Another week where a WR got away with an OPI on him too, this time Lamb.

• I’m a big believer in Kader Kohou but as I continue to say, he’s just not there yet in this stage of his development to take on the top guys in the NFL consistently

• Arguably DeShon Elliott’s roughest putting as a Miami Dolphin

• This back end of the secondary is really missing Jevon Holland

Plain and simple, Dolphins took care of business and now, they have to go on the road to Baltimore and do the same.

It won’t be easy but trust me, this team believes they can win no matter the circumstances after what happened last year against the Ravens.

Go get the W this weekend.

Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT