ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 worst male singing voice ever?

milli vanilli fraud GIF

Randy Newman

Maroon Five singer (name escapes me)

And every single rapper that my boys listen that just has that digitized voice. That makes my ears bleed.

Jimmy Buffett and Willie Nelson even though I love those guys, legends, they made it work.

That's Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, too.
Here’s the thing about Dylan, and I’ve said this before. Obviously he doesn’t have a classic singing voice. But his voice is perfect for the songs that he writes. It’s difficult for me to imagine listening to someone else sing “Desolation Row” or “Like a Rolling Stone” and sound better than Bob.

Years ago I was watching The Voice or America’s Got Talent or one of those singing competition shows. They had guest celebrities coaching the contestants and John Fogerty was one of the guests. The guy he was coaching decided to sing “Fortunate Son” for the contest and they showed Fogerty coaching him on how to sing it.

It was infuriating to watch because the guy was determined to sing it pitch perfect and of course Fogerty went along with him on that.

But that completely disregards the whole point of the song. It’s a protest song. It’s an angry song. There’s supposed to be rage in your voice like there was when Fogerty recorded it in 1969.

You’re not supposed to sound like Bruno Mars singing some sappy ballad when you sing “I ain’t no senator’s son!”.

Here’s the thing about Dylan, and I’ve said this before. Obviously he doesn’t have a classic singing voice. But his voice is perfect for the songs that he writes. It’s difficult for me to imagine listening to someone else sing “Desolation Row” or “Like a Rolling Stone” and sound better than Bob.

Years ago I was watching The Voice or America’s Got Talent or one of those singing competition shows. They had guest celebrities coaching the contestants and John Fogerty was one of the guests. The guy he was coaching decided to sing “Fortunate Son” for the contest and they showed Fogerty coaching him on how to sing it.

It was infuriating to watch because the guy was determined to sing it pitch perfect and of course Fogerty went along with him on that.

But that completely disregards the whole point of the song. It’s a protest song. It’s an angry song. There’s supposed to be rage in your voice like there was when Fogerty recorded it in 1969.

You’re not supposed to sound like Bruno Mars singing some sappy ballad when you sing “I ain’t no senator’s son!”.
If you look at the vast majority of Dylan's songs, no one else could get the same feeling the way he "sang" them. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts being the perfect example.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and TJ8869
Lemmy Kilmister
Bob Dylan
Taylor Swift
Jon Bon Jovi
Vince Neil

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT