ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Hogan

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
Some "insider" information.

So, talking to my neighbor. His grandson is a soph at Kentucky and works for the football team - charting plays, carrying a clipboard, watching film, etc. His second year doing this.

Will Levis, the starter at QB, has been injured and missed a week. My neighbor asks his grandson, "Do you think Deuce Hogan might play?"

His grandson responds, "Deuce is as stupid as they come. There is no way he could learn an offense. He smiles a lot, but he's just an idiot,"

There you have it right from my neighbor's grandson's mouth.

;)

So, talking to my neighbor. His grandson is a soph at Kentucky and works for the football team - charting plays, carrying a clipboard, watching film, etc. His second year doing this.

Will Levis, the starter at QB, has been injured and missed a week. My neighbor asks his grandson, "Do you think Deuce Hogan might play?"

His grandson responds, "Deuce is as stupid as they come. There is no way he could learn an offense. He smiles a lot, but he's just an idiot,"

;)

Ok

;)
Sweet, I now feel better about the quarterback situation at Iowa. Thanks for posting.

Sweet, I now feel better about the quarterback situation at Iowa. Thanks for posting.
im-here-to-help-imgflip-com-peter-griffin-fireman-imgflip-49381395.png

;)
You should tell your neighbor to tell his grandson name calling isn't nice. Or does that just go for current Hawks?

Last edited:
I think the point was to show just how bad we are (hopefully were) at evaluating QB talent.........

Petras- awful pocket statue
Hogan- box of dull crayons collectively have a higher IQ......allegedly
Padilla- apparently in Kirk's doghouse because reasons
Labas- too young, hasn't been ruined yet, therefore can't play
May- Doesn't exist

;)
And we recruited him!!!

;)
Great recruiting by Iowa.

;)
similar rumors on an Iowa Fr QB currently on the roster...

;)
I have to believe that… maybe a little too hard on him but I can definitely see that

;)
Not surprising. The kid wouldn’t shut up about Jesus. Perhaps I’m in the minority, but it very much made me think less of him.

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Why bring that here?.... failing to see what this has to do with Iowa Football. Deuce Hogan left the team, he moved on... That was his call. Let sleeping dogs lie.. Best of luck to him and I hope he gets his shot..
Hawkeye football forums —-> Deuce used to play football for the Hawkeyes—> many posters wanted deuce starting 2 years ago and there has been 2 dozen threads about it——> Relative info from a seemingly good source that Deuce was not what everyone thought he was.

Overreaction post of the month.
Yea, they saw what the post was about but decided to read it anyway and then get mad at the guy that gave them the opportunity, which they took. It's not there is much else to read on this forum other than people bitching about a team going nowhere this year.

Reactions: BBHawk
I like that Ferentz isn't afraid to call out players publicly that haven't performed after Iowa recruited them but couldn't develop them. Ferentz is a man, he's 40!

I think the point was to show just how bad we are (hopefully were) at evaluating QB talent.........

Petras- awful pocket statue
Hogan- box of dull crayons collectively have a higher IQ......allegedly
Padilla- apparently in Kirk's doghouse because reasons
Labas- too young, hasn't been ruined yet, therefore can't play
May- Doesn't exist

so, about that damn National Championship....

you're better than this.

i thought.
No kidding. What a tool. Maybe direct it at Rivals and any other rating group that put him as a 4 star. Just because you can throw as pass doesn't mean you have a clue what you are looking at. Pretty sure the Iowa coaches wouldn't know this till they got him in camp.

I like that Ferentz isn't afraid to call out players publicly that haven't performed after Iowa recruited them but couldn't develop them. Ferentz is a man, he's 40!
How do you develop a box of rocks smart guy?

Here’s a question. Would you rather take a crap for brains mobile gamer assuming duece could be one. Or would you take a smart immobile, inaccurate qb who hasn’t done sh!t the last 10 games.
I honestly don’t care if someone is dumber then a box of rocks if they are a stud when it comes to game time.
I know more then likely duece is not very good on the field or in the brain department but I’m curious what others would think.
Seems our coaching staff only wants intelligent film study guys. Which is what they said about Stanley all the time as well.

Here’s a question. Would you rather take a crap for brains mobile gamer assuming duece could be one. Or would you take a smart immobile, inaccurate qb who hasn’t done sh!t the last 10 games.
I honestly don’t care if someone is dumber then a box of rocks if they are a stud when it comes to game time.
I know more then likely duece is not very good on the field or in the brain department but I’m curious what others would think.
Seems our coaching staff only wants intelligent film study guys. Which is what they said about Stanley all the time as well.
Beat me to the punch. Who knows maybe Duece isn't the smartest guy but then again makes me question the Iowa staff. They recruited this kid and should've put him through the vetting process on his IQ level when they recruited him. So even though OP trying to make Iowa fans feel good that he's gone still doesn't speak well of our staff who brought him in. If he was so stupid why did they offer him in the first place and same with UK who took him on even as a walk on. 2 of the smartest QBs we ever had in Ferentz era Petras and Vandenberg were complete flops as 5th year seniors. I know other stuff helped play some parts for why but just shows you in both their times at Iowa even the high IQ guys have had huge struggles and some if it with the mental side of the game.

College football has been littered with guys with all the talent in the world and not the sharpest tools in the shed that have still managed to have success. Prime example is Vince Young. If a QB has the talent a good staff works with him to gain a functioning understanding of the offense to get him on the field if he's the most talented, even if it means playing some "backyard football". Lot of the complaints, and rightfully so, is the whole BS it takes 3 years to learn the Iowa system. Then you look around and see redshirt or true freshman starting all over the country including premiere programs like Bama, OSU and Clemson. Even BF to an extent talked about simplifying the play book this off season. Which is one of many examples of the cluster F that is our disjointed offensive system.

Last edited:
Hawkeye football forums —-> Deuce used to play football for the Hawkeyes—> many posters wanted deuce starting 2 years ago and there has been 2 dozen threads about it——> Relative info from a seemingly good source that Deuce was not what everyone thought he was.
Fine, but why trash the kid after his chapter has closed? His time at Kentucky has nothing to do with the state of Iowa football now. Why come to a public forum looking for a lynching and shaming the poor kid? Why not support the kid in his post-Hawkeye career? Just seems like a waste of time to come back to these boards and kick the kid in the face...

Why bring that here?.... failing to see what this has to do with Iowa Football. Deuce Hogan left the team, he moved on... That was his call. Let sleeping dogs lie.. Best of luck to him and I hope he gets his shot..

He was a member of our football team who KF disparaged leading to his transfer. So I am interested about former Hawks as well as current ones. I guess you have no interest in former Hawks playing in the NFL. I won't bring up Charlie Jones:^)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT