ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Hogan

He was a member of our football team who KF disparaged leading to his transfer. So I am interested about former Hawks as well as current ones. I guess you have no interest in former Hawks playing in the NFL. I won't bring up Charlie Jones:^)
If by disparaged you mean that he said that Iowa would be in trouble if a redshirt freshman were to start, then someone needs to grow thicker skin.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
He was a member of our football team who KF disparaged leading to his transfer. So I am interested about former Hawks as well as current ones. I guess you have no interest in former Hawks playing in the NFL. I won't bring up Charlie Jones:^)
NFL??? We are talking about Deuce Hogan. That is what this thread is about. When did he get to the NFL?? I have interest to see how a former player is doing. But I don't have interest in "This person said this or that person's Grandson said that a player is stupid or that a player is an idiot or "We are better off without that player" or anything that is not a fact or just posted to tear down a former player and is solely unsubstantiated and slander.

Last edited:
Reactions: citizenHawk
  • Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I know there is a lot of grey area with regard to student-athlete classes, but if they can manage to pass their way through college courses, they are intelligent enough to play football and score touchdowns. Show me a kid flunking out of classes and you might have something worth posting.

At least twice that happened.

He posted this on Nov 21, 2020

He posted this on March 23 2021:
Lol. And you wonder why people think you have mental health issues? Good lord. 😆

Yes, crazy, to suggest there might be a backup quarterback on the Iowa bench better than Spencer. I’m guessing I’ve suggested Labas and Padilla should get a shot too. I’m sure you can find those too.

Great research.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
No kidding. What a tool. Maybe direct it at Rivals and any other rating group that put him as a 4 star. Just because you can throw as pass doesn't mean you have a clue what you are looking at. Pretty sure the Iowa coaches wouldn't know this till they got him in camp.

The currently-worst QB in FCS was a 4* that broke Goff's HS records. Perhaps it has something to do with Iowa's inability to develop QBs.

Lol. And you wonder why people think you have mental health issues? Good lord. 😆

Yes, crazy, to suggest there might be a backup quarterback on the Iowa bench better than Spencer. I’m guessing I’ve suggested Labas and Padilla should get a shot too. I’m sure you can find those too.

Great research.

Not to mention Fran is in close competition with DSD for most threads spooging over Labas.
I don't care who they put out there anymore as long as it isn't SP. I also know the only way that happens is if Petras suffers a serious injury and I won't wish that on him.

Some "insider" information.

So, talking to my neighbor. His grandson is a soph at Kentucky and works for the football team - charting plays, carrying a clipboard, watching film, etc. His second year doing this.

Will Levis, the starter at QB, has been injured and missed a week. My neighbor asks his grandson, "Do you think Deuce Hogan might play?"

His grandson responds, "Deuce is as stupid as they come. There is no way he could learn an offense. He smiles a lot, but he's just an idiot,"

There you have it right from my neighbor's grandson's mouth.

;)
pretty harsh words, especially coming from a fellow UK student... ;)

I will say this, there are book smarts and street smarts. I played football with a well built RB/LB in high school who got good grades, but he had zero common sense on everything else!

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
pretty harsh words, especially coming from a fellow UK student... ;)

I will say this, there are book smarts and street smarts. I played football with a well built RB/LB in high school who got good grades, but he had zero common sense on everything else!
And the opposite can also happen.

Great research.
If Duece was still on the roster I'm sure majority of the fan base would be saying the same. Put in Padilla, Labas or Duece and at least try something different at QB. Because anyone with eyes can come to the conclusion after 25 games the Spencer Petras experiment is just flat out not working and never will with the few games remaining.

Reactions: iahawks10
And the opposite can also happen.
..and the higher up you go in sports...the more you need conventional intelligence along with the "street smarts" or "field instincts". Some guys are great on the sandlot (or their high school system) but not so good on an organized team.

If Duece was still on the roster I'm sure majority of the fan base would be saying the same. Put in Padilla, Labas or Duece and at least try something different at QB. Because anyone with eyes can come to the conclusion after 25 games the Spencer Petras experiment is just flat out not working and never will with the few games remaining.
All that coaching and film watching will kick in any game now. Patience!

Not to mention Fran is in close competition with DSD for most threads spooging over Labas.
I don't care who they put out there anymore as long as it isn't SP. I also know the only way that happens is if Petras suffers a serious injury and I won't wish that on him.

At least “Joey Throws” seemed to go away.

Reactions: blhawk
Fine, but why trash the kid after his chapter has closed? His time at Kentucky has nothing to do with the state of Iowa football now. Why come to a public forum looking for a lynching and shaming the poor kid? Why not support the kid in his post-Hawkeye career? Just seems like a waste of time to come back to these boards and kick the kid in the face...
Dude. Get off you moral high horse and stop patting yourself on the back. OP is just relaying a story he heard about deuce. Chill.

Dude. Get off you moral high horse and stop patting yourself on the back. OP is just relaying a story he heard about deuce. Chill.
I'm cool as a cucumber. I'm just trying to figure out how my discussion point about a college QB (who is still in college) somehow lead you to accuse me of not wanting to follow former Hawkeye players in the NFL... I respect your opinion and discussion when it makes sense but trying to follow your point or logic is like asking my wife where she wants to eat for dinner and expecting an answer.... HAHAHAHAHA... And speaking of Moral High Horses, maybe you should put yours in check... If the OP can post about a story he heard then get off your high horse and let me give my own opinion. You attacked me first so why don't you chill out...

I'm cool as a cucumber. I'm just trying to figure out how my discussion point about a college QB (who is still in college) somehow lead you to accuse me of not wanting to follow former Hawkeye players in the NFL... I respect your opinion and discussion when it makes sense but trying to follow your point or logic is like asking my wife where she wants to eat for dinner and expecting an answer.... HAHAHAHAHA... And speaking of Moral High Horses, maybe you should put yours in check... If the OP can post about a story he heard then get off your high horse and let me give my own opinion. You attacked me first so why don't you chill out...
Former players in the NFL? WTF are you talking about?

I honestly don’t care if someone is dumber then a box of rocks if they are a stud when it comes to game time.
Makes me think of Kawhi Leonard. Friend of mine from grad school had classes with him and talked to him quite a bit during her undergrad time at San Diego State. She said that he is a very nice, friendly guy and she was thankful/happy he was such a great basketball player because he is legitimately just flat-out not smart. She said she isn't sure how he would have done in the real world with a real job because he is just really stupid. Again, really nice guy but not intelligent at all. CSB.

So to answer your question, I don't care if the guy is a brain dead idiot or an incredible genius as long as he is a great player while at Iowa.

Reactions: CerroGordoHawk
Makes me think of Kawhi Leonard. Friend of mine from grad school had classes with him and talked to him quite a bit during her undergrad time at San Diego State. She said that he is a very nice, friendly guy and she was thankful/happy he was such a great basketball player because he is legitimately just flat-out not smart. She said she isn't sure how he would have done in the real world with a real job because he is just really stupid. Again, really nice guy but not intelligent at all. CSB.

So to answer your question, I don't care if the guy is a brain dead idiot or an incredible genius as long as he is a great player while at Iowa.
If that is true, he's a rare example of this. Most college athletes don't make it professionally and the fraction is even smaller for basketball.

If that is true, he's a rare example of this. Most college athletes don't make it professionally and the fraction is even smaller for basketball.
It's true (well, I'm not lying about what she said but it's possible she is overstating his lack of intelligence). I'm just saying I'd take a dumb guy who is good at his sport.

Maybe I missed what you meant but what does the fact that most college athletes don't make it professionally, especially basketball players (which is very true) have to do with Kawhi being dumb/not fit for a real job/normal life but is really good at his sport?

It's true (well, I'm not lying about what she said but it's possible she is overstating his lack of intelligence). I'm just saying I'd take a dumb guy who is good at his sport.

Maybe I missed what you meant but what does the fact that most college athletes don't make it professionally, especially basketball players (which is very true) have to do with Kawhi being dumb/not fit for a real job/normal life but is really good at his sport?
Harder to make it. Athletes are challenged enough, being intellectually challenged would make it that much more difficult.

Reactions: pink shizzle
I think the point was to show just how bad we are (hopefully were) at evaluating QB talent.........

Petras- awful pocket statue
Hogan- box of dull crayons collectively have a higher IQ......allegedly
Padilla- apparently in Kirk's doghouse because reasons
Labas- too young, hasn't been ruined yet, therefore can't play
May- Doesn't exist
😅🤣😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT