ADVERTISEMENT

Devine Bourrage

Retro Hawk

Rookie
Jun 30, 2022
Anyone know where she is leaning? Just a junior but has several big time offers. #9 recruit in the class of 2025 out of Davenport North.

Anyone know where she is leaning? Just a junior but has several big time offers. #9 recruit in the class of 2025 out of Davenport North.
Watching her right now.in Des Moines. Good match up against a girl from Cedar Falls who is going to Drake apparently. Heard from people she was looking to go somewhere out of state.

She isn't coming to Iowa -- zero interest. I think she is angling for LSU or South Carolina but those offers haven't come yet. She is reportedly leaning toward Florida. This is all according to the user TomParis something, who lives in Davenport and knows the family.

She actually doesn't have a single elite offer yet....no South Carolina, LSU, Notre Dame, UConn or Stanford. But basically she has offers from everywhere else just under them in terms of prestige -- lots of former blue bloods like Tennessee and Duke. Funnily enough Iowa is her best offer lol. You can tell by her social media activity she wants to be an SEC athlete tho.

She isn't coming to Iowa -- zero interest. I think she is angling for LSU or South Carolina but those offers haven't come yet. She is reportedly leaning toward Florida. This is all according to the user TomParis something, who lives in Davenport and knows the family.

She actually doesn't have a single elite offer yet....no South Carolina, LSU, Notre Dame, UConn or Stanford. But basically she has offers from everywhere else just under them in terms of prestige -- lots of former blue bloods like Tennessee and Duke. Funnily enough Iowa is her best offer lol. You can tell by her social media activity she wants to be an SEC athlete tho.
Agreed ^

She must love those eye lashes.

A month ago Florida was her favorite from her offer list…hoping for UNC.

A month ago Florida was her favorite from her offer list…hoping for UNC.
It’s actually nuts that UNC hasn’t offered. They’re far from an elite program and pretty much every school around their level has already offered, it seems. I wonder if it’s a positional thing or perhaps they just already have confidence in their targets. She seems like a home run for them….

Sat right by her last week at Davenport West High gym, but didn’t have enough nerve to ask her since I had Iowa gear on lol. she was there watching the boys play Bettendorf. She goes to a lot of the boys basketball games for Davenport West. I know a couple people close to her. I’ll try to find something in the next day or two

Davenport North got beat by 16 by Cedar Falls today. Don't know how she did. We are lucky to get the kids we do at Iowa. Iowa is in the top ten "drain states," where more young people move away than stay. I am proud to be an Iowa grad, but my two kids and five grandkids all left Iowa to go to USC, Marquette, Notre Dame, Florida State, U of Wisconsin, NYU and Kentucky, all on academic scholarships. Go figure.

Davenport North got beat by 16 by Cedar Falls today. Don't know how she did. We are lucky to get the kids we do at Iowa. Iowa is in the top ten "drain states," where more young people move away than stay. I am proud to be an Iowa grad, but my two kids and five grandkids all left Iowa to go to USC, Marquette, Notre Dame, Florida State, U of Wisconsin, NYU and Kentucky, all on academic scholarships. Go figure.
Pretty sure the game was closer than 16. It was a 4 point game with just a few seconds left. She had a real good game but not the best supporting cast especially with u of I recruit Houston injured. North was ahead with a couple a minutes left but the Cedar Falls guard couldn't miss late in the 4th.

Final Score was 71-65 Cedar Falls. It was a one-point game at half.

1234T
8627400f-725c-47bd-9aa3-3bc9e9fb3341cedar-falls-96.png
Cedar Falls
dd4450aa-c6af-4091-b3d5-8426d4e5af8fdavenport_north.png
Davenport North

Reactions: redbirdhawk
She will be Illini bound. Her Mom and Illini HC played together .
Honestly her heading to Illinois would be such a gamble/waste. Just like Crooks to Iowa State and Prince to Nebraska. Common denominator is coaches in over their head. I also don’t see why she would have waited and worked so long for a SC offer only to go to a mediocre program. She clearly wants to be an SEC athlete.

Honestly her heading to Illinois would be such a gamble/waste. Just like Crooks to Iowa State and Prince to Nebraska. Common denominator is coaches in over their head. I also don’t see why she would have waited and worked so long for a SC offer only to go to a mediocre program. She clearly wants to be an SEC athlete.

Crooks is probably going to be Big 12 freshman of the year. Hard to say it's a "waste".

Iowa is NOT out of it for Divine. She wants to play guard and Iowa will be guard heavy. Not saying she is afraid of competition by no means. Some schools want her at forward position but she is a little thin for that. We all have her the talk of Southeastern schools, but I’m here to tell you Iowa is still involved. She may end up down south somewhere but I’m still gonna cross my fingers for this one.🤞 Divine and Journey are very close to each other.

Iowa is NOT out of it for Divine. She wants to play guard and Iowa will be guard heavy. Not saying she is afraid of competition by no means. Some schools want her at forward position but she is a little thin for that. We all have her the talk of Southeastern schools, but I’m here to tell you Iowa is still involved. She may end up down south somewhere but I’m still gonna cross my fingers for this one.🤞 Divine and Journey are very close to each other.
Interesting! Do you know the family?

Crooks is probably going to be Big 12 freshman of the year. Hard to say it's a "waste".
Do you rly think she’ll get it over Booker?

I wish her well but Fennelly has proven to be nothing but in over his head. Iowa state fans deserve better. With all the talent he has had, he should have much more to show for it. I’ve long kind of wondered if I was being too harsh but half the team transferring last year (and 3 of 4 recruits from his best class ever doing the same over time) solidified this for me.

Why anyone would play for him at this point is beyond me.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right, Booker probably does take it over her.

I've been vocal on ISU boards, I'm not a fan of how Fennelly handles himself. But IMO he's done an awesome job with this group of freshman and the future is incredibly bright in the short term. I love the young players. Hopefully he can hang on to them.

As far as the players transferring, I thought it was a really bad sign but it jumpstarted this freshman group and when you look at them on a case by case basis some make a bit more sense.

I have a hard time believing ISU could do better than Fennelly W/L wise.

Green had Illinois' best season since 2000 in her first year. She might not be an elite coach, but that program was a wasteland for more than two decades and she's made them relevant.

Fennelly is a bit like Kirk for me. He's been around forever and had some very good results. Once he moves on, you wonder if they'll be able to find someone to replicate his success even though you're still a bit frustrated he hasn't accomplished more.

I honestly can't believe Williams is still coaching right now with the allegations that came out. Participating in a team meeting where players are berating another player for sleeping with a coach (if true, and it's specific enough I think it probably is) is gross.

I honestly can't believe Williams is still coaching right now with the allegations that came out. Participating in a team meeting where players are berating another player for sleeping with a coach (if true, and it's specific enough I think it probably is) is gross.

I’ve actually started trolling Nebraska fans that keep saying “Is that big ten protocol?” by replying “Is bullying a victim of sexual grooming at the hands of your own employee and perhaps your own husband big ten protocol?” The timing of that revelation was something, on many levels.

I agree they’re likely too specific to not be true. Unless each and every player on the team says that that “team meeting” never happened….furthermore saying Love and Williams’ husband would text her for drinks late at night? Again probably pretty easy to prove thru text messages or what not. UNL has certainly chosen post-season success over the integrity. She should not be coaching at all. At minimum she should be on leave til the investigation plays out. Have to wonder if she would still be coaching had they not just beaten Iowa. Pretty gross all around, for sure.

That said I lost faith in her a long time ago. I was actually a pretty big fan of hers til last season. Not making the NCAAT with all the talent and experience she had was enough reason to fire her IMO.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Yeah you're right, Booker probably does take it over her.

I've been vocal on ISU boards, I'm not a fan of how Fennelly handles himself. But IMO he's done an awesome job with this group of freshman and the future is incredibly bright in the short term. I love the young players. Hopefully he can hang on to them.

As far as the players transferring, I thought it was a really bad sign but it jumpstarted this freshman group and when you look at them on a case by case basis some make a bit more sense.

I have a hard time believing ISU could do better than Fennelly W/L wise.
Do you know, is Ryan taking the COVID year? Also, do you know how many roster spots ISU has for next year ATM?

I think Ryan and Ny Diew are done, but I think those are the only 2. Don't quote me though, I watch the games but I don't follow the recruiting stuff as much on the women's side. I just know the 5 freshman I'm incredibly excited about.

Edit: I'm wrong. Only Belenger is gone. Ryan and Diew can come back, but I'm not sure if they will.

Last edited:
Reactions: shikreto
Hope you're right. When she wasn't on the list of recruits who attended the Crossover at Kinnick, I completely gave up on her (has been to any games this year?). She could have had a family conflict or something, but if there was a 1% chance I was going to Iowa and 60 miles away, I would have been at that. And, Journey was there, so she presumably had a ride.

She isn't going to Iowa. Stop worrying about it. You can capitalize NOT all you want but everything I have been told, from people who know, say things like "no way" and "absolutely not".

Do you rly think she’ll get it over Booker?

I wish her well but Fennelly has proven to be nothing but in over his head. Iowa state fans deserve better. With all the talent he has had, he should have much more to show for it. I’ve long kind of wondered if I was being too harsh but half the team transferring last year (and 3 of 4 recruits from his best class ever doing the same over time) solidified this for me.

Why anyone would play for him at this point is beyond me.
Bill will be 67 in a couple of months. So, I could see him retiring at any time. Maybe he sticks around three more years with his super frosh class (if they don't transfer). I've always been worried about ISU making a run at Baranzcyk before we get a chance/have a need.

Reactions: jockos
Interesting! Do you know the family?

Cousin and aunt from over the years but that’s not where I’m hearing this. What I got was somebody very close to Houston’s family. I don’t want to say anymore, except for I know they wanna play together but there’s obstacles in the way. From what I got, there’s gonna be a tough decision.🤞

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
She isn't going to Iowa. Stop worrying about it. You can capitalize NOT all you want but everything I have been told, from people who know, say things like "no way" and "absolutely not".
First of all, I’m not worried about it. I’m just telling posters what I got this morning. It’s gonna be a tough decision for her. she may very well be sticking to what we’ve all been hearing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT