ADVERTISEMENT

Diane Feinstein to step down from the Judiciary Committee.

It’s about time, I cannot believe it took some internet shaming to make it happen
Not so much internet shaming, a lot of prominent Dems, including elected office holders from California, are calling for her to step down. Now, some of that is progressive saber rattling, but a lot of Californians are upset that she is unable to perform her job, and won't step down.

Oddly enough, there has to be consent from Republicans, and there is reporting that some senate Rs are being all coy about if they will consent. If they don't consent to her being removed from Judiciary, that boosts the odds that she steps down.
It would also once more how classless old pukes like McConnell and Grassley are. They talk about how how honorable, and genteel the Senate is, but they play the same silly games when it benefits them.

Not so much internet shaming, a lot of prominent Dems, including elected office holders from California, are calling for her to step down. Now, some of that is progressive saber rattling, but a lot of Californians are upset that she is unable to perform her job, and won't step down.

No, they voted for her. Nobody had any idea this was an issue until Dick Durbin said that they couldn’t get anybody through the judiciary committee due to Feinstein’s absence

Apparently hits too close to home for Nancy....

Nancy Pelosi Says Calls For Dianne Feinstein's Resignation Are Sexist, Politically Motivated​

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday defended ailing Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), and characterized progressive demands for her resignation as sexist and politically motivated.
Feinstein, who sits on the powerful Judiciary Committee, was hospitalized with shingles last month and continues recovering at her home in San Francisco. Several Democrats have expressed concern that her lengthy absence is delaying the confirmation of President Joe Biden’s judicial nominees and jeopardizes the party’s narrow Senate majority. Feinstein has already missed 60 Senate votes this year.

Pelosi said Feinstein deserves the chance to recover and return to Washington.
“It’s interesting to me,” Pelosi told reporters. “I don’t know what political agendas are at work that are going after Sen. Feinstein in that way. I’ve never seen them go after a man who was sick in the Senate in that way.”

Feinstein on Wednesday asked Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to appoint a temporary replacement on the Judiciary Committee.
“Unfortunately, my return to Washington has been delayed due to continued complications related to my diagnosis,” she said. “I intend to return as soon as possible once my medical team advises that it’s safe for me to travel.”
Democrats who have called for Feinstein’s ouster include Reps. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) and Dean Phillips (D-Minn.).

• Sad
Reactions: lucas80

Nancy Pelosi Says Calls For Dianne Feinstein's Resignation Are Sexist, Politically Motivated​

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday defended ailing Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), and characterized progressive demands for her resignation as sexist and politically motivated.
Feinstein, who sits on the powerful Judiciary Committee, was hospitalized with shingles last month and continues recovering at her home in San Francisco. Several Democrats have expressed concern that her lengthy absence is delaying the confirmation of President Joe Biden’s judicial nominees and jeopardizes the party’s narrow Senate majority. Feinstein has already missed 60 Senate votes this year.

“It’s interesting to me,” Pelosi told reporters. “I don’t know what political agendas are at work that are going after Sen. Feinstein in that way. I’ve never seen them go after a man who was sick in the Senate in that way.”

Feinstein on Wednesday asked Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to appoint a temporary replacement on the Judiciary Committee.
“Unfortunately, my return to Washington has been delayed due to continued complications related to my diagnosis,” she said. “I intend to return as soon as possible once my medical team advises that it’s safe for me to travel.”
Democrats who have called for Feinstein’s ouster include Reps. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) and Dean Phillips (D-Minn.).

"Temporary replacement" for the committee. She won't even just quit the committee, let alone the Senate. It's like RBG all over again. Or remember when they would wheel 103 year old Strom Thurmond into Congress on a hospital bed for crucial votes? Stop making everything about you. Just give it up for someone that can actually execute what you believe in.

No, they voted for her. Nobody had any idea this was an issue until Dick Durbin said that they couldn’t get anybody through the judiciary committee due to Feinstein’s absence
She has a responsibility to do her job, or resign. People voted for her 4+ years ago. If her circumstances have changed, she needs to step down.

It's 2023. I am surprised we can't have them work and vote from home.

There is an easy answer to this. Feinstein steps down, and Barbara Boxer runs out the term. It eliminates the squabble over Newsom checking all the right boxes for a replacement, and you get someone who knows the job, and has some level of collegiality with the Republican senators.

Reactions: Lindemann
There is an easy answer to this. Feinstein steps down, and Barbara Boxer runs out the term. It eliminates the squabble over Newsom checking all the right boxes for a replacement, and you get someone who knows the job, and has some level of collegiality with the Republican senators.
I would be fine with that plan. But I hope you can at least appreciate the humor in essentially saying “Dianne Feinstein is too old. Replace her with someone who’s only 82.”

If only there was a vaccine against shingles…
Many older shingles vaccinated adults still get shingles. Vaccines for the elderly are a crapshoot. Many do not generate appreciable immune responses or have comorbidities that lead to shingles reactivation. And wait for this. Shingles reactivation is common in those who have Alzheimer's Disease.

Would never happen....

I would be fine with that plan. But I hope you can at least appreciate the humor in essentially saying “Dianne Feinstein is too old. Replace her with someone who’s only 82.”
There is no humor. Boxer is in good health, and this would basically be a 16 month gig, minus the extensive time off senators take.

Reactions: Lindemann

Pelosi’s wrong, and probably worried about herself. Is it simply impossible for old politicians to do what’s right? Why are they so freaking selfish?

It’s not just physical absence, that Senate seat has been vacant for quite some time.

There is no humor.

sad-walk.gif

Reactions: lucas80
This is what I meant. If he gets to fill the office he’ll virtue signal as bad as Meatball Ron would. Just call in an old hand like Boxer, or some recently retired house member with no aspirations, and give the voters a clean slate to choose from in 2024. Filling the office comes with back room negotiations and howls of protest from every group that feels marginalized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT