ADVERTISEMENT

Did A.J. have 3 sacks in the Nebraska Game?

FreddyUI

HR All-State
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2016
Omaha
I just finished re-watching the game over the weekend and noticed 3 distinct solo sacks by AJ.

2nd Qtr. Approximately 11:52
3rd Qtr. Approximately 11:50
4th Qtr. Approximately 3:50

The third one is the only one I think is questionable. It was 3rd and 14 and the pocket starts to break down and Martinez steps up in the pocket and is tackled by AJ for a 3 yard loss.

I do not think it was an attempt to run by Martinez as he did not have the ball tucked until contact and he appeared to be looking down field and only stepping up. Not that it matters, but the announcer indicated " Epenesa providing the pressure, and he provides the sack."

I just finished re-watching the game over the weekend and noticed 3 distinct solo sacks by AJ.

2nd Qtr. Approximately 11:52
3rd Qtr. Approximately 11:50
4th Qtr. Approximately 3:50

The third one is the only one I think is questionable. It was 3rd and 14 and the pocket starts to break down and Martinez steps up in the pocket and is tackled by AJ for a 3 yard loss.

I do not think it was an attempt to run by Martinez as he did not have the ball tucked until contact and he appeared to be looking down field and only stepping up. Not that it matters, but the announcer indicated " Epenesa providing the pressure, and he provides the sack."
If memory serves me correctly, I believe they only gave him credit for 2 among his 14 tackles.

I was thinking the teams have staff or interns who check stuff like this and get stats adjusted

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT