ADVERTISEMENT

Did kirk know we won?

Nov 4, 2007
Nice reaction. I had to rewind it a few times to see if he even smiled. Hate to bitch about a great win, but c'mon. He was good on the Ia state win. Not even a fist pump.

It looked like to me he almost wanted to cry or was emotional based on the win which is why he didn't yell and scream.

I had the same reaction.

I say that knowing the fan base hangs on everything I emote.

Seriously, I was so even keel throughout the entire game. Interesting to me, because last week I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. So anxious.

Just came out flat with my fan-game this week. Need to work on my intensity.

I had the same reaction.

I say that knowing the fan base hangs on everything I emote.

Seriously, I was so even keel throughout the entire game. Interesting to me, because last week I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. So anxious.

Just came out flat with my fan-game this week. Need to work on my intensity.

Now that's funny!

Nice reaction. I had to rewind it a few times to see if he even smiled. Hate to bitch about a great win, but c'mon. He was good on the Ia state win. Not even a fist pump.

Don't sat "hate to bitch" when you're complaining about a coach not celebrating enough.

I bet most people rewatched the end to see an amazing kick, a stadium erupt, an opposing player look in disbelief, etc. You watched a coaches celebration technique. You love to bitch. It's OK to type it.

I re watched the end, over and over, it was awesome baby. Kf seems to be a pretty emotional guy and that was another time he was feeling a little emotional. I'll take a coach that way over a crazed maniac any day.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Guy was near in tears last win. I give him a pass. Besides on a night celebrating Greenwood and not too far of from Sash's death, puts something as stupid as a football game in perspective.

It looked like to me he almost wanted to cry or was emotional based on the win which is why he didn't yell and scream.
I'll look at it again, but that was my initial reaction. Trying to hold back on too much emotion made him poker faced.

Kirk Feremtz is Iowa's Dick Vermeil. Wants to welt up and cry after every win. I would chalk it up to the Greenwood situation but he's pulled a John Boehner so many times that it's really hard to tell.

I'll take Kirk over Narduzzi acting like a fool on those first downs, whining during every instant replay, etc. You can tell Kirk has been there (winning as a head coach) before and Narduzzi is a noob trying to establish himself as a head coach.

How many of these clown antic coaches ever turn into success stories? It shows a lack of leadership and confidence in my opinion. Act like you're expected to win and you've been there before.

Actually if you kept watching you'd see he had a big smile and gave a little fist pump as he was standing next to MK near the press awaiting the post game interviews.

So....you know....there you go.....and junk.

I saw the fist pump too. I think he thought he was off camera :)

I've been critical of Ferentz in the past, and frankly, I was somewhat hesitant about buying all the "we have examined everything and made changes" mantra he has been spouting. I honestly figured he would take a knee and play for OT. He didn't and I commend him for that. What his new attitude produced was one of the most memorable finishes in Iowa FB history. Nice goin', Coach!

Sorry, but no. Pitt is a quality hard hitting bunch, not sure what game you were watching.

Kurt, I wouldn't worry much about guys like him. They invested so much in the "Kirk sucks and the game has passed him by" scenario that they are now forced to frame even a win against a team like PITT in the most negative light possible in order to support and make sense of what they proclaimed all Winter, Spring and Summer.

I prefer the business-like approach to the Rhoads/Narduzzi/Pelini antics on the sideline. Fine with me.

Honestly, to me, he looked slightly emotional. With everything that's gone down with Sash/Greenwood, and the way we won tonight, I don't blame him.
There is a world of space between how Ferentz reacted and how those you mention act.

It's not a complaint, but it'd be nice to see a smile, some claps, a fist pump, a tear. Anything to show a little emotion.

I have no love lost for the last 5 plus years of the Ferentz era and I place the blame squarely on his shoulders; however, the Ferentz of this year seems to have shed his old skin and turned a new leaf. The Ferentz of the last 5 years would never have went for the win with 50 seconds to go. Instead, he would have played for overtime, like the OSU loss during the Orange Bowl season. The new Ferentz caught Narduzzi and Pitt off guard. Make no mistake that was a tough hitting explosive Pitt team that Iowa beat at Kinnick last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT