ADVERTISEMENT

Did kirk know we won?

I think he knew they just beat a team that was not very good at home and needed a 57 yard FG to do it.

I am not sure they are world beaters but that is a good, tough football team. They are more physical on the defensive side of the ball than anyone we will see in conference play in my opinion. We are not fortunate to win....the guys deserved the win. Frankly at this point it disturbs me that there are some Hawk fans don't feel good enough that we are 3-0. Gosh sake go back and watch games from 2014.

Despite my own criticisms of Ferentz, I think he believes that moments like last night belong to the players. He's shown that over the years, always looks like a coach that has been on the other side of the field before. It's his way.

*(I think that attitude changes a bit when the coach on the other side is Dantonio.)

Despite my own criticisms of Ferentz, I think he believes that moments like last night belong to the players. He's shown that over the years, always looks like a coach that has been on the other side of the field before. It's his way.

*(I think that attitude changes a bit when the coach on the other side is Dantonio.)
This

Though coach Ferentz has never blatantly come out and said it, I think he believes that the business of his program is just that. Antics, celebrations, @$$ chewings, etc are meant to come behind closed doors. You can see this in his interviews, his demeanor on the field, and even in the way his players conduct themselves in their interviews.

Reactions: IowaHawk19
It used to be when we won people loved his act like you've been there before demeanor. They hated it when we lost because he had no emotion.

Now the team is winning, people knew we would be 1-2 at this point and they are reaching for things to bitch about. It's kind of humorous.

This

Though coach Ferentz has never blatantly come out and said it, I think he believes that the business of his program is just that. Antics, celebrations, @$$ chewings, etc are meant to come behind closed doors. You can see this in his interviews, his demeanor on the field, and even in the way his players conduct themselves in their interviews.

BINGO!

Watch the entire BTN post-game. Kirk pumped his fist several times and was obviously thrilled with the win. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Anyone who says that Pitt team isn't any good, was not in the stadium. That was a hard hitting, hungry, very well coached team. That was a good football team we beat last night and they hit as hard as anybody out there.

Good picture of KF congratulating Koehn on the field and he is really grinning, well actually both of them.

I think he knew they just beat a team that was not very good at home and needed a 57 yard FG to do it.
Lol, Hawks win. Deal with it. Maybe next time, buddy.

image.png

Nice reaction. I had to rewind it a few times to see if he even smiled. Hate to bitch about a great win, but c'mon. He was good on the Ia state win. Not even a fist pump.

They showed him dancing right after. You must have missed it. HAWKS

Like him or hate him, that is just who he is. His style is a lack of style. I don't think he measures his successor failures the same way the fans do. I think he already had this game in his "win" column because of Greenwood and the way the team played. He is the same guy when we win or win we piss one down our legs like against Nebby and he says, "that's football". He may change strategy, but he is not going to change his persona.

This isn't his first rodeo. Of the most significant wins, this probably isn't in the top 20. I'd rather Kirk is focused on blowing out UNT than getting SO proud about this win

Reactions: ChosenChildren
A guy gains more than just an enlarged prostate with age, he gains perspective. The kick was spectacular the win was just a win.

Well here's Ferentz grinning like a kid in a candy store:

His non-reaction at the end of the game was knowing there was a camera on him and knowing that every solitary thing he does is scrutinized. He acted like he'd been there before.

I, on the other hand, may have screamed and hugged about 30 strangers.

I've criticized him frequently in recent years for a lack of initiative and killer instinct in on-field decisions. One thing I've always liked is his sideline comportment. Composed, calm. You need a steady hand at the wheel of a ship full of hormone-raging young men. Gets emotional when needed. Enjoys wins without going crazy. Gets mad when appropriate. All that, yes, but generally cool. Perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT