ADVERTISEMENT

Did you “honestly” expect this epic beatdown?

JerseyCityHawki

HB Heisman
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
I will say hell no… not any way shape or form but the Gods over Iowa said so I am damn ok with that… well rounded 4 quarter game and everyone looked sound and really good - hats off to 1 “X” he laid the wood when needed … finally a good game… let’s keep the good times rolling as Iowa can definitely make some noise the rest of the year

I figured it would be like most Iowa games recent memory where they have a slim lead late in the game,
and on 3rd and 6 from the Washington 40 they run up the middle for 2 yards. They hope for a good punt and pray the defense can bail them out once again, while all us fans hold on for dear life while aging on the spot in the process.

Nope, not at all. I feel like we just gave the Huskies a litmus test on the what the upper echelon of the B1G is and they failed. Pretty sure they are now more aware of the transition ala Nebraska when they first joined. It's a grind and looks differently/easier when you're outside of it. The real shocker they'll have is when it gets colder. No longer is it only B1G teams having to go to their stomping grounds to play seemingly every time. We gave them a reality check and it'll be helpful for them long term.

No. I thought Washington was vulnerable defensively, so that Iowa would have success running the ball. But I thought the game would be close and would come down to turnovers.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyesCFP_Lock
I will say hell no… not any way shape or form but the Gods over Iowa said so I am damn ok with that… well rounded 4 quarter game and everyone looked sound and really good - hats off to 1 “X” he laid the wood when needed … finally a good game… let’s keep the good times rolling as Iowa can definitely make some noise the rest of the year
b9cab042-d9c6-42f8-9cfc-7e8bd165eb93_text.gif

No not at all did I think we would see an Iowa beat down. Especially during the first quarter they looked better than Iowa. We know a Washington fan... I was pretty scared to be honest with you ...they looked pretty good at first. He's probably freaking out.

• Haha
No. I figured it would be a game played in the teens or low twenties. They turned it over a ton, missed that early FG. Wheels fell off the bus.

• Haha
Schedule was to Iowas advantage, Washington played Michigan last week in a big game then had to travel 2 time zones to play this week
The Michigan game was at home in Seattle. Iowa was on the road last week at OSU and had their confidence shaken. Washington got to Iowa on Thursday to acclimate. So whatever. As Brock Huard (a former Washington Husky QB) said in the broadcast, "this game was about who handled the details better" Iowa played Iowa football, and the Huskies did not take care of their business. Anything else is an excuse. And for the record Michigan is Meh... this year and I'd take Iowa to beat them by 10 in Kinnick, and if your saying the travel was the big deal then Michigan was at the big disadvantahe last week, so what did Washingtons win really mean?

I didnt see us scoring 40 pts but then again they went for it on 4th down I think 3 times and we stopped them for short fields. At the same time the offense was very efficient, very good with 6 ypc running and close to 8 yards passing.

I heard their OLine was a bit suspect and our pass rush was great. I also heard their run defense was just avg but they loaded up the box and we still ran for 200+. We got the pass rush to disrupt them and great game.

I thought we would win 24 to 17 or 20.

I felt really good about this game going in but didn’t expect what I just witnessed. First game in Kinnick in 3 years. I enjoyed the looks of disbelief on W fan faces. “One does not simply walk into Kinnick.”

Reactions: kceasthawk
I'd add I was impressed with the play of numerous back ups who played on D. Allen and MaxLL were big again, but Nestor, and Lutmer made solid plays as well.....

Not really. I’m curious to see what the final Big Ten standings look like if teams start beating up on each other. With the exception of Ohio State. Could we have a bunch of 2 loss in-conf teams below Iowa?

Not really. I’m curious to see what the final Big Ten standings look like if teams start beating up on each other. With the exception of Ohio State. Could we have a bunch of 2 loss in-conf teams below Iowa?
You think Oregon - if OSU beats them (a big if) - will have 2 losses ?

Iowa's defense had something to do with the "wheels falling off". Not to mention for those complaining about our OL play, the boys mauled the Huskies D for most of the game.....
Washington’s first two possessions were a total of 28 plays, 148 yards, and nearly an entire quarter of game time in possession and they came away with 7 total points after missing a chip shot FG. Their next possession, QB fumbles it and he falls apart. They can’t do anything, start playing from behind, forcing it, turning it over on downs and things snowballed on them.

You think Oregon - if OSU beats them (a big if) - will have 2 losses ?
That Oregon loses 2 in B1G seems possible, but I haven't looked at their schedule. I'm surprised we won today after seeing WA on the first few drives carve up Iowa defense. I don't think today's win means we win out ....we don't have a dominant team to be putting away everybody with ease. There will be more close games if I had to guess.

Washington has some pieces on offense. Rodgers is pretty good but had absolutely no chance today. Coleman is a load and Jackson & Boston can make plays. Again, they had no answer for our d-line which limited what plays they could run.

Reactions: MilleGinja
That Oregon loses 2 in B1G seems possible, but I haven't looked at their schedule. I'm surprised we won today after seeing WA on the first few drives carve up Iowa defense. I don't think today's win means we win out ....we don't have a dominant team to be putting away everybody with ease. There will be more close games if I had to guess.
I think today's win reinforces my expectation of winning out, at least the regular season. 10-2!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT