ADVERTISEMENT

Diesel pickups should be banned. Discuss

Could be, but I’ve seen it many times before. Are they all messing with their trucks in this manner?

This was a fancy truck - not a junker.
It was likely tuned and deleted. It is becoming nearly impossible to get a newer truck deleted. The EPA has gone after the shops and fined them Hundreds of thousands. I have a small 3.0 liter diesel that I would delete in a heartbeat if I could get it done, not to roll coal but for the engine life.

There needs to be a lot higher registration fees for these trucks. They are putting out more emissions than the rest of us.

Sure, Im merely saying it is explicitly illegal to roll coal in a very limited number of states, not everywhere. So enforcement is spotty at best.

It's also illegal to murder, but that still happens.

It was likely tuned and deleted. It is becoming nearly impossible to get a newer truck deleted. The EPA has gone after the shops and fined them Hundreds of thousands. I have a small 3.0 liter diesel that I would delete in a heartbeat if I could get it done, not to roll coal but for the engine life.

That's like the same thing. The emissions controls are what's being "deleted," poisoning us all by putting asthma and cancer causing particulates in the air and heavy metals in our soil and food. All because you imagine you can squeeze a few more years from an old heap?

Owning/modifying diesels is illegal federally.

The problem is over half a million diesels have been illegally modified. I think diesels should be banned until they can invent an "unmodifiable" one that won't run without the cleaning tech installed. Literally killing and poisoning people.

Reactions: billanole and Moral
The problem is over half a million diesels have been illegally modified. I think diesels should be banned until they can invent an "unmodifiable" one that won't run without the cleaning tech installed. Literally killing and poisoning people.
And there would be a half million and 0ne if I could I could get it done, I just can't. 'm not even finding a shop in Canada that can do a gen 3 eco diesel.

Generic conversation with a biologist friend. She said that gasoline pollutants are airborne, while diesel “go to ground”. Suggests that diesel messes with groundwater over the years…

That's like the same thing. The emissions controls are what's being "deleted," poisoning us all by putting asthma and cancer causing particulates in the air and heavy metals in our soil and food. All because you imagine you can squeeze a few more years from an old heap?

Owning/modifying diesels is illegal federally.

Interesting.

I guess then the next question would be: what's the level of contribution of toxicity to the environment? And how does it compare with other sources currently doing the same thing?

It is bad news for all of us.
I'm sure it isn't good. But you get my line of questioning. If we're letting this sort of pollutant go on a massive scale from other sources that dwarfs anything released by diesel trucks, then it's harder to complain so much about the trucks.

That said, most trucks aren't polluting this way, and disallowed to, so if they all were, maybe it would be a significant impact.

438174301_10160356408083472_6653891492123851848_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT