ADVERTISEMENT

Difference between Iowa and Iowa St

Their QB plays a terrible game and still makes enough plays to win when even when everything went wrong.

That is complimentary football, having the offense lay eggs week after week and expecting the defense and special teams to bail you out.
Better athletes at skill positions. Their WRs over the last 10 years puts Iowas to absolute shame.

I'd say it's more of a fact, rather than an excuse.

I would argue that when we play MAC schools that more often than not they have had either a QB, WR, or RB that is better than what we had.

I wonder how it is those teams seem to either discover/develop that talent where we struggle?

It’s funny because we used to say when players transferrred out of the program that they just weren’t good enough to play here. Over the last few years, we’ve have players transfer and go to other schools where they have done very well, and even got drafted and now are playing in the NFL.

Better athletes at skill positions. Their WRs over the last 10 years puts Iowas to absolute shame.

I agree with this. At the TE position we were always better than them but I wouldn’t ever really say our QBs were head and shoulders better. I would absolutely say for the past 20 years that I bet they had better WRs than us almost 90% of the time (DJK, McNutt years being outliers and possibly ISM).

I would say their RBs especially over the past 6 years have been better. Kaleb Johnson is most definitely better this year.

It boggles my mind how most all of the other teams have an offense that makes moving the ball look easy. Watching ISU they have a QB who can elude pressure and make accurate throws. I wonder what that would be like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT