ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Mich St Game Thread*****

Just play Sullivan and build an offense around his skill set. Do the thing almost every other college team does.
We don’t do that at Iowa

We do things the Iowa (Kirk) way and we will not under no circumstances change

Look we has < 60 yards of offense in first half

But we scored 20 points in the second!!

Had a chance

Just gotta execute

That pick by Cade was crazy bad. I just don’t think he can throw the ball more than 25 yards with any degree of knowing where it’s going. It was so sad watching Iowa try to score at the end of the game. Every Iowa fan knew it would end something like that.

But to be honest, it was the defense who did a face plant tonight. They could not get a stop. Second and 19 and they give up a 23 yard pass. That was emblematic of the whole night.

Jake Christiansen

Jake Christensen.
Good comparison, but if I remember correctly, at least Big Jake's terrible short throws were on crossing patterns........ not like Cade on a couple throws tonight's actually rolling out on the same side, no defenders in between, same speed (somewhat), and end up 3 yards off target.

Good comparison, but if I remember correctly, at least Big Jake's terrible short throws were on crossing patterns........ not like Cade on a couple throws tonight's actually rolling out on the same side, no defenders in between, same speed (somewhat), and end up 3 yards off target.
Cade is definitely worse than JC was. But he’s our NIL guy, gotta stick with him.

Cam Miller(Solon 2020 grad) 7/7 72 yds on the final drive for ndsu TD for lead!!
20/27 163yds and 2 TD.

SDSU driving, Gronowski is a heck of a QB as well.

INT by NDSU to seal it.

Congrats to Cam and ndsu, first time beating sdsu in 5 yrs.

Great game between #1 and #2

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
Kirk is a selfish sob. Time to retire and let the next generation take the over. He has no clue how to evaluate QBs. He hurts the entire team for one player.
Problem is KF is so damn selfish and he's hanging on to pass Woody Hayes.
Without looking, I bet KF has lost more football games than any HC in Iowa history.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Kirk ruins quarterbacks.
I was thinking tonight….in KFs 26 years who have we had that was highly successful?

Banks for a year
Chandler for a year?
Tate for a year
CJB for a year or two?
Stanley for two years?

My memory has faded so that may not be accurate, but at face value 7/26 seasons we’ve had good QB play.

I was thinking tonight….in KFs 26 years who have we had that was highly successful?

Banks for a year
Chandler for a year?
Tate for a year
CJB for a year or two?
Stanley for two years?

My memory has faded so that may not be accurate, but at face value 7/26 seasons we’ve had good QB play.
Just posted in another thread but Stanley never really improved either. He wasn't bad just solid. But solid your soph thru senior year hurts the offense. But we can blame Brian for that

Reactions: TailgateTom
I can't remember a time when the defense played that bad. No tackling, no coverage. Just a piss poor overall effort. How in the hell can Iowa not be able to recruit a 2nd corner in the past 3 seasons? Ferentz being ferentz on offense again. The time to pull cade was at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
Same with Tate—great sophomore year then steady decline after.
Here's a simple stat I posted a while back on this board.

EVERY SINGLE multi-year-starter QB (not named Stanley) had fewer wins their final year (at Iowa) than the year prior.
Tate
Stanzi
Vanderbearkiller
Rudock
Beathard
Petras

That's not a coincidence. KF coaches the testosterone out of them. 2012 he didn't want a controversy so Vandy got every snap while an elite-11 QB was used as a punter and another QB named cody sokol would transfer in disgust and lead his new team to a stellar season with a bowl victory. KF is the most stubborn person to ever walk into Kinnick stadium.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT