ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing, but...

OldTownPepe

All-Conference
Feb 9, 2015
I think everybody knew this game could go either way, and Iowa is still in decent shape for the NCAA Tournament - better than last year's "first round" game.
At least we're not Illinois.

GO HAWKS!

It is extra disappointing considering how well Iowa has played recently. Were they overconfident? Were they lucky these last 6 games? Did they feel making the NCAA second round is enough? Did they just have a bad game? Who knows?

With few exceptions, the Hawks just do not play well in the Big Ten Tournament. They rarely get to the weekend. Today was an embarrassment.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the NCAA. I feel they are going to get an 8/9 seed. Will they even win their first game? Again...who knows?

I really hope they can win that first NCAA game. If not, then the season will seem like a disappointment. Sure, they will (probably) have a better seed this year than last....but going 1 and done again is not progress, and would actually feel like a step back.

I wanted Nebraska. Too much garbage three point and hot streak shooting potential for Penn State AND they had finally won a close game against Minnesota so they're playing with confidence now after so many close losses.

Nebraska was a much more vulnerable opponent and still almost beat PSU. It's unfortunate, but hey....f*** Penn State. Lose your game tomorrow.

Ron-Swanson-Chair-Throw.gif

The program is not in good enough shape if "everyone knew" a neutral court game with Penn State "could go either way".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT