ADVERTISEMENT

Disinfectant ‘inside the body’

haw-key

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2011
Trump stated back in April to much ridicule
"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Well well well Look what we have here.......exactly that. A commonly used antiseptic. :)

Intranasal povidone-iodine: A 15-second treatment with an experimental povidone-iodine nasal antiseptic solution appears to inactivate SARS-CoV-2, according to an industry-supported, in vitro study in JAMA Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery. The effect was seen with povidone-iodine concentrations as low as 0.5%. The researchers caution that skin formulations could be toxic if administered intranasally and that the antiseptic should not be used in pregnant women, patients with thyroid disease, or those undergoing radioactive iodine therapy. They conclude: "Transnasal viral inactivation may not only prevent person-to-person spread of SARS-CoV-2, but may also diminish the severity of disease in patients by limiting spread and decreasing viral load delivered to the lungs. Povidone-iodine nasal irrigation may be beneficial for the population at large as an adjunct to mask usage as a means of virus mitigation." Randomized trials are under way.

Source:

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Well well well Look what we have here.......exactly that. A commonly used antiseptic. :)

Intranasal povidone-iodine: A 15-second treatment with an experimental povidone-iodine nasal antiseptic solution appears to inactivate SARS-CoV-2, according to an industry-supported, in vitro study in JAMA Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery. The effect was seen with povidone-iodine concentrations as low as 0.5%. The researchers caution that skin formulations could be toxic if administered intranasally and that the antiseptic should not be used in pregnant women, patients with thyroid disease, or those undergoing radioactive iodine therapy. They conclude: "Transnasal viral inactivation may not only prevent person-to-person spread of SARS-CoV-2, but may also diminish the severity of disease in patients by limiting spread and decreasing viral load delivered to the lungs. Povidone-iodine nasal irrigation may be beneficial for the population at large as an adjunct to mask usage as a means of virus mitigation." Randomized trials are under way.

Source:

JFC, you're not this stupid.

JFC, you're not this stupid.
This is a study from JAMA. It’s a well established journal and this technique is also well established in the eradication of MRSA from nasal passages while typically using another well known antibacterial.

What is it you think is stupid?

I’m not supporting Trumps statements in general in that news conference but he wasn’t entirely off base with his ramblings. That’s my point.

Source:
Just out of curiosity...do you not understand that an antiseptic and a disinfectant aren't the same thing?

How's that for substance, dumbass?

This is a study from JAMA. It’s a well established journal and this technique is also well established in the eradication of MRSA from nasal passages while typically using another well known antibacterial.

What is it you think is stupid?

I’m not supporting Trumps statements in general in that news conference but he wasn’t entirely off base with his ramblings. That’s my point.
Why do you put on this act? You know damn well Trump has never even heard povidone-iodine, let alone understand how it might interfere with covid. He was totally free balling it that day. Spitballing whatever thoughts came across his feeble mind that very moment, when he should have been a real leader, leave the science to the professionals, and just state the facts.

Offer something of value to the topic or GFY.

Tarheelbybirth. Jackassbychoice.
@Wendy79 what is it you have to offer? You’re usually on here offering up expertise on medical topics of which you have little knowledge. Do I need to post some of your medical errors I’m aware of for all to see? I have always, out of respect for another medico, laid off so as not to embarrass you....

As I am sure you know, this would potentially be a breakthrough for those with frequent exposures or accidental ones in a healthcare setting. If it can be born out in confirmatory studies.

This is from JAMA. Have you heard of it? It is a peer reviewed medical publication not prone to publishing foolishness. This article was brought to my attention by the NEJM.

Let’s not be so dismissive of the ‘science’. ‘Listen to the scientists’ amirite?

Reactions: farmandfleet
Why do you put on this act? You know damn well Trump has never even heard povidone-iodine, let alone understand how it might interfere with covid. He was totally free balling it that day. Spitballing whatever thoughts came across his feeble mind that very moment, when he should have been a real leader, leave the science to the professionals, and just state the facts.

Boom!

I didn’t say Trump knew anything about this.

What I am saying is that to those that ridiculed his statements as outlandish and not based on any science did so with just as little knowledge apparently. Thank goodness actual people in the practice of medicine march on regardless of the externalities.

Didn't pick you as one against free balling.

Its not the facts of the science you are talking about. Its the fact that you believe Trump was somehow talking about that.
No he wasn’t. Nor am I suggesting that. That isn’t my point. See my response above.

Don’t make inferences about my intent.

This isn’t about what I think of Trump. It’s about what I think of those that mocked him.

Offer something of value to the topic or GFY.

Tarheelbybirth. Jackassbychoice.
What Trump said was the medical equivalent of saying that there should be a machine that can read our thoughts and then you bring up an article about fMRI. The two aren't even close to being in the same realm. One is simplistic and generic. The other is actual science.

What I am saying is that to those that ridiculed his statements as outlandish and not based on any science did so with just as little knowledge apparently. Thank goodness actual people in the practice of medicine march on regardless of the externalities.

OMFG, dude. Just stop. The day you are highlighting reflects the whims and musings of a complete dumbshit. You doubling down on trying to make Trump out to be some instinctual, idiot savant is a joke.

You are smarter than this and you know HROT is full of bullshitters, so quit trying to bullshit us. LMAO.

What he said was completely reckless.

This wasn't a private meeting with his advisors. This was a briefing specifically aimed at the public looking for guidance. And he told them to look into injecting cleaners.

What he did was beyond reckless. He had no business saying that and you know it. What you're doing here is playing games and putting on this act that somehow he knew anything at all about what he said that day. You know as well as the rest of us that he was making stuff up on the fly when he should have been giving real information.

OMFG, dude. Just stop. The day you are highlighting reflects the whims and musings of a complete dumbshit. You doubling down on trying to make Trump out to be some instinctual, idiot savant is a joke.

You are smarter than this and you know HROT is full of bullshitters, so quit trying to bullshit us. LMAO.
You’re the one that should be smarter than this. Why would you assume i was of the opinion that Trump was some sort of a savant and predicted this? I didn’t say that at all. Or implied it.

Of course not. He’s an idiot and I replied to a thread at the time, to you specifically when you asked me, I thought he was an idiot for this and he should just shut up.

This isn’t a defense of Trump. This is to point out that those that said at the time that this was outlandish should feel just as bad now as something not far from what he suggested appears to have merit. Make sense?

I’m really starting to think this place is toxic.

No he wasn’t. Nor am I suggesting that. That isn’t my point. See my response above.

Don’t make inferences about my intent.

This isn’t about what I think of Trump. It’s about what I think of those that mocked him.

He says stupid things. All the time. What do you expect?

I feel like in these threads you are arguing with yourself because you know better.

Reactions: Tom Paris
What he said was completely reckless.

This wasn't a private meeting with his advisors. This was a briefing specifically aimed at the public looking for guidance. And he told them to look into injecting cleaners.

What he did was beyond reckless. He had no business saying that and you know it. What you're doing here is playing games and putting on this act that somehow he knew anything at all about what he said that day. You know as well as the rest of us that he was making stuff up on the fly when he should have been giving real information.
Good post. I agree with everything you said above. And said so at the time.

Which means maybe you need to take an alternate interpretation of what I might have meant.

Good post. I agree with everything you said above. And said so at the time.

Which means maybe you need to take an alternate interpretation of what I might have meant.
So you agree that he made it up, that there was no science behind it, that he was reckless with public health, and that he wasn't being a real leader.

Good. Glad we're on the same page.

You’re the one that should be smarter than this. Why would you assume i was of the opinion that Trump was some sort of a savant and predicted this? I didn’t say that at all. Or implied it.

Of course not. He’s an idiot and I replied to a thread at the time, to you specifically when you asked me, I thought he was an idiot for this and he should just shut up.

This isn’t a defense of Trump. This is to point out that those that said at the time that this was outlandish should feel just as bad now as something not far from what he suggested appears to have merit. Make sense?

This place has been toxic. Lol. That's half the fun.

So you agree that he made it up, that there was no science behind it, that he was reckless with public health, and that he wasn't being a real leader.

Good. Glad we're on the same page.
Found it. This was my post at the time. For @BlackNGoldBleeder too

So let’s not make assumption how about it?

This place has been toxic. Lol. That's half the fun.
Yeah not really anymore if I’m being honest.

I guess I just need to become a big prick. Except for the small fact that my teenage and college age kids know I post here and I don’t think that sets a very good example at all. No wonder half the country wants to kill the other half.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
@Wendy79 what is it you have to offer? You’re usually on here offering up expertise on medical topics of which you have little knowledge. Do I need to post some of your medical errors I’m aware of for all to see? I have always, out of respect for another medico, laid off so as not to embarrass you....

As I am sure you know, this would potentially be a breakthrough for those with frequent exposures or accidental ones in a healthcare setting. If it can be born out in confirmatory studies.

This is from JAMA. Have you heard of it? It is a peer reviewed medical publication not prone to publishing foolishness. This article was brought to my attention by the NEJM.

Let’s not be so dismissive of the ‘science’. ‘Listen to the scientists’ amirite?
The scientists were talking about disinfecting table tops using disinfectants. They said those disinfectants "killed" the Covid virus. Trump made the leap from THAT to the idea that we should look at injecting disinfectants into people. That's a dumb idea. Why? Because disinfectants are, BY DEFINITION, used on non-living surfaces. They are dangerous when applied to living tissue. Trying to excuse that by posting that an antiseptic Trump never heard of - designed to be used on living tissue - has been found to deactivate the virus reeks of desperation. You should stop.

Last edited:
Will 150 proof moonshine kill coronavirus? It's over 70% alcohol. Who's up for trying? JK not me, those days are gone...

Yeah not really anymore if I’m being honest.

I guess I just need to become a big prick. Except for the small fact that my teenage and college age kids know I post here and I don’t think that sets a very good example at all. No wonder half the country wants to kill the other half.
What's happened to you?

You used to be a pretty sensible contributor not all that long ago.

Now, you're a blithering idiot.

One of the biggest gaslighting a-holes on the board (see this thread topic and "discussion") is complaining about this place being "toxic". Perfect, just perfect.

Yeah, Trump was really on to something with the injecting disinfectant blah blah....JFC...Then complains about the pushback. Again, just perfect Haw Key. Haw haw. So full of shit.

4fdqhp.jpg

Ummm.....

"Trump stated back in April to much ridicule

Well well well Look what we have here.......exactly that. A commonly used antiseptic. :) "

You squirming and furiously spinning is comical.

The scientists were talking about disinfecting table tops using disinfectants. They said those disinfectants "killed" the Covid virus. Trump made the leap from THAT to the idea that we should look at injecting disinfectants into people. That's a dumb idea. Why? Because disinfectants are, BY DEFINITION, used on non-living surfaces. They are dangerous when applied to living tissue. Trying to excuse that by posting that an antiseptic Trump never heard of - designed to be used on living tissue - has been found to deactivate the virus reeks of desperation. You should stop.
Nah you obviously can’t read anything I’ve said or posted above and fail to get the nuance in my post so need to engage you on it any further.

Nah you obviously can’t read anything I’ve said or posted above and fail to get the nuance in my post so need to engage you on it any further.
Nuance? You tried to pass off news about an antiseptic treatment as some kind of off-the-wall vindication of Trump's disinfectant foolishness. Whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here, there's nothing nuanced about it.

Now, if you're trying to pull a Borowitz, I applaud the effort. Satire would be the only feasible defense of that OP.

Ummm.....

"Trump stated back in April to much ridicule

Well well well Look what we have here.......exactly that. A commonly used antiseptic. :) "

You squirming and furiously spinning is comical.
Oh my god. I’m done with the decorum. You’re f***ing stupid. Read my post from April linked above.

That is English I think, perhaps it isn’t your first language.

Reactions: UKGrad93

Really, just the absolute worst. Claims to be medical professional and constantly sprinkles that info around the board. Posts thread that's obviously meant to give the impression to the average message board idiot (coming from a medical professional) that Trump's completely insane/irresponsible/evil blathering on injecting disinfectants was actually some genius jazz riffing that turns out to actually be true!

Of course the backtracking starts almost immediately further down the post in the medical/science mumbo jumbo section that average message board idiot either isn't gonna read or isn't gonna understand.

Then he does his incivility/victim act when he gets the pushback and ridicule he deserves. Brings claimed kids in to put the bullshit cherry on top. Oh, the state of the world these days, as he collapses clutching those pearls.

Just. The. Worst.

Really, just the absolute worst. Claims to be medical professional and constantly sprinkles that info around the board. Posts thread that's obviously meant to give the impression to the average message board idiot (coming from a medical professional) that Trump's completely insane/irresponsible/evil blathering on injecting disinfectants was actually some genius jazz riffing that turns out to actually be true!

Of course the backtracking starts almost immediately further down the post in the medical/science mumbo jumbo section that average message board idiot either isn't gonna read or isn't gonna understand.

Then he does his incivility/victim act when he gets the pushback and ridicule he deserves. Brings claimed kids in to put the bullshit cherry on top. Oh, the state of the world these days, as he collapses clutching those pearls.

Just. The. Worst.
Spot on. If nothing else, he is consistent.

Reactions: Rudolph
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT