ADVERTISEMENT

Div II Danny Woodhead & Div III Nate Kmic...

....are better college running backs than Ron Dayne because they had more yards......said no one ever.

But when it comes to CC we have to incessantly be reminded about Pearl Moore.
Discussing a player who scored more points than CC in a different league and different era does NOT equate to arguing that player is better. Some people -- myself included -- don't really care about records but do care about the history of the game simply for the sake of history. In particular, it helps to better understand the struggle of women in sports to have their efforts recognized and valued as legitimate. The historical messiness and conflict between the AIAW and the NCAA gets at the heart of that topic. It's not about diminishing CC. On the contrary, I'm even more grateful and proud of CC's accomplishments because it has helped shed a light on this issue.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
Discussing a player who scored more points than CC in a different league and different era does NOT equate to arguing that player is better. Some people -- myself included -- don't really care about records but do care about the history of the game simply for the sake of history. In particular, it helps to better understand the struggle of women in sports to have their efforts recognized and valued as legitimate. The historical messiness and conflict between the AIAW and the NCAA gets at the heart of that topic. It's not about diminishing CC. On the contrary, I'm even more grateful and proud of CC's accomplishments because it has helped shed a light on this issue.

Reactions: undersized_post
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT