ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have a house cleaner?

Yes. Her name is Marlene. She is El Salvadorian. She is the wife of Pedro. Pedro is the men's locker room bartender at the country club. She does a fantastic job. She cleans everything and does my laundry and my sheets. $100 every two weeks. She is very unattractive.

We have the worst housekeeper ever. She comes every other week. $50 for 3-4 hours a week. My MIL pays her so that's the only reason we have her. She has cleaned for her for decades and is old. She does our dishes and laundry. Sometimes she'll clean the toilets or floors but that is rare. Most of the time she's straightening our shoes in the closet or making our socks in the drawer look neat instead of look like being thrown in. I hide the good vaccuum from her because she'll run it even if there's a burning smell. So I have a cheapo for her. My wife sometimes will come in and ask if she came today because you really can't tell.

We have the worst housekeeper ever. She comes every other week. $50 for 3-4 hours a week. My MIL pays her so that's the only reason we have her. She has cleaned for her for decades and is old. She does our dishes and laundry. Sometimes she'll clean the toilets or floors but that is rare. Most of the time she's straightening our shoes in the closet or making our socks in the drawer look neat instead of look like being thrown in. I hide the good vaccuum from her because she'll run it even if there's a burning smell. So I have a cheapo for her. My wife sometimes will come in and ask if she came today because you really can't tell.
That is the exact opposite of what I want. My requirements for the bi-weekly visit: clean the toilets/showers/baths; mop all hard surface floors; clean and disinfect all surface tops in kitchen and bathrooms; vaccum all carpet. The rest we do day-to-day (or not).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT