ADVERTISEMENT

Do you make your bed each morning?

Even as a young guy in my 20’s I always made my bed. Just seems slovenly not to.

And for those of you who are protecting your sheets from animal hair…yech.

Pets are part of the family. "Three dog night" is a saying for a reason.

Had to do this as a kid and pretty sure I stopped after college.

If we make the bed it's sometime during the day when we're cleaning up the room. But most days we don't.
Oddly, I always make it the day the maids arrive.
Neither wife and I do and we are in agreement there is zero reason why one would. Didn’t read through the thread but I’d be curious on why people do.

Last edited:
Makes the bed with a person still in it? Goddamn, that type of shit is so foreign to me as a slob lol. Good on him though, that’s discipline right there.
It was weird to me at first. I don’t make my side if he’s still in bed.

Reactions: SolarHawk
I appreciate the aesthetics of a made bed. However, do you people actually like the covers and shit all tight down by your feet? When I approach a made bed, the first thing I do is untuck all of that shit.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
I appreciate the aesthetics of a made bed. However, do you people actually like the covers and shit all tight down by your feet? When I approach a made bed, the first thing I do is untuck all of that shit.
Agree 100% on your last sentence . That’s why we never make ours. And maybe we are just lazy; but I don’t see the point. Never did as a kid and still don’t. My mom made my parents bed, or so I’m told by this board, but never cared if we kids did so maybe that’s why I don’t get it

Neither wife and I do and we are in agreement there is zero reason why one would. Didn’t read through the thread but I’d be curious on why people do.

So I don’t feel I’m living like a slob. I also keep the house tidy, edge our lawn, and a host of other things that aren’t technically necessary but they make me feel better. I also think it trains you to be more disciplined in your day to day activities.

I’m ex military and hell no. Do you also eat your meals in 5 minutes or less while keeping your utensils, plate, glass, and napkin in perfect placement?
USAF, air rescue, we ate when we returned to base, and it didn't matter the time or date,or where we landed the chow hall was always open to us.

USAF, air rescue, we ate when we returned to base, and it didn't matter the time or date,or where we landed the chow hall was always open to us.
I love a good thread hijack! Loved it when we were on a Airbase the chow hall was always open! Also hated when the Air Force passed out those nice inflight meals to their folks, and us Army folks got MREs. I did enjoy ration trading with other countries when deployed

Had to do this as a kid and pretty sure I stopped after college.

If we make the bed it's sometime during the day when we're cleaning up the room. But most days we don't.
Oddly, I always make it the day the maids arrive.
office space no GIF

So I don’t feel I’m living like a slob. I also keep the house tidy, edge our lawn, and a host of other things that aren’t technically necessary but they make me feel better. I also think it trains you to be more disciplined in your day to day activities.
100% fair. The lawn is my hobby and and my wife keeps the house spotless because my mother is allergic to her cats. For some reason though neither of us care about our bed. We are 10 years in our marriage and I still try to hit it out of the shower, so maybe that’s why

Reactions: artradley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT