ADVERTISEMENT

Do you open your back door when strangers knock?

ping72

HR Legend
Jan 14, 2009
Spring is almost here and strangers will be pounding at your back door. I stopped opening a year ago. 99% of the time it's a salesperson.

I wish I stopped ages ago.

Do you open the door when strangers knock? What was the result?

train tunnel GIF

My kids' friends text them when they are outside in order to avoid knocking and probably to avoid me. If the doorbell rings, it's almost guaranteed to be a salesperson.

Reactions: BrianNole777
How terrible is your roof? I’m assuming it must be pretty bad if you could get a lot of roofers knocking on your door looking for business.

It's fine. When neighbors get house work done, workers knock on everyone's door trying to get more sales.

How many of the people that knock on your door are salespeople, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?

It's fine. When neighbors get house work done, workers knock on everyone's door trying to get more sales.

How many of the people that knock on your door are salespeople, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?
I have a long driveway (about the length of a football field). So most of the knocks on my door are people I know looking for me.

In the past six months, I can think of three people who knocked that I did not know. One was a guy running for a political office, one was an ambulance chasing roofer because there was a hailstorm this past summer, and the other one was one of those pest control guys on the Segways. Only the political candidate physically walked down my driveway.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Spring is almost here and strangers will be pounding at your back door. I stopped opening a year ago. 99% of the time it's a salesperson.

I wish I stopped ages ago.

Do you open the door when strangers knock? What was the result?
Is that a euphemism for buttsex?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT