ADVERTISEMENT

Do you own a firearm? Poll

Do you own a firearm?

• Total voters
I answered yes but I believe I only "own" one on a technicality. When my dad was alive and I was visiting Key West he told me to take a 38 he had. I declined so he put it under the back seat of my truck unbeknownst to me. That was probably 18 years ago and I've just never seen a need to get rid of it. I'm not opposed to all guns, just some guns and owned by some people.

Yes, a bunch.

Haven't had them all out in a while, and I've sold a few over the years but, currently (going strictly off memory)

12 rifles
5 shotguns
8 pistols

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
No guns and I have always refused to have one in my house. I still hate them and would prefer to not have one but living in the mountains now we may have to consider it. I won’t learn to shoot it. I just won’t. So it’ll be up to my husband to decide if he thinks he needs it.
If you live in the country where you say you live, around westcliffe, and don’t a a gun for home defense, that’s just delusional. I have hunted around there and there are so many crazies living out of their cars and stuff out there.
The sheriff’s department response time to your house is probably an hour if you’re lucky.

• Wow
Personal carry or home defense?

Since I'm considering an AR-15 style weapon I guess home defense.

Just don't feel comfortable with handguns for multiple reasons.

Not sure what type of property you're on but if you're set on an AR, look at Daniel Defense.

If you change your mind on handguns, look at a Glock 19.

I answered yes but I believe I only "own" one on a technicality. When my dad was alive and I was visiting Key West he told me to take a 38 he had. I declined so he put it under the back seat of my truck unbeknownst to me. That was probably 18 years ago and I've just never seen a need to get rid of it. I'm not opposed to all guns, just some guns and owned by some people.
Yikes.
That’s the kind of ‘favor’ that could get you in a real pinch with law enforcement.

Buddy of mine bought a cheap van (<$1000) while in college. About two weeks into owning it he jammed the brakes to stop unexpectedly and a revolver slid out from under the driver’s seat.

He was afraid he had been stuck with a murder weapon or something and turned it over to campus police.

I have my Grandfather’s 870 around someplace.
Some of you guys say things that make my heart hurt.

Please tell me you don't have a 870 wingmaster sitting somewhere unused. That is a truly fine instrument and someone would love to have it. If it is your "grandpas" it's likely all metal internals and you cannot buy that anymore.

At minimum man shoot it. Make gramps happy.

remington870wingmaster2.jpg

Last edited:
Some of you guys say things that make my heart hurt.

Please tell me you don't have a 870 wingmaster sitting somewhere unused. That is a truly fine instrument and someone would love to have it. If it is your "grandpas" it's likely all metal internals and you cannot buy that anymore.

At minimum man shoot it. Make gramps happy.

remington870wingmaster2.jpg

I will investigate and let you know.

Tough to find a place to shoot shotguns in downtown St. Louis …

I will let that softball just hang in the air for someone to take it deep.

Yeah. I love the lore. Freaking IBM was a major manufacturer of m1 carbine.

Nice gun have you tried tracking it at all through stamps and numbers?
Yes. It's been completely restored. It's accurate with iron flip sights, and obviously the .30-06 flies well and makes a nice hole. It's tough on a shoulder though.

Last edited:
If you live in the country where you say you live, around westcliffe, and don’t a a gun for home defense, that’s just delusional. I have hunted around there and there are so many crazies living out of their cars and stuff out there.
The sheriff’s department response time to your house is probably an hour if you’re lucky.
Interesting. We were more worried about bears or something trying to get our dog. Maybe a snake. We can go days without seeing a car other than the mail lady. Not that it’s far away but the crazier area to me is more Fremont county. But I’m new so I could definitely be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT