ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think this game is going to be close this weekend?

I just want Lester to be the one making the decisions for the play calling.....all game.
If we are up by 10 I don't want to get overly conservative......run the offense.....all game.

And if we are up by 20 in the 4th give Sullivan some meaningful snaps.....oh and continue to run the offense.

Reactions: BonzoFury and AEG82
I will expect every game to be close until the end of time, I die, or Kirk resigns, whichever comes first. I have been conditioned to believe that no lead will ever be big enough, and that opponent will always be given a window of opportunity in the fourth quarter. Having a killer instinct isn't nice.

🤷‍♂
Ever heard of Mulvaspills54 ?
I feel like this thread is a curse upon us all....

I'm hoping me pointing out the thread title, and mentioning this, fixes everything, I'm skeptical though, and we may all have to "Reap It"

Maybe OP should post a picture of his jacket just to be safe.

This nugget interested me from the ESPN article from Bill Simmons this morning:

"Current line: Iowa -3 | SP+ projection: Iowa by 7.8 | FPI projection: Iowa by 8.9"

The SP+ projection and FPI Projection make more sense to me than the line.

I will expect every game to be close until the end of time, I die, or Kirk resigns, whichever comes first. I have been conditioned to believe that no lead will ever be big enough, and that opponent will always be given a window of opportunity in the fourth quarter. Having a killer instinct isn't nice.
I'm the opposite once we get up by like 14 or so, the Phil defense ain't letting that slip away.

Reactions: AEG82
I fear that we put something on tape that ISU is good enough to exploit On Harris’ pick, he makes a play and jumps the underneath route. A great play by Harris no doubt, but also a very dangerous one.

A double-move/pump fake with a similar route combination, and there might be a lot of green behind Jermari.
Coop would have done what Harris did.

Coop would have done what Harris did.
Agreed.

But if I was ISU’s OC studying tape, that play would catch my attention, and I would be looking for an opportunity to exploit that aggression.

To Harris’ credit, his jumping the route looked to be an adjustment/read from a play Ill. St. hit earlier.

Now, watch Phil throw the same look at ISU but have X slide over hard post-snap and catch ISU trying to pull a double-move.

I freaking love the cat and mouse of football.

Reactions: BonzoFury
there are reports that the offense has looked in practice this week...
which means there are problems on defense..
anybody else seriously concerned with our defense going into this game?
I am very concerned.

For the Clones.

As to the OP question. I do not think it will be close.

• Love
Reactions: JoeyHowl
34-10 with one defensive or special teams TD. 250 yards rushing. The only way we lose this one is if Cade continues to throw off his back foot and gets picked a couple of times.

• Love
Reactions: JoeyHowl
Told a ya so

Reactions: AEG82
It shouldn't be but it's Iowa vs. ISU. These games always seem closer than they should be the last decade or so. I want to say we win by 2-3 touchdowns but the residual from the past three years says 3-10 points is more likely and possibly under. If we play well on offense, good things will come. I think if we score 17, that'll be enough overall but would really hope for about 30 to get the two or three touchdown difference win.

I think it'll be 27-13 Iowa. Hope I'm wrong and it's 42-3 though.
Should've known better. I got excited after the first games performance, won't do that again.

Not sure how to read ISU… they’re definitely good but the loss of Bacon 🥓 Iowa should impose its will and run the ball and keep the defense honest and then that will definitely open up the passing vice versa… I think Iowa’s defense will once again prevail and be the difference maker and win by 10 or 17 points - crowd needs to be into it early and often and be patient with them… I would love to see a 35-0 blanking of ISU… who knows though- that’s why they lace em up
I am replying to myself YOU STUPID MOTHER F>{€]€{^{! How dare you think a head and how dare you think this game was going to be a blowout by Iowa! This was simply a loss like the 2016 NDSTATE game in 2016 - shit my pants 👖 and left with my tail between my legs … this one is bad very very bad .. at least I have the ufc and watch something worth while … good lord that was such a bad loss and it’s all on the coaches … see ya KF… U GONE

You see this every year. "We're gonna kill/boat race/whoop/etc etc" but it doesn't happen. Iowa normally gets the wins, but rarely kills anyone and tends to find a way to lose to lesser teams.

I just want Lester to be the one making the decisions for the play calling.....all game.
If we are up by 10 I don't want to get overly conservative......run the offense.....all game.

And if we are up by 20 in the 4th give Sullivan some meaningful snaps.....oh and continue to run the offense.
Actually this guy called it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT