ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think this is appropriate for high school math books?

Do you think the racism bar graph is appropriate for middle school math class?

• Yes. It’s fine. I would also be fine with a graph that showed murders by race.

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Yes. THAT graph is ok. But if they showed “homicides by race” I’d be against it.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • No. That’s not OK. Neither graph is appropriate..

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • No. The graphs are actually true. But my issue is they have nothing to do with the subject at all.

Votes: 16 25.0%

• Total voters

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
It’s an obvious attempt by some progressive at the math book creator to slip in some ideological garble about how conservatives are more racist than liberals. I don’t think that can be denied.

The question is, is it OK to allow this graph in math books at high schools.
florida-banned-math-textbooks-feat-image.jpg

Also, if this graph was “homicides by race” instead and showed that blacks were committing a large portion of murders, would that be OK to use this graph in a math book?

lead-internal-3.jpg

Last edited:
Implicit bias is an important concept. I would argue middle school is an appropriate level to be discussing it. We absolutely must help our youth understand these things and critically think to come to an independent opinion.

And yet… Putting it in a math book is a super weird look and inappropriate. I dont understand wtf people are thinking sometimes.

Systemic overload is an integral propaganda and brainwashing technique. Don't give the subject time to think over a subject just inundate them until their behavior adjusts itself accordingly.
Systemic overload is an integral propaganda and brainwashing technique. Don't give the subject time to think over a subject just inundate them until their behavior adjusts itself accordingly. Got it comrade. Systemic overload is an integral propaganda and brainwashing technique. Don't give the subject time to think over a subject just inundate them until their behavior adjusts itself accordingly

Reactions: ironside1
It’s an obvious attempt by some progressive at the math book creator to slip in some ideological garble about how conservatives are more racist than liberals. I don’t think that can be denied.

The question is, is it OK to allow this graph in math books at middle schools.
florida-banned-math-textbooks-feat-image.jpg

Also, if this graph was “homicides by race” instead and showed that blacks were committing a large portion of murders, would that be OK to use this graph in a math book?

lead-internal-3.jpg
No, neither one is appropriate because they both introduce sensitive and highly contentious information without context. Math is not social science and there are plenty of neutral topics that could be employed to convey the same mathematical principles.

No, neither one is appropriate because they both introduce sensitive and highly contentious information without context. Math is not social science and there are plenty of neutral topics that could be employed to convey the same mathematical principles.
"Math is not a social science" Lol. Math isn't a science, it's a concept or methodology used in sciences, including lots of social sciences. Economics, anyone?

if this was in an actual middle school math book, i would say it would be inappropriate. The math lesson could probably be taught using different verbage.

Can you answer if there is an actual source that shows that the graphs in the OP were actually from a middle school math book?
They were...according to Mauer’s Show last night. This exact text book example was used.
It is important to remember that of all the books scrutized by Florida cons, THIS is the most egregious example they could come up with...their were 3 other examples shown but this is the worst.
Plus...it was never discussed how many school’s in Florida use this particular school book in their curriculum. How big of a problem is this in Florida? Is it a problem, or is it someone looking for a problem?

The text book maker could use ANY other information to illustrate a graph, they choose racial murder.....WTF!?

I can see why it was banned. Information like that is important but not in that context or setting.

Reactions: LeonRussell
They were...according to Mauer’s Show last night. This exact text book example was used.
It is important to remember that of all the books scrutized by Florida cons, THIS is the most egregious example they could come up with...their were 3 other examples shown but this is the worst.
Who is Mauer?
did Mauer put this exact picture up or did he provide anything other than a picture that OP posted showing that it came from a specific textbook that was actually used in a middle school classroom?

Saw this on Bill Maher’s show, last night. Bill claimed to have reviewed all the examples (not sure how if only 4 were released) and said there only 4 that seemed problematic in any way. He showed the above chart as the ONLY one that he really had a problem with.

I would agree that this subject matter is not necessary for teaching middle school math concepts. However, I would have no problem at all if any of the charts above were used in a middle-school social sciences class.

I suspect that the poster above, mentioning the connection to Youngkin’s private equity group, is the one on the right track regarding what’s really going on here.

Who is Mauer?
did Mauer put this exact picture up or did he provide anything other than a picture that OP posted showing that it came from a specific textbook that was actually used in a middle school classroom?
Yep...
You might wanna view “this week’s” progrM...this was the shows theme for he and his “panel”.. two female journalists one from CNN and one from a magazine...The Atlantic? Maybe?.

As if it will make a difference for you.
https://www.fldoe [QUOTE="FAUlty Ga...cs/standards/instructional-materials/[/QUOTE]

LOL “DISCLAIMER: Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public”

As if it will make a difference for you.
Lol. DISCLAIMER: Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public

El oh f*cking el

90% of conservatives are pedophiles.

i dont need to provide a link to back up my statement. do your own research
You have several posts on this thread. All of them acting like a whiny baby who needs someone to cut his meat. If you typed two words into google you’d be given a million sources. Instead
Lol. DISCLAIMER: Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public
Great. The math books were denied weren’t they? Are you saying they didn’t look through the book and see those in there before canceling them? Those were the four examples they chose that were provided to them by the public.

You have several posts on this thread. All of them acting like a whiny baby who needs someone to cut his meat. If you typed two words into google you’d be given a million sources. Instead
No,
I see you posting an image on a messageboard saying its from a math book used in middle school.
You dumbshit conservatives always love to say how easy everything is to find with a google search, but somehow providing links is too much to ask for to cote your sources
JFC

No,
I see you posting an image on a messageboard saying its from a math book used in middle school.
You dumbshit conservatives always love to say how easy everything is to find with a google search, but somehow providing links is too much to ask for to cote your sources
JFC
Post 31 while continuing to be afraid of the subject. Just admit it…you’re too afraid to wade in waters where you have to admit the left is fvcking insane. We have a bunch of you here. No worries. I’ll just throw you on the pile.

Yep...
You might wanna view “this week’s” progrM...this was the shows theme for he and his “panel”.. two female journalists one from CNN and one from a magazine...The Atlantic? Maybe?.
Who is Mauer?
Did he have the book or just the picture that conservatives like faulty are using?

What book is it from and what class is that book being used?
Here’s the book. Now get to moving the goalposts to where you can continue to ignore the subject.

Looks like Arizona had the same problem.

Reactions: your_master5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT