ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think this is appropriate for high school math books?

Do you think the racism bar graph is appropriate for middle school math class?

• Yes. It’s fine. I would also be fine with a graph that showed murders by race.

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Yes. THAT graph is ok. But if they showed “homicides by race” I’d be against it.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • No. That’s not OK. Neither graph is appropriate..

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • No. The graphs are actually true. But my issue is they have nothing to do with the subject at all.

Votes: 16 25.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone know for sure what the process is for (Florida) school district’s choosing text books for their schools?
I would think this might be important information, central to this text book controversy. State’s vary in how their text books are selected. BCk in the day I used to follow “ the politics” of text book writing/publishing/distribution. It was fraught with potential to be really dirty then, and I bet it hasn’t changed much in the 3-4 decades since. I remember that California and (especially) Texas has an inordinate influence on text books and their content because of how the text book business was conducted. I believe those two stTes mandate the same texts be used by all public school districts. With the size of the. Public schools in those two states, text books were pretty much tailored to accommodate the desires of these two states"

Here’s the book. Now get to moving the goalposts to where you can continue to ignore the subject.

Looks like Arizona had the same problem.
How would i move the goalposts? I already acknowledged it would be i appropriate itt.

I dont know why its like pulling teeth for conservatives to cite sources.

Reactions: globalhawk
Here’s the book. Now get to moving the goalposts to where you can continue to ignore the subject.

Looks like Arizona had the same problem.

So, it's actually a high school book

Reactions: win4jj and IA_HAWKI
Algebra is still considered a high school level course. While many schools do offer the opportunity for 8th graders to take algebra, that doesn't make it middle school and they often receive high school credits for taking it.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I think we all need to just settle down. There's plenty of "right-wing" propaganda in textbooks. Like girls have a vagina, boys have a penis.
giphy.gif

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Did faulty change the thread title to high school while leaving the poll up as middle school.

holeee shit @FAUlty Gator
Lol…I corrected the original post from middle school to high school as if it matters which group you are telling that a certain group of people are most racist.
@FAUlty Gator was so quick to reply earlier. now that he has moved the goalpost and edited his thread title and OP and left the poll, will he be as quick to cone back and take his L
Yeah…Saturday morning, everyone is glued to Message boards like you.

Here you are in the thread agreeing with the Florida Governor but trying so desperately to camouflage it by doing everything you can to deflect attention away from the fact that you agree with DeSantis and FLDOE.

I mean that is the case right? You did admit you don’t think the graph is appropriate, right? It’s good you can put your politics aside and agree with Ron DeSantis on issues of race and wokism. Good for you and DeSantis.

Lol…I corrected the original post from middle school to high school as if it matters which group you are telling that a certain group of people are most racist.

Yeah…Saturday morning, everyone is glued to Message boards like you.

Here you are in the thread agreeing with the Florida Governor but trying so desperately to camouflage it by doing everything you can to deflect attention away from the fact that you agree with DeSantis and FLDOE.

I mean that is the case right? You did admit you don’t think the graph is appropriate, right? It’s good you can put your politics aside and agree with Ron DeSantis on issues of race and wokism. Good for you and DeSantis.
You were pretty damn quick to respond earlier. In your framing of your original post of “middle school” i said it was inappropriate.

If your original post and your poll specifies high school, the book doesnt bother me

You still are a goalpost moving piece of shit

Reactions: fredjr82
You were pretty damn quick to respond earlier. In your framing of your original post of “middle school” i said it was inappropriate.

If your original post and your poll specifies high school, the book doesnt bother me

He’ll never admit to being wrong. He doesn’t have that gene.

Hort liberals: 32% of books were rejected! We don't even know why but rabble rabble rabble!

Here's some examples.

HL: Where did this come from? No source! You came up with bullshit!

Here are a couple sources.

HL: OMG! You manufacture this topic and whine about everything!!

Actually you were the ones to start winning and screaming about this topic.

HL: Show me the school that this was used or its fake!

It wasn't used. It was rejected before it got used. That was the whole point.

HL: ?

Reactions: red/green hawk

Awwww…wittle baby doesn’t wike me? So sad.

So, it’s NOT OK to tell 13 year olds that Conservatives are racist in math class but it’s perfectly fine to tell 14 year olds that...in math class. Cool. Glad we could finally lock down your opinion on the matter.

So, it’s NOT OK to tell 13 year olds that Conservatives are racist in math class but it’s perfectly fine to tell 14 year olds that...in math class. Cool. Glad we could finally lock down your opinion on the matter.
Hey…you’ve got Kee on your side. That right there should tell you something.

look at you twisting words. Your example in the OP doesn’t mention conservatives being racists.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Does anyone know for sure what the process is for (Florida) school district’s choosing text books for their schools?
I would think this might be important information, central to this text book controversy. State’s vary in how their text books are selected. BCk in the day I used to follow “ the politics” of text book writing/publishing/distribution. It was fraught with potential to be really dirty then, and I bet it hasn’t changed much in the 3-4 decades since. I remember that California and (especially) Texas has an inordinate influence on text books and their content because of how the text book business was conducted. I believe those two stTes mandate the same texts be used by all public school districts. With the size of the. Public schools in those two states, text books were pretty much tailored to accommodate the desires of these two states"
Go read the website for the florida dept of ed joel. Stop relying on CNN to "inform" you.

Reactions: goldmom
look at you twisting words. Your example in the OP doesn’t mention conservatives being racists.
LOL it doesn't? Did you see the highlighted graph on the right? Are you really gonna say that? Go figure Paris would like your dumb post.

IM-Picture1.png

“Where’s the link” is HROT leftist code for “I know you’re right but I don’t want to admit to that so I’d like to delay this as long as possible.”

You know how we know that’s the case? Because if they KNOW you’re wrong, they’ll be back with a link proving it within two posts.
LOL it doesn't? Did you see the highlighted graph on the right? Are you really gonna say that? Go figure Paris would like your dumb post.

IM-Picture1.png
That poster just ASKS for links and information. Once material is presented he doesn’t actually look at the shit. Just more delay and deflect tactics.

You do know there is a difference between racist and orejudice, right?
Lol…you know how you can tell when someone has lost? When they start getting into semantics and start to argue the difference between things like “racial prejudice” and “racism”.

And if there actually is, as you suggest, I’m sure that will be explained IN MATH CLASS.

I think the graph in the OP could be educational if there was also discussion about the fact that online tests are not reliable due to the fact that the sample is not controlled. They could discuss factors that influence the results such as access, interest, representative numbers, etc. Without being able to review the entire lesson it is impossible to decide the value of the graph in the lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT