ADVERTISEMENT

Doch interview with Rhabdo Chris Doyle

So, either they didn't see it, one of these groups is lying, or they saw it but didn't necessarily see what the other players went thru as racist behavior from Doyle.

I don't believe many players accused Kirk of being racist.
Or how about, it didn't exist anywhere the level many were alleging?

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Or how about, it didn't exist anywhere the level many were alleging?
I've more or less fallen into the zone where I think there was stuff going on that many players found created the racial bias atmosphere that was existing there; and that Doyle was at the center of it. I don't think it was anything like what the players who participated in the lawsuit alleged.

Ultimately, I think it was necessary that Doyle leave the program, and that changes were made.

I've more or less fallen into the zone where I think there was stuff going on that many players found created the racial bias atmosphere that was existing there; and that Doyle was at the center of it. I don't think it was anything like what the players who participated in the lawsuit alleged.

Ultimately, I think it was necessary that Doyle leave the program, and that changes were made.
Can't disagree with that. Just wish Dillon Doyle had stayed and BF had bolted. Alas...

Honestly, where would Doyle have been played the past couple of years? Not like we've had weak LB play the past couple years.
Baylor put him in as FB and quasi TE on offense at times in addition to defense. If I remember correctly he had a TD against Iowa State in Ames when with Baylor.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Don’t you know….everything is racist nowadays. 😉
NO It isnt but a lot is or has racist roots. Our nation still denies the past due to how uncomfortable it is.

I posted a thread about in 1958 a small Iowa school hiring a black band teacher which was unheard of then and how he had to interview with all board members not required for white applicants. Did this yesterday. Not one comment.

NO It isnt but a lot is or has racist roots. Our nation still denies the past due to how uncomfortable it is.

I posted a thread about in 1958 a small Iowa school hiring a black band teacher which was unheard of then and how he had to interview with all board members not required for white applicants. Did this yesterday. Not one comment.
Ok, but what country did not have slaves?? DId you know there were tons of white slaves sold in North Africa at one time?? How about the people from China who built the railways here, that was pretty much slavery. If we are talking roots, nobody in any country has room to talk. Plus it still goes on today in sweat shops, child labor and sex traffic. So yeah I think everyone knows that all races were both slaves and owners at one time. No country is without a past, Sooner we more on from that, maybe the sooner we can address the problems still going on in the world.

Almost no one denies the racism in our dark past.

Lots of people will argue with you about how prevalent it is today, however. Or about how much we need to continually account for the racism of the past, yet today.

Ok, but what country did not have slaves?? DId you know there were tons of white slaves sold in North Africa at one time?? How about the people from China who built the railways here, that was pretty much slavery. If we are talking roots, nobody in any country has room to talk. Plus it still goes on today in sweat shops, child labor and sex traffic. So yeah I think everyone knows that all races were both slaves and owners at one time. No country is without a past, Sooner we more on from that, maybe the sooner we can address the problems still going on in the world.
Your argument is the denial regardless of other nations. By war of 1812 the Brits offered freedom.

Lots of people will argue with you about how prevalent it is today, however. Or about how much we need to continually account for the racism of the past, yet today.
When we recognize the true state of discrimination as it exists today. It is real.

Exactly. I mean let's just look at some of the arguments here. Someone said something about the kind of music being played. Ummm hello, not everyone likes all kinds of music. That is not racism, but they try and make it into it. I mean personally, idc what anyone listens to in their own time, but last thing I want to do is walk into Target and them blarring some crap about WAP or whatever these people are "singing" about these days. Target is not going to allow that kind of music to be played in the store either. Not because target is racist, but because it is bad for business and the majority does not want to hear it.

Exactly. I mean let's just look at some of the arguments here. Someone said something about the kind of music being played. Ummm hello, not everyone likes all kinds of music. That is not racism, but they try and make it into it. I mean personally, idc what anyone listens to in their own time, but last thing I want to do is walk into Target and them blarring some crap about WAP or whatever these people are "singing" about these days. Target is not going to allow that kind of music to be played in the store either. Not because target is racist, but because it is bad for business and the majority does not want to
It does seem by the way you describe above that it is difficult for you to look the truthvsquaee in the eye.

It does seem by the way you describe above that it is difficult for you to look the truthvsquaee in the eye.
Hardly. I would say the same about you. The truth is, racism is not near as wide spread as some people would like to think. I mean, look, nobody thought anything of a black woman on a syrup bottle or a black man on a rice box, except that they were probably good cooks. BUT OTHERS saw something different AND THEY decided it was racist and wanted it removed. So really who is the racists in said situation??? Because like I said nobody else even thought about race, just that they were good cooks.

Interesting for sure. Kirk was surely in a tough spot. I know Doyle ended up the scapegoat. If he had thrown his support 100% behind Doyle would they have set a match to the whole program and everyone of the coaches been canned when they brought in a new regime?
kf shoulda said "if he goes I go" ...he shoulda stood by doyle./ shoulda woulda coulda

Hardly. I would say the same about you. The truth is, racism is not near as wide spread as some people would like to think. I mean, look, nobody thought anything of a black woman on a syrup bottle or a black man on a rice box, except that they were probably good cooks. BUT OTHERS saw something different AND THEY decided it was racist and wanted it removed. So really who is the racists in said situation??? Because like I said nobody else even thought about race, just that they were good cooks.
You just did it again. I hope you take the blinders off. Good day

You live in a white neighborhood in a nice house?
Fair comment and yes. We had a BLM march and I was a participant. Was pretty peaceful until the officer when talking to an organizer put a hand on her.

Been in the same house 34 years. One was in a mixed neighborood but this is the one that was accepted. Prior to that we lived across from a project that was mixed.

Where I live still doesnt address attitudes and it wont change until the issues are fully acknowledged..

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
Fair comment and yes. We had a BLM march and I was a participant. Was pretty peaceful until the officer when talking to an organizer put a hand on her.

Been in the same house 34 years. One was in a mixed neighborood but this is the one that was accepted. Prior to that we lived across from a project that was mixed.

Where I live still doesnt address attitudes and it wont change until the issues are fully acknowledged..
I think you lie. What city do you live in?

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I don't think he lies, I just think he does not think things through far enough. The whole statement about going on a BLM march says it all. All lives matter. To select any other option, shows bias and when talking about race, bias is racism.
What is your point in remarking that "all lives matter?"

You do realize that has nothing to do with the "black lives matter" movement and mantra?

The statement that "black lives matter" is a reflection that that black communities tend to get over-policed. When moments of crisis are reached - mortal violence is to often realized. Folks who speak about "black lives matter" do not want black lives to be devalued.

Furthermore, there are long-standing political narratives that misrepresent black communities ... many centering around single-black mothers. These narratives are almost invariably malicious and they are perceived as being highly insulting to black-communities. Again ... we're talking about narratives that devalue the lives of many. Folks who speak about "black lives matter" try to redirect the narrative and supply a more community-oriented notion of family.

Many folks are simply ignorant and misunderstand or mischaracterize "black lives matter" ... as suggesting that the connotation is that they matter more than other lives. Frankly, it's more of a plea ... to simply get folks to recognize that they matter (at all).

It's worth noting that many of the concerns voiced by "black lives matter" evangelists are concerns equally applicable to many folks ... particularly, those who live in impoverished communities. However, the issues aren't wholly socioeconomic. There statistics out there are rather damning concerning the over-policing of poor brown-communities. I urge folks to survey your friends ... of all backgrounds ... and ask about the frequency that they've been pulled over by the police. It's downright embarrassing how often some of my black-friends have been pulled over - for no reason whatsoever! Whereas, whenever I've been pulled over ... it's always been for something like having a bad headlight, out-of-date registration, or speeding.

If you've read any works like "Just Mercy" ... then you know that what we currently see caught on camera is just the tip of the iceberg of what the black-community has had to endure for decades "off camera." Thank goodness for body-cams (and cell-phones) ... it's making it harder for bad behavior to go unnoticed ... which is hopefully reducing the bad behavior.

I don't think he lies, I just think he does not think things through far enough. The whole statement about going on a BLM march says it all. All lives matter. To select any other option, shows bias and when talking about race, bias is racism.
As stated before ny mom was friends with Roger Maxwell. I work for a University. I live in a town 8n the metro area of a BIG. Roger was a gracious black educator musician. My mom taught with him. You should look him up.

I became friends of the guardian uncle of a BIG bb player l8ving in our town which is like Ankeny only with some minorities. You if you are really a Hawk fan had seen him play.

The couple had 2 daughters. I know them. Very nice family. They were 13 yo. The police here dont give many tickets for anything. I witnessed this. One of the girls walking home from from the frocery store in daylight cut across the intersection diagonally was stopped and ticketed for jay walking. Only ticket for a pedestrian Ive heard about in plus 30 years. I marched for the family. Most of the marchers were white as was the local college student and recent local hs grad.

Things were peaceful. Most of tgevspeakers were local and both races. The police chief even spokke in support. He agreed to provide road blocks to protect marchers. He spoke at the gathering about his support as an officer and that he had a black nephew.

It all went well except when the chief changed plans to restrict one location during the march. He didnt excpect that many people. The white organizer jumped back and yelled at the chief when he put his hand on her shoulder in the conversation. You dont do that to any woman you dont know. I myself have ptsd from childhood abuse and would have reacted too. The media caught that reaction and showed her yelling at him only.

I marched for my black friends. I marched for the 13 year old. I marched for Iowa player Faith.

It was uncomfortable to march but I and 1000 other white people did. Im a registered republican. I work in ag managing farms and in ag ed for the U. I have never voted for a non R president. My first vote was for Reagan.

Yes all lives matter. But racist blatant and stealth attitudes arent changing until whites decide to make a difference which starts with seeing the issues which are real.

My guess is that you havent really thought through why the anthem is wrong and offensive to many blacks. That might be a start. To at least try and understand.

My guess is that it us you that needs to fully think thru race issues and actually try and do something to make a difference other than indifference.

What is your point in remarking that "all lives matter?"

You do realize that has nothing to do with the "black lives matter" movement and mantra?

The statement that "black lives matter" is a reflection that that black communities tend to get over-policed. When moments of crisis are reached - mortal violence is to often realized. Folks who speak about "black lives matter" do not want black lives to be devalued.

Furthermore, there are long-standing political narratives that misrepresent black communities ... many centering around single-black mothers. These narratives are almost invariably malicious and they are perceived as being highly insulting to black-communities. Again ... we're talking about narratives that devalue the lives of many. Folks who speak about "black lives matter" try to redirect the narrative and supply a more community-oriented notion of family.

Many folks are simply ignorant and misunderstand or mischaracterize "black lives matter" ... as suggesting that the connotation is that they matter more than other lives. Frankly, it's more of a plea ... to simply get folks to recognize that they matter (at all).

It's worth noting that many of the concerns voiced by "black lives matter" evangelists are concerns equally applicable to many folks ... particularly, those who live in impoverished communities. However, the issues aren't wholly socioeconomic. There statistics out there are rather damning concerning the over-policing of poor brown-communities. I urge folks to survey your friends ... of all backgrounds ... and ask about the frequency that they've been pulled over by the police. It's downright embarrassing how often some of my black-friends have been pulled over - for no reason whatsoever! Whereas, whenever I've been pulled over ... it's always been for something like having a bad headlight, out-of-date registration, or speeding.

If you've read any works like "Just Mercy" ... then you know that what we currently see caught on camera is just the tip of the iceberg of what the black-community has had to endure for decades "off camera." Thank goodness for body-cams (and cell-phones) ... it's making it harder for bad behavior to go unnoticed ... which is hopefully reducing the bad behavior.

Policing tends to be proportional to the criminal activity. Call it what you want, I guess, but that's not racism.

Well, I would hope you would agree that America has made improvements in race relations since 1958. 😉

Exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT