ADVERTISEMENT

Does Harris get a bump in the polls?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters
I don't think it moves the polls much. But I do think it was a huge performance for her because of money.

Any potential Dem donor that was sitting on their hands until they were sure she wasn't going to shit the bed, should be comfortable writing the check now.

More importantly is the opposite. The Trump campaign needs money, and if you were potential or former Trump donor that has been slow to donate this time, nothing about that performance is motivating you to get back in the Trump business. He looked undisciplined, dumb, and like a loser. And Kamala didn't look terrifying.

Republicans needed a debate that activated lapsed/skeptical Republican donors, and neither Trump nor Harris provided that.

I'm guessing she'll get 3% in the next 2 weeks.

If there's another debate, Trump can't blow off the prep, and he should abandon personal attacks. Sure the moderators were biased, but that should have been expected. He owned himself last night. She wasn't strong, but he was very weak.
Biased? Maybe towards Trump by number of times he was allowed to speak compared to her. He lied 33 times and only got pushback on 4-5 of those. So I guess they were a little biased in your guy's favor.

You still have around 2 months til the election. In my opinion there are still some things that could sway the election. The economy begins to slow quickly. This is not a base case, but the economy is cooling, could it accelerate, it could and if so could sway some to the republican side. There is also the possibility of a major international event. This could really go either way. As it stands, Harris is in the lead, but 2 months ago I would have told you Trump would be our next president. Things can move quickly in politics.
Two things imo . Economy and all out war in Mideast. Iran openly attacks Israel and it becomes a War on three fronts for them. Feeds into the chaos narrative.

It's absolutely unfathomable. In all my life, I couldn't begin to believe that one of our political parties could have degenerated into what the Republican Party has become.
This would have never happened in the old days of “smoked filled rooms” and party bosses. Once the Parties (both) reformed themselves (late 60’s and early 60’s) and opened themselves up to their masses, special interests and corporate monies have taken them over and political parties of old lost their purpose and identities.
Not that all of this is bad…most of it is good but this reform is far from perfect and will always be evolving..and we all know “change” is never universally accepted.

Define "current condition." I keep seeing MAGAs say we are a failing country in decline... i see the greatest nation on earth. Sure, it has some warts, but it always has and probably always will. Why do MAGAs hate our country?
This. I don’t see any of this “country is the worst off it has ever been” bullshit.

My take is a lot of Americans aren’t that familiar with her. I believe any moderate or independent looking for a reason to not vote for Trump will feel more comfortable voting for her based off last night’s performance.

Things can obviously change over the next two months, but I am guessing anyone who is truly undecided was more impressed by her than Trump.

Regardless, the question is still about voter turnout. That’s what will ultimately decide this election. She better have people on the ground in Pennsylvania helping to get her supporters to the polls. If she wins Pennsylvania, it should be game over.
Her positions in 2019 give me pause.

I'm guessing she'll get 3% in the next 2 weeks.

If there's another debate, Trump can't blow off the prep, and he should abandon personal attacks. Sure the moderators were biased, but that should have been expected. He owned himself last night. She wasn't strong, but he was very weak.
He was beyond weak. He's wholly incapable of doing the job. In every capacity. Age. Temperament. Policy. Everything. Harris is the only rational choice.

She certainly didn't help herself with the far left in her party. Claiming she is not against gun ownership and even retreating from her previous stance of advocating for a gun buyback. She went as far as to say she herself owns guns. Then she completely lost the environmentalist crowds support by stating she supports fracking.

Did she goad Trump and get him worked up, yes but that certainly didn't gain her any support vs the far left she alienated with her gun and fracking support.

She certainly didn't help herself with the far left in her party. Claiming she is not against gun ownership and even retreating from her previous stance of advocating for a gun buyback. She went as far as to say she herself owns guns. Then she completely lost the environmentalist crowds support by stating she supports fracking.

Did she goad Trump and get him worked up, yes but that certainly didn't gain her any support vs the far left she alienated with her gun and fracking support.
So what ? Are they gonna vote for Trump? Doubtful…Some might not vote but most probably will….

Two things imo . Economy and all out war in Mideast. Iran openly attacks Israel and it becomes a War on three fronts for them. Feeds into the chaos narrative.
If Iran openly attacks Israel, Iran will be completely destroyed before you wake up.

Iran would have attacked long ago if they didn’t accept that as reality.

Reactions: tumorboy
If Iran openly attacks Israel, Iran will be completely destroyed before you wake up.

Iran would have attacked long ago if they didn’t accept that as reality.
Maybe a broadening of War. Attacks by just about every proxy they have. From Iraq to Saudi Arabia and everywhere in between.

Biased? Maybe towards Trump by number of times he was allowed to speak compared to her. He lied 33 times and only got pushback on 4-5 of those. So I guess they were a little biased in your guy's favor.

If one person tells you it's raining, and another person tells you it's dry out; the journalist's job is not to simply quote both people. It's to look out the window.

I don't think so,.. They're all smart enough to know that these recently adopted position changes aren't real,.. Her "values haven't changed", remember?

In a normal election in normal times, it would be game-set-match. Harris was a slight to modest favorite and just won one of the most lopsided debates in history. However, I've learned not to underestimate Trump and the millions of MAGA dumbsh*ts that support him. I expect Harris will have the largest popular vote win since Obama 2008 and the largest Electoral College win since his reelection, but the people decide, and if people have proven anything it's that they're unpredictable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT