ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa have a chance on Saturday?

cidsports

HB King
Read an article about Lou Holtz, due to @frydaze Bob Commings thread.

Iowa is coming off their best opponent of the season. Iowa did beat three solid teams, compared to Kentucky's best 3 wins, based on record.

“Now let’s look at how did Iowa – how did they get here, Mark (May)? I don’t know,” Lou Holtz said.

“Total offense, they’re 123rd. Run they’re No. 106. Pass they’re No. 110. Scoring they’re 87th. There’s no way you’re playing the championship game with that kind of offensive statistics. However, their defense is good and they don’t make many mistakes. We talk almost each week about Phil Parker, the excellent defensive coordinator has done a tremendous job on total defense, their 13th, run defense they’re the 14th scoring defense they’re ninth so they’re a very, very good solid defensive football team.

“They’re seldom penalized, they don’t make mistakes, they protect the football and when you look at Iowa, you say ‘How they will be able to put points on the board against Michigan?’ Well when you look at (and) compare similar scores in the league against common opponents, the stats come out pretty good. I think it’s gonna be a heck of a football game, but I think Michigan prevails 24-17.”

Let's hope the Big Ten can buck some of the bowl cancelations and play one last game.

For Michigan, will it be two games?

Iowa faced Michigan; while Kentucky faced Georgia.

Go Big Ten!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News