ADVERTISEMENT

Does Jamie Pollard have a point?

Pollard was the president of the athletic Director of America just a year ago. He doesn’t say stuff like this to be partisan, he says it because it’s what he thinks. He’s a no nonsense guy and isn’t that far away from retirement. He’s trying to navigate Iowa State through all of this stuff, but what he says is what he believes

Nothing is unattainable…as the hospital keeps growing… ..U I Hospital-Clinics are a far higher priority than a B10 football stadium.
Nothing imminent though…just logical.
UI hospitals don’t need to grow right next to each other. Don’t they have buildings out in river-landing district in Coralville? Have them build something new in Coralville or the other side of Melrose. The UI generates a lot of alumni support from football. Would be crazy to get rid of Kinnick.

Reactions: San_Antonio_Hawk
UI hospitals don’t need to grow right next to each other. Don’t they have buildings out in river-landing district in Coralville? Have them build something new in Coralville or the other side of Melrose. The UI generates a lot of alumni support from football. Would be crazy to get rid of Kinnick.
“Kinnick” will never be gotten rid of. :rolleyes: Kinnick will not be in its current Stadium forever. Yankee Stadium has been replaced. Kinnick can be replaced. Gimme a break. Time moves on. Wanna sound like “an old man”? You are doing it. Eventually it’s gonna happen.
My guess would be by 2050 there will be a new stadium built. (And it’ll be better than the present facility!)

“Kinnick” will never be gotten rid of. :rolleyes: Kinnick will not be in its current Stadium forever. Yankee Stadium has been replaced. Kinnick can be replaced. Gimme a break. Time moves on. Wanna sound like “an old man”? You are doing it. Eventually it’s gonna happen.
My guess would be by 2050 there will be a new stadium built. (And it’ll be better than the present facility!)
Hard to imagine that Kinnick is coming up on 100 years old. This would seem the natural place for the next football venue.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6613939,-91.5761143,951m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

There are structural factors that greatly limit what Kinnick may need to become to be competitive….I just wonder what the hospital is going to do with all those work donkeys that are buried in the end zone when they start their construction? ;)
When the hospital does ultimately take over that land...it's going to be no simple project. That's a lot of stadium to deconstruct and a pretty big hole once you're done. Actually, the hole could be a plus...saves a lot of excavation. Would be cool if they did something like the Mall of America's takeover of the Met stadium site and leave a marker of some kind at the 50 or an end zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT