ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump Threatens to Primary House Republicans Who Refuse to Impeach Joe Biden

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
House Republicans have been talking a lot about impeaching President Joe Biden over what they allege is his improper involvement in his family’s business dealings.

But with a long to-do list when lawmakers return to Washington after August recess, for now, it's all talk.

Former President Donald Trump however, is pressuring GOP lawmakers to put action behind their words and begin the impeachment process against Biden − or face electoral consequences.

“Any Republican that doesn’t act on Democratic fraud should be immediately primaried and get out,” Trump told supporters at a campaign rally Saturday in Erie, Pennsylvania. “We got a lot of good, tough Republicans around. People are going to run against them and people are going to win.”

• Angry
Reactions: h-hawk
Trump is one the D's biggest assets at this point. He's the gift that keeps on giving....
He really is and the Republican Party will not exist in five to ten years if he’s the nominee. They will be setting themselves up for ten to twenty years of full Team Blue full control of the federal government all because of their odd obsession with a con man. Quite sad to see.

DeSantis or Scott would win by 3 to 5 points over the unpopular Biden yet Republicans have to nominate the only guy that can lose the election.

He really is and the Republican Party will not exist in five to ten years if he’s the nominee. They will be setting themselves up for ten to twenty years of full Team Blue full control of the federal government all because of their odd obsession with a con man. Quite sad to see.

DeSantis or Scott would win by 3 to 5 points over the unpopular Biden yet Republicans have to nominate the only guy that can lose the election.
The R establishment was all on board the "Trump is a sure loser in 2024" train but recent polling is changing that.

It's fools gold. Trump has a hard ceiling. Maybe the hardest ceiling in political history.

Some recent polls show Trump at around 40% and Biden a little under....that leaveS a whole lot of "undecided's"

Those "undecided's" ain't breaking for Trump...no way, no how.

There's no way there isn't huge turnout in any election involving Trump. The folks that are lukewarm on Biden will swing Biden's way in a general. Trumps a loser...2020 and 2022 proved that. His hand picked Senate candidates were slaughtered.

There was low turnout in 2016...that ain't happening again.

Last edited:

Agree on Scott or Haley...Ron jumped the shark. I don't see him as a winner in 2024...

Agree on Scott or Haley...Ron jumped the shark. I don't see him as a winner in 2024...
You might be right on RDS. Guy was phenomenal during Covid not sure what has happened but he’s been very disappointing as a candidate. Scott seems to be the guy so much so that leftists are claiming he embezzled money from his campaign. They see him as a threat if they are running ridiculous stories like the WaPo had the other day.

I feel exactly no sorrow for the GOP’s terrible circumstance. Trump repeatedly exhibited illegal, unethical, and improper behavior since he announced in 2015 (and before).

The Republican Party embraced him, even celebrated the deviancy. Party leaders opposed to his conduct remained silent, still fear him. Cowards.

Then, presented with opportunities to purge him from the party, they instead backed him. I hope he lives to 100 and drags the party further down into the gutter every living day til they throw shovels of dirt on him.

I feel exactly no sorrow for the GOP’s terrible circumstance. Trump repeatedly exhibited illegal, unethical, and improper behavior since he announced in 2015 (and before).

The Republican Party embraced him, even celebrated the deviancy. Party leaders opposed to his conduct remained silent, still fear him. Cowards.

Then, presented with opportunities to purge him from the party, they instead backed him. I hope he lives to 100 and drags the party further down into the gutter every living day of his life.
Nobody should feel sorry for R's...they've made their bed.

The problem is in a 2 party system we need a viable 2nd party...that's the problem.

That's my point,.. Trump's non-electability is going to become more and more apparent....
As long as he keeps getting charged with crimes. It's rally around the leader time. It took until 2016 for Republicans to hold Dubya accountable for Iraq. By not voting for Jeb!

LOL at all the people claiming this guy or that guy, or Nikki Haley would thump Biden. Maybe, but the issue is they'd have to win a primary, and the people who love Trump aren't going to vote for Tim Scott or Nikki Haley. And, DeSantis keeps looking worse and worse as he gets onto the big stage. When he had a compliant state legislature, and only appeared on right wing news silos he was great. Trying to be relatable in a Pizza Ranch and he sucks. Bumbling his way through a war against Disney and people scratch their heads.

LOL at all the people claiming this guy or that guy, or Nikki Haley would thump Biden. Maybe, but the issue is they'd have to win a primary, and the people who love Trump aren't going to vote for Tim Scott or Nikki Haley. And, DeSantis keeps looking worse and worse as he gets onto the big stage. When he had a compliant state legislature, and only appeared on right wing news silos he was great. Trying to be relatable in a Pizza Ranch and he sucks. Bumbling his way through a war against Disney and people scratch their heads.
Lucas I don’t say this often but you are 100 percent correct here.

This may not have been true 6 months ago, but has become more and more true each day since.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
The R establishment was all on board the "Trump is a sure loser in 2024" train but recent polling is changing that.

It's fools gold. Trump has a hard ceiling. Maybe the hardest ceiling in political history.

Some recent polls show Trump at around 40% and Biden a little under....that leaveS a whole lot of "undecided's"

Those "undecided's" ain't breaking for Trump...no way, no how.

There's no way there isn't huge turnout in any election involving Trump. The folks that are lukewarm on Biden will swing Biden's way in a general. Trumps a loser...2020 and 2022 proved that. His hand picked Senate candidates were slaughtered.

There was low turnout in 2016...that ain't happening again.

I hope you are right because I feel like there is a good chance he could win.

Would be happy for him to lose in 2024, face the consequences for his criminal actions and hopefully maybe we can put some of this nightmare behind us.

Part of the nightmare is going to stay with us however because Republican candidates have learned that hate mongering and rage is the ticket to winning the primary. Even without Trump that will continue for a while.

At least if that is the case the president will likely insist on tight security.
Security can't be tight everywhere. My worry would be some low level bureaucratics similar to the ones in Georgia or Pennsylvania that get doxxed because they gave someone a stick of gum.

Trump is one the D's biggest assets at this point. He's the gift that keeps on giving....
How in the hell is Trump leading the GOP candidates by quite a large amount in the polls? I saw a poll yesterday that had Trump at 54% and DeSantis the next closest at 17%. The normal republicans are down around 2%. Baffling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT