ADVERTISEMENT

Done with KF moment.

same

I’ll never forget being at the Wisconsin game in 2001 where McCann was terrible and every fan knew Banks should be the starter.
Many people defend that decision by saying Banks admitted he wasn't ready to start.
But that was more Brad Banks protecting his coach.
For some unknown reason, Ferentz hates dual threat QBs.

What was your “done with KF moment” mine was with how hard he dug his heels in with the Brian Ferentz shit show after 21 and 22 and allowing it to continue for another year. I probably showed up late to the party I’m sure.
Loss to Western Michiganin 2007 ended my run of season tickets. Still went to at least one game each season

Loss to Central Michigan in 2012 stepped me down from a big fan to a casual fan. I'm still that. I watch games quietly, expecting Iowa to give the ball to the opponent at the end of the game with a chance to beat us. Sometimes I'm angry even when we win those games

Promoting and then keeping Brian as OC/ QB coach really sealed the deal for me. There isn't a special place in Heaven for the coach that wins the most games while using the least amount of offense.

I'm a total fair-weather mofo (at least I admit it), so I've probably written KF off three times over the years, but he's always won me back, somehow.

Most recently, it was the 2022, 6 to 9 loss to Illinois (the Brian laugh game) that did it for me. Just a complete and total clown show.

But not playing Joe Labas in the third quarter of last year's Big Ten title game after Deacon Hill's fumble, just to see what might happen and what he might do differently, absolutely salted the earth for me, with no chance of regrowth.

I’ve had 3 “moments”:

The BF promotion and KF telling the fan base he searched the country for the best man for the job is when I knew the rest of his tenure was going to be rocky.

The Noah Fant fiasco is when KF proved to me beyond a doubt that he felt that he was above the program, and I was ready for a new HC.

Basically since mid-2021 it’s been a gradual downhill slide that’s gotten me to the point I’m at now where I want him out ASAP. Each press conference he’s becoming more and more of an a-hole and his sideline demeanor just screams dementia.

Loss to Western Michiganin 2007 ended my run of season tickets. Still went to at least one game each season

Loss to Central Michigan in 2012 stepped me down from a big fan to a casual fan. I'm still that. I watch games quietly, expecting Iowa to give the ball to the opponent at the end of the game with a chance to beat us. Sometimes I'm angry even when we win those games

Promoting and then keeping Brian as OC/ QB coach really sealed the deal for me. There isn't a special place in Heaven for the coach that wins the most games while using the least amount of offense.
Unfortunately I went to that Central
Michigan game in 12…took one of my good friends who was so excited to go to his first Iowa game. I felt bad being pissy waiting for the Hawkeye express. I remember one of the WRs on the radio post game saying “we aren’t taught to look for that” referring to him being wide up 30 yards down field(Vandenburg checked down into like a 2 yard gain.) late in the game while losing. Clown show.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: hawkdave007
What was your “done with KF moment” mine was with how hard he dug his heels in with the Brian Ferentz shit show after 21 and 22 and allowing it to continue for another year. I probably showed up late to the party I’m sure.
Brian Ferentz not being replaced after 2021.

I gave it a chance after Kirk went to the portal in 2023. Stopped watching because of Kirk sticking with Deacon Hill. Thought I would see how Lester would do. Quit watching when Kirk was too much of a coward to throw for the end zone with a second left in the first half of the Minnesota game.

That Minnesota game was the last one I watched and I am done until Kirk is.

Reactions: hawkdave007
I don't know if I'd call it my "Done with KF moment" but the home game vs. PSU in 2012 when we were just getting curb stomped. Down 38-0 in the 4th quarter, KF still didn't take out the starter Vandenberg and let the backup Rudock, who fans were clamoring for, get even a single snap.

I wasn't done with KF at that moment, but it did show me just how stubborn and spiteful a man and coach KF was. Anyone who says KF doesn't listen to outside noise or base his decisions on that stuff just needs to remember that game. Down 38-0 in the 4th quarter, there was ZERO reason to not bring in Rudock for some snaps and experience. KF didn't, he let JVB go the entire way and no one will ever convince me it wasn't a direct middle finger to the Iowa fans wanting JR to get a shot.

I don't know if I'd call it my "Done with KF moment" but the home game vs. PSU in 2012 when we were just getting curb stomped. Down 38-0 in the 4th quarter, KF still didn't take out the starter Vandenberg and let the backup Rudock, who fans were clamoring for, get even a single snap.

I wasn't done with KF at that moment, but it did show me just how stubborn and spiteful a man and coach KF was. Anyone who says KF doesn't listen to outside noise or base his decisions on that stuff just needs to remember that game. Down 38-0 in the 4th quarter, there was ZERO reason to not bring in Rudock for some snaps and experience. KF didn't, he let JVB go the entire way and no one will ever convince me it wasn't a direct middle finger to the Iowa fans wanting JR to get a shot.
I forgot about that moment, because there have been so many similar moments. I've been saying that he's been giving everyone the middle finger for a long time. And that was 12 years ago, and we're still having this discussion. If he's not gone after this year, I'll be the one who's done with Iowa football until the jerk leaves.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
I've been ready for him to go for a long time. Started with the McCann over Banks saga.
The time I really think back to is after the Orange Bowl win. Seemed like he might move on to an NFL job. I REALLY got my hopes up that was going to happen. Would have been a good parting time.

I forgot about that moment, because there have been so many similar moments. I've been saying that he's been giving everyone the middle finger for a long time. And that was 12 years ago, and we're still having this discussion. If he's not gone after this year, I'll be the one who's done with Iowa football until the jerk leaves.
Mind blowing. Not one single snap that em year….4-8 and an offense on par with the last few seasons.

• Angry
Reactions: BetterLuckNextTime
Mind blowing. Not one single snap that em year….4-8 and an offense on par with the last few seasons.
I soooooo hope he's gone. It's hard to care less about the football program right now, but it'll happen until the guy gets TFO. I cannot take any more of the captain. Next year might be the first time I voluntarily choose NOT to watch Iowa football if the tick is still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iron Doc
I soooooo hope he's gone. It's hard to care less about the football program right now, but it'll happen until the ***hole gets TFO. I cannot take any more of Captain Dumbass. Next year might be the first time I voluntarily choose NOT to watch Iowa football if the tick is still there.
Yep, this is where I am. I had pretty much zero emotions watching us get handled in the MSU game. I just don't care all that much about Iowa football until he's gone, because as long as he's HC I know that there's no intention of moving the program forward or trying to get it to the next level. He's going to do things the way he's always done them, wondering why things that worked in 2008 don't work in 2024, and Iowa is going to be a middling-at-best program.

In 26 years at Iowa, KF has ZERO outright B1G titles and ONE NY6 bowl win. And with that record, the guy feels like he's untouchable as a HC and so many idiot Iowa fans insist on treating him like he's Jesus.

Yep.

It’s not accurate to say “no KF decisions are influenced by what the fans want.”

Because it seems like some of his decisions are influenced by Hawk fans, in the sense that he’s less likely to do something he knows the fans want and/or more likely to do something he know the fans don’t want.

Yep.

It’s not accurate to say “no KF decisions are influenced by what the fans want.”

Because it seems like some of his decisions are influenced by Hawk fans, in the sense that he’s less likely to do something he knows the fans want and/or more likely to do something he know the fans don’t want.
Because he doesn't want to be proven wrong.

bold above - Me too. Although I was really p***** when they hired him instead of BS. Since then, I have really never been a fan of Ferentz and it has deteriorated over time with all of the events pointed out by other posters. I really cannot stand the guy any longer and his egotistical personality and dumb*** decisions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT