ADVERTISEMENT

Donut etiquette

CJ Beat Hard

HR Heisman
Dec 15, 2016
What is the proper donut etiquette when bringing donuts for a work team? Do you buy enough for everyone to have 1,2, or 3?

Let’s say a group of 8 total people - are you bringing in 12, 18, or 24?

Reactions: BrianNole777
Are you included in the 8?

If so, I would buy one or two singles for myself. Eat them on the way in.

Then I would buy a half dozen for everybody else and leave it on the breakroom table. When somebody says something about six donuts for seven people, remind them that Nancy keeps saying that she needs to go on a diet, so you assumed she did not want one.

I don't eat breakfast unless its Sat or Sunday, but last Thursday we had a meeting in the office and I decided to grab doughnuts to be nice. 0 of the dozen got eaten. They went in the trash. Lesson learned.

What is the proper donut etiquette when bringing donuts for a work team? Do you buy enough for everyone to have 1,2, or 3?

12. I work in a small office with 3 other people. If I ever bring donuts it's a half dozen for all of us.

Use the standard doughnut 1.5 multiplier but round up to the nearest multiple of 6:

8 people = 12 donuts

10 people = 18 doughnuts (10 x 1.5 = 15 rounded up to 18

For 8 people I'd bring in 6 and fire the two who weren't aggressive enough to get one

u8vha9lixlza1.jpg

If I had 8 people in my work section, I'd grab a dozen and a bag of extra donut holes. "Free" should never cause etiquette issues. If it does, find better workmates. ;)

A dozen is fine. There'll be some that won't have any be it you didn't get the right kind, diet, whatever, some that will have one and of course the one who'd take the whole dozen if could.

Now you’re making me sad. I can only buy normal size donuts near me. Where is this magical shop you found that has giant donuts?
Hyvee used to have the Texas glazed donuts which were as big as a plate. Probably still too small for most of us, but it would do in a pinch.

Reactions: ping72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT