ADVERTISEMENT

Dow tumbles 700 points into bear market territory, S&P 500 heads for new 2022 closing low

Trump added more to the deficit in 4 years than both Bushes did in 12 years. Almost as much as Obama in 8 years. At least Trump gave tax breaks for the rich, we're all on board with that, amirite?

Covid year kind of skewed things….same for Biden in 2021.

Be real interesting to see what the final tally for 2022 is…

Runaway federal spending has a nasty way of creating such financial havoc both here and abroad.

Unfortunately, Stuttering Joe and his leftest cronies have only begun.
When did this "runaway federal spending start" Red? Seems to me it started under Junior and has continued until the present.....Junior (4 years)....Obama (8 years).....Trump (4 years) and Biden (1 1/2 years)......Biden and Trump cannot be held accountable for how China has mishandled Covid, which is responsible for most of the current supply chain mess in the world....and Biden certainly cannot be held responsible for Putin invading Ukraine and interupting the flow of oil and natural gas in Europe and the world markets. Try harder.

Reactions: Kelsers
When did this "runaway federal spending start" Red? Seems to me it started under Junior and has continued until the present.....Junior (4 years)....Obama (8 years).....Trump (4 years) and Biden (1 1/2 years)......Biden and Trump cannot be held accountable for how China has mishandled Covid, which is responsible for most of the current supply chain mess in the world....and Biden certainly cannot be held responsible for Putin invading Ukraine and interupting the flow of oil and natural gas in Europe and the world markets. Try harder.
He was responsible because he wasn’t tuff and strong and crazy bla bla bla like trump. Come on you know the lines.

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News
You, 93, and MAGA goldie are dumb AF.

Reactions: HawkNester
You do know the wealthy are the ones that are going to make piles of money off this buying opportunity right? Bad policy has directly lead to a buyers market for those with cash? Or that Biden has also given breaks to "the rich?
whiskey....you do understand that that is how "capitalism" works, don't you? Capitalism has more than its share of warts, too. Just like any other economic system the world has seen.

This is why the country is failing. Despite what democratic policies do, blind, mind numb robots vote for them anyway. Why should they change? They get your vote
Post pictures from the Donbas when you get there.

Reactions: Ree4
Biden is spending at an unsustainable rate, especially on programs with no tangible results.

It's funny that I've seen at least a dozen republicans touting the benefits of a bill that they voted against. While voting against the bill they are trying to take credit for the benefits, is that somehow better than voting for it?

I'd like to learn more about good solid R policies, can you tell me more about what you/they would suggest?
Easy. Balance the budget and pay down the debt.

Savings-Investment=Exports-Imports

This was practiced by Truman, Ike and Clinton.

Nobody wants to hear this so it has very little traction.

B-I=X-M

I'm tired of leftists blaming the supply chain and Putin for Biden`s economy. There is no question they are a factor but the dems policies have made it 100 times worse than necessary. When Putin invaded Ukraine did Biden move to increase domestic oil production to make up for Russia's decrease? No. When the supply chain crisis increased inflation did Biden stop government spending? No, he signed trillions of unnecessary spending bills.

So stop with the "why do honest people blame the left crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4 and Red Runney
I'm tired of leftists blaming the supply chain and Putin for Biden`s economy. There is no question they are a factor but the dems policies have made it 100 times worse than necessary. When Putin invaded Ukraine did Biden move to increase domestic oil production to make up for Russia's decrease? No. When the supply chain crisis increased inflation did Biden stop government spending? No, he signed trillions of unnecessary spending bills.

Where is it that you stand on interracial marriage again?

I thought so, curious why somebody would park money in a glorified savings account when short term fixed annuities are paying 4% and short-term CD rates are matching some of their highest levels in 10 years (CDs with rate bump options are great if you can find one). Have to be earning as much as you can to combat this inflation.
If you don't need the money for a year, Series I Savings Bonds are paying 9.62%.

Where are you finding CDs superior enough to outweigh the liquidity of a MM? I'm seeing local mm at 1.4% and CD at 2.75%
I just invested at 4.06% in a CD and had 2 more options at 4.05% and 4%. And a 3.25% and a 2.95%.

Admittedly this was a 7 figure investment on behalf of an entity and not a personal one.

The leftests are in denial regarding Stuttering Joes accountability in this.

Btw you nailed it in your response.

One year ago the Federal Reserve stated that "inflation was transitory, that they wouldn't consider raising interest rates until 2024, and that there is no chance of a recession." So either they're incompetent or they're lying to us. Which is it?

One year ago the Federal Reserve stated that "inflation was transitory, that they wouldn't consider raising interest rates until 2024, and that there is no chance of a recession." So either they're incompetent or they're lying to us. Which is it?
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be both?

For what it’s worth…I got another email from a company I had been looking at buying some home improvement products from….they are lowering/reverting to their standard pricing. This is about the third instance of this I have seen in the past couple of weeks. First time I can recall this occurring in the past year and a half-two years.

Could be a coincidence, but at this point I’m thinking it may be some day to day signs of an overall market trend.

Nevertheless I love the Trump/MAGA/right wing crowd suddenly caring about out of control government spending when their man ran up the largest tab ever…he was in the White House for about half the time as Obama and racked up nearly 80% of the total debt Obama did in 8 years…

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT