ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Day: the movie

BonzoFury

HR All-American
Feb 4, 2022
Seems timely. If you guys haven't checked this out, give it a shot. Came out about 10 years ago, Kevin Costner stars. Lots of other familiar faces. It's not free of cliches (what sports movie is?) but it's pretty entertaining. Be a good weekend to throw away a couple of hours on it.

The petulant undrafted QB character is looking a bit like Will Levis.

I don't know what Will Levis did to piss off the media, but they seemed to have gone out of their way to make him look bad.
I didn't hear anyone actually associated with an NFL team say Will Levis was going to be a first round pick. It was only in the last 10 days or so that the media started inflating Levis's draft potential. It's like they used him to create drama where none existed.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Draft Day is an entertaining movie if you can forget everything you actually know about scouting and drafting. I mean, the entire team of coaches, scouts and the GM save one guy that remembered after being asked where he was, didn't realize the best defensive player in the draft got ejected from his bowl game until they watched clips about a day before the draft. The back and forth negotiations between the GMs is fun though. I like Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in about everything.

I don't know what Will Levis did to piss off the media, but they seemed to have gone out of their way to make him look bad.
I didn't hear anyone actually associated with an NFL team say Will Levis was going to be a first round pick. It was only in the last 10 days or so that the media started inflating Levis's draft potential. It's like they used him to create drama where none existed.

I don’t care for him, nor could I, for the life of me understand the hype?! You could honestly say, his best game ever, was against our defense vs Kentucky and that because our D is legit, but not NFLcaliber?!

He was all flash no substance, but now he’s a bad guy?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT