ADVERTISEMENT

Draymond Green

No. No they did not.
I don’t care about this thread but if you didn’t notice Lowry whining about every foul called on him you are blind. Every NBA player needs to shut up and stop watching the Jumbotron to prove they didn’t foul someone.

Reactions: BBHawk
I don’t care about this thread but if you didn’t notice Lowry whining about every foul called on him you are blind. Every NBA player needs to shut up and stop watching the Jumbotron to prove they didn’t foul someone.

Everyone pales in comparison to DG when it comes to whining. He could and should get t'ed up almost every time he gets a foul called on him when he reacts the way he does.

Reactions: onionman1
No way in hell is he a HOF, he's a solid player for Golden State and he fits perfect into their system and he thrives off of having 3 Studs around him. With that said I would take him on my team cause he will do the dirty work and he's very versatile as he can guard most positions and he bring the ball up the floor. Just imagine if you take Thompson and Durant off this team, are him and Curry keeping the warriors in the top 5 teams in the west? I don't think so.

Draymond makes their "system", he doesn't fit into it. He's the guy who unlocks their whole death/Hamptons five lineups that have led to one of the best stretches in league history. Having a guy that is a legit rim protector, can switch onto guards and can make plays out of pick and rolls is so extremely rare.

Draymond makes their "system", he doesn't fit into it. He's the guy who unlocks their whole death/Hamptons five lineups that have led to one of the best stretches in league history. Having a guy that is a legit rim protector, can switch onto guards and can make plays out of pick and rolls is so extremely rare.
Some truth to this, but it would be even more impressive if he got called for many of the blatant fouls that he usually gets away with. It's not uncommon to see him screaming at an official, when the replay shows that he mugged his opponent several times before the foul was finally called. Kind of the Izzo approach--keep on fouling and the officials will adjust the way they call the game and allow a lot of the crap to go uncalled.

Some truth to this, but it would be even more impressive if he got called for many of the blatant fouls that he usually gets away with. It's not uncommon to see him screaming at an official, when the replay shows that he mugged his opponent several times before the foul was finally called. Kind of the Izzo approach--keep on fouling and the officials will adjust the way they call the game and allow a lot of the crap to go uncalled.
If you think that DG is the only one who guards like that in the NBA, please pass whatever you are smoking...

Also....
Rodman made 2 All Star games, Green already as 3.
Rodman was 3rd team all NBA 2 times...Green already has a 2nd team and a 3rd team.
Green was a consensus 1st Team All American at MSU and the NABC POY.
. for the most part people who don't like beer Draymond Green it's because of his personality and they're not being basketball objective for his size and what he offers that team bringing the ball up the floor of the defense he's a future hall-of-famer no problem

Reactions: MSU1986
. for the most part people who don't like beer Draymond Green it's because of his personality and they're not being basketball objective for his size and what he offers that team bringing the ball up the floor of the defense he's a future hall-of-famer no problem

Well that counts me out..

Reactions: Legend12 and BBHawk

Yeah and he also gets penalized a lot of times because of who he is, and gets called for fouls he didn't commit. I know one of the finals games he had three phantom fouls called. It goes both ways for him because he plays it so close to the edge.

Yeah and he also gets penalized a lot of times because of who he is, and gets called for fouls he didn't commit. I know one of the finals games he had three phantom fouls called. It goes both ways for him because he plays it so close to the edge.
So, you contend that Draymond gets called for a lot of fouls he didn't commit?:rolleyes: Wow, is he your cousin or something?

So, you contend that Draymond gets called for a lot of fouls he didn't commit?:rolleyes: Wow, is he your cousin or something?

I'm saying it goes both ways with him because of the aggressive style of D he plays. He'll get away with some, but he'll also get screwed on some when a ref thinks he saw something that wasn't there.

I'm saying it goes both ways with him because of the aggressive style of D he plays. He'll get away with some, but he'll also get screwed on some when a ref thinks he saw something that wasn't there.

Gets away with some? We may just need to agree to disagree. He is more along the lines of ‘they won’t call them all’

Reactions: KenBiscutmit
Green is a very good player, but he will need to be on several more championship teams to have a good shot at the HOF IMO.

Draymond is such a hack! If he ever would just STFU and play he would be tolerable to watch. I love rooting against him. He's a typical MSU thug who has brought that mentality to the pros. His defense is atrocious and gets away with a lot of fouling and then bitches when the refs actually call a foul on him.
If the NBA called the game like they do in college, Draymond would be permanently suspended for the season with all the T's he would have received. Hell, even Izzo would be thrown out of games for sticking up for his thug football player that he has trying to play basketball.

You are nuts. He guards every position on the floor, great weakside defender, plays the middle for a team without a center, hell of a rebounder,great glue guy.

Without him GS wins nothing.

You guys should have defenders like him and you would be 10x better

Hey , Izzo's system works.
They do learn to play defense, something other teams in the BT might want to follow

You are nuts. He guards every position on the floor, great weakside defender, plays the middle for a team without a center, hell of a rebounder,great glue guy.

Without him GS wins nothing.

You guys should have defenders like him and you would be 10x better

No one is saying green isn't a good player, he just needs to quit being such a cry baby complainer when he gets called for a foul. It's annoying

No one is saying green isn't a good player, he just needs to quit being such a cry baby complainer when he gets called for a foul. It's annoying

Plenty of idiots are saying he's not good. They let his antics get in the way of seeing how good of a bball player he is. No surprise, it's vintage college basketball fans.

He is the type of player you need to win championships, but those saying that he doesn't commit dirty fouls and that officials, if anything, pick on him, are in fantasy land. If he gets called for five fouls in a game, he will whine about at least four of them and replays will often show that he repeatedly mugged someone before the foul was called. I think Golden State needs to win a couple more championships with him as a key player before he is in the HOF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT